NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a possible issue with the Dallas set, when discussing silvers not matching on pants and helmets, etc. could be the fact that they technically don't use silver. it's "dallas blue" or "Texas blue".. basically a lighter hue of powder blue with a metallic look. before the metallic "silver" look became so prominent, they matched up very nicely (check some old staubach photos). going back to that would keep the tradition and unify the look as well.

a possible issue with the Dallas set, when discussing silvers not matching on pants and helmets, etc. could be the fact that they technically don't use silver. it's "dallas blue" or "Texas blue".. basically a lighter hue of powder blue with a metallic look. before the metallic "silver" look became so prominent, they matched up very nicely (check some old staubach photos). going back to that would keep the tradition and unify the look as well.

They do technically use silver. Its the helmet color for one, and its one of the primary colors on the rarely seen navy blue jersey. The helmets are silver, not the light, ugly silver-green.The facemasks are grey. The logotype is in non metallic silver. Dallas uses 8 colors, 2 shades of blue, 4 shades of grey, black and white.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

They do technically use silver. Its the helmet color for one, and its one of the primary colors on the rarely seen navy blue jersey. The helmets are silver, not the light, ugly silver-green.The facemasks are grey. The logotype is in non metallic silver. Dallas uses 8 colors, 2 shades of blue, 4 shades of grey, black and white.

I really wish they would nix black totally. They can use blue or silver as a trim color these days.

I really wish they would nix black totally. They can use blue or silver as a trim color these days.

that was the point of my concept: simplify, simplify, simplify. Well the color scheme at least. I do want to keep a modern edge that is NFL appropriate.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Just a question, what major changes did you think about doing to the Jets? Color scheme change, name change, complete overhaul? Just curious.

I was gonna try a jet going down the sleeve a la Texas A&M, Miss State style. Then it became a 3 stripe style of the jet on the sleeve, then I went back to the old style '68 uniforms.

Color wise I feel like i went through a lot. It was gonna stay green and white. then it became green and grey/white, green and gold, then i realized there are too many of those, even green and Titans navy, green and black, but then it stayed at green and white.

I do not want to change names for any team. Honestly, I hardly know where the prime relocation sites are in the NFL. (I call myself a fan of the NFL, but I'm not completely in knowledge of the league.) I like to think I"m creative but for something like that is a little bit out of my league for now.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Ok, while I'm at it, I do have the Raiders ready to go.

EpS0YTe.png

To me, the Raiders are like Alabama, very traditional, not in need of a huge change.

-widened the helmet stripe.

-gave the raiders a simple over the shoulder "sword" motif

-returned to silver numbers on the road jersey.

-thanks to Madden, a silver jersey

-special "Black Hole" jersey for primetime games

C and C always welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Black Hole uniform is SEXY. But I'm highly doubting the odds of the Raiders playing any Monday night any time soon. ;)

Stranger things have happened before. that's right, i'm looking at you Iron Bowl B)

AmPJ0Ty.png 

EpS0YTe.png

To me, the Raiders are like Alabama, very traditional, not in need of a huge change.

C and C always welcome

All in all great uniforms, but i do prefer black numbers on the road, and i think it would cool if you added a white outline with the silver one on the black hole unis to make them pop more

EpS0YTe.png

C and C always welcome

All in all great uniforms, but i do prefer black numbers on the road, and i think it would cool if you added a white outline with the silver one on the black hole unis to make them pop more

I love the silver numbers on the white. The Black Hole uniforms are simply fantastic, but I think the issue of the refs having problems reading the numbers would shelf the idea. I like the pants stripe a lot, but not a huge fan of the shoulder stripes.

Archived