NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue helmet with the grey facemask looks pretty muddled. Better to go with white there. Just curious, but I'm assuming (hoping) the grey jersey/pants would be worn with the blue helmet?

You assumed(hoped) correctly.

v4wiOqF.png

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm mad a didn't see it earlier, I like it. But do the stripes really go down that far on their current uniforms? If so, I've never noticed, it's a little bit of an eyesore for me, but I'm fine with it if they actually use that IRL.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm mad a didn't see it earlier, I like it. But do the stripes really go down that far on their current uniforms? If so, I've never noticed, it's a little bit of an eyesore for me, but I'm fine with it if they actually use that IRL.

They don't, they used to in the Unitas days, but not anymore.

They don't, they used to in the Unitas days, but not anymore.

That's what I was going for. The old Unitas-style wrap around double shoulder stripes

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The reviews on Indy seem really good so lets move onto Jacksonville.

8pmQP5Q.png

Well, the entire world knows that Jacksonville went through a uniform over haul recently which went pretty decently .... below the neck.

So in designing this, my first action was to tell myself that the sublimated jaguar print was a giant cliche so i stayed away from it. Teal will remain the home game jersey when white isn't worn, leaving black to be the alternate. Gone is the horribly done gradient helmet, replaced by the loveable "im black from certain angles, with teal" helmet. The striping is based off of the serifs(?) in the new wordmark, and the stripes ended up looking remincient of Florida's 2009 Pro Combat. The pants repeat the motif. I think this is better than what the Jags unveiled, so let me know what you think

AmPJ0Ty.png 

that 4th helmet looks a lot like University Maryland......I like the gradient though. I'm not really sure about the purple instead of red on the Maryland flag/crest/coat of arms. I am from Virginia and we kinda have a rivalry with Maryland (collegiate and political) so I don't mind the Lord Baltimore Coat of Arms being in purple, but you would have to get a Marylander point of view......

Roll Tide

Jacksonville is a hit, so its time to post KC

DZxPCLm.png

Kansas City has always been simple. Way too simple to mess with here. But I took away the traditional striping in exchange for a more unique idea. I saw the idea on bigmike's BIG concepts when he redesigned the Fighting Illini, and for a team called the Chiefs, I thought it was a perfect fit for them. One helmet, 2 jerseys, 2 pants. Kept it simple for a classic team.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived