NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was out of internet range for a long weekend, and I have the Cowboys ready to go.

Dallas_Cowboys_zpsc7d9b6fc.png?t=1381199

The "Boys" have looked fine.... depending on the uniform set you're referring to. I like the navy jersey, and the throwback, which is one of the best in the league.

Now the white jersey... is a mismatch of horrific proportions. The helmet doesn't match the pants, there's black on the jersey... its a mess. I hoped to fix this. Now if you've seen the Dallas 2012 Style Guide, which I have, lists 8 different colors, and I reduced it to 3: Navy, Silver and White. I think the stars should be on the shoulders and so they are. I kept stripes on the jerseys. Yes, I know that Silver and White shouldnt touch, but I wanted simple rather than add a color that doesn't belong here. The helmet remains the same. The Jerseys are Navy and White, and I didn't specify which is the "home" jersey. There is now a white set of pants, because white has been elevated above silver in some respects. The throwback is back in its entirety because the NFL can suck it about throwback helmets.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

That much orange on the Bears is really overpowering. The numbers would look better in white, I believe.

Changing the browns Striping to match Green Bay was a step down as well. I prefer their current.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That much orange on the Bears is really overpowering. The numbers would look better in white, I believe.

Changing the browns Striping to match Green Bay was a step down as well. I prefer their current.

Yeah, looking back on that I have no idea why they weren't white. the Browns striping is meant to match the "B" in the football logo, but I felt there wasn't enough contrast to see the colors so I added the stripe in there. Unfortunately, and I'm getting tired of saying this, but because I lost my thumb drive, The Bears, Bengals, and Browns can't be updated. Dallas is the only team that can be updated as of right now.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

i just found this thread and all of them are great. also what program are you using because all i have is paint and i want to upgrade

Well that depends on what type of images you want to use. I prefer to use vector images so I use illustrator cs6, which is pricey, so Inkscape is a free alternative, or if you want to work with raster images, photoshop is good but again, pricey. Gimp is a great program that does the same things as Photoshop, but it's all based on what images you want to use

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm not liking Inkscape as much as I thought I would. I thought of getting gimp, but I don't want ad ware again. Can Inkscape use files in svg format?

yes. I had inkscape mastered for over a year and then I made the transition to Illustrator. Inkscape was hard to use, because I was a Gimp-er for a long time, and then I discovered that vector imaging was better for this stuff. And you get ad ware from Gimp? I've had it for a long time, and its never given me ad ware.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm not liking Inkscape as much as I thought I would. I thought of getting gimp, but I don't want ad ware again. Can Inkscape use files in svg format?

yes. I had inkscape mastered for over a year and then I made the transition to Illustrator. Inkscape was hard to use, because I was a Gimp-er for a long time, and then I discovered that vector imaging was better for this stuff. And you get ad ware from Gimp? I've had it for a long time, and its never given me ad ware.
Yeah, and while it was downloading, my computer frozefroze multiple times while I was doing other stuff. It didn't finish, so I might try again

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Yeah, looking back on that I have no idea why they weren't white. the Browns striping is meant to match the "B" in the football logo, but I felt there wasn't enough contrast to see the colors so I added the stripe in there. Unfortunately, and I'm getting tired of saying this, but because I lost my thumb drive, The Bears, Bengals, and Browns can't be updated. Dallas is the only team that can be updated as of right now.

I understand the thumb drive issues.

Dallas was meh for me. I think white pants should be reserved for the throwback with silver on home and away.

The doubled outlined numbers look a tad cluttered for me, especially on the white jersey. I'm also not too big on the college style script on the front. That would look better shrunk down.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Alright, I'm at a loss on what do to with the numbers on Dallas. They're double outlined because the star on the shoulder is double outlined and I want some consistency. What do I do?

One thing worth mentioning: the Cowboys' star was probably double outlined because the helmet it rested on was silver. It was probably double outlined either for 1) visibility issues or 2) the probability that a single white outline would have looked horrible on the helmet.

In any event you don't really have to double outline the numbers because the logo is double outlined. The protocol for numbers and logos don't have to be the same and there are plenty of teams that don't outline their numbers like they do their logos. As far as this concept is concerned I don't mind the double outline on the numbers on either jersey but think a single, thicker silver outline on both sets would look better.

I do not dislike adding white pants to this set at all. I think the white pants would be another sharp look for the Cowboys. It's like how I feel about the Panthers; they have a silver helmet but would look good wearing white pants with any of their jerseys.

Dallas_Cowboys_Update_zps4e35eae5.png

I'm not happy with the numbers, but I'm getting rid of the double outlines on the numbers. My biggest concern is the contrast of silver and white. I'm keeping the white pants for the full time uniforms because in this concept, white takes over for silver, so the option for white pants should be there. I have Denver all ready to go, so let me know if I should put it up.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I don't know if it's my computer or anything, but on the home and away the numbers are really blurry. They're pretty clear on the alternates, though.

That's the problem with the silver outlined white numbers

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Denver_Broncos_zps4ce79ad3.png

So I can't figure out Dallas' numbers, so I felt like I should move on to Denver. I like this look. Its a throwback look to the years after the wonderful yellow and brown years. I like the striping and I found it unique, and it would probably translate to the Speed Machine template better than the current jerseys would. The original set had an orange helmet, but this logo, orange helmet? Not a good look. So I kept the helmet navy, with a more traditional stripe, the jerseys are orange, white, navy, with orange being the home jersey. I tried putting a logo on the sleeves, but it just didnt look right, plus with players not showing most of the sleeve, it probably wouldn't be seen very well. I decided against orange pants, because they don't wear them now, and I wouldn't want to see a orange/orange game.

C and C this, and let me know if Detroit should go up, because they are ready to go.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Nice, clean and classy Broncos set. Only thing I would do is to flip the colors of the stripes on the white pants to make it more consistent (orange in the middle). Other than that, no complaints.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived