2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you guys should've kept the guy who got the Vezina vote. B)

Emery wanted to leave and fight for a #1 job. Or just fight, evidently.

You know, we could use him right about now, he may end up with more goals than Greening and more PIM's than Kassian on the season.

Just want to give a special tip of the hat to Eric Staal, who already has his seventh goal on this young season. This is what being a Good Canadian Boy is all about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shawn Thornton is an asshat and he spells his first name wrong too. The game doesn't need these types of players.

James Neal should be suspended and/or fined for kneeing a guy in the head. That was one of the dirtiest moves I've seen in a long time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Shawn Thornton is an asshat and he spells his first name wrong too. The game doesn't need these types of players.

James Neal should be suspended and/or fined for kneeing a guy in the head. That was one of the dirtiest moves I've seen in a long time.

Shawn >>> Shaun >>> Sean

And to address any "typical homer bull :censored:" people out there - Neal's knee was dirty. Filthy. A crime of inaction is not as bad as seeking someone out to smite them, but something like what he did has no place in any sport. I'd like to think the Penguins are above that kind of crap. Last night was a disappointment in many ways.

The Penguins are one of the dirtiest teams around. Unlike other teams, the Penguins can mask their dirtiness by hiding behind Crosby and Malkin to the media.

Any team that employed Matt Cooke and Eric Godard at the same time is, by default, a dirty team.

Yeah, you have the Penguins, Flyers, Bruins, Rangers, Sabres, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, and Islanders who always seem to be getting into something. The Devils tend to run a tight ship, the Wings and Bolts are too finesse-based to mess around much, and the Hurricanes are a country club on ice and can't be arsed to care about anything. Other than those, though, there's always some sort of crap afoot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was going to try and argue some of those, but, no, I can't, because there is a recent development with almost every single one of those teams that escalated into some huge affair (Capitals as well, but they probably got lost in that long train of thought). The only team that I can't think of much with are the Leafs, but I'm sure it's happened at some point (probably in a game where they had a -20 shot differential).

But now that you've differentiated the Lightning and Wings from the pack, I want to see some epic brawl in either of the upcoming Stevie Y. games in the next week. Radko Gudas would have to be the Bolt involved; who's the relative goon on the Wings? I guess it would have to be Bertuzzi?

spacer.png

Oh yeah, that, right, with the whole Kessel being suspended for the remainder of the pre-season (pre-season Shanaban, laugh out frigging loud).

But that probably plays right into the good admiral's point - there are so many ridiculous blowups in the East that, after a while, they all just kind of blend right into each other.

spacer.png

Shawn >>> Shaun >>> Sean

Spelling Sean incorrectly is greater than spelling it correctly? That makes no sense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Fluery came within a foot of scoring an empty net goal. I'm glad he didn't because I would've broken something.

Penguins beat the Blue Jackets on a garbage goal, but they probably should've scored 10 times before that so it's whatever.

Bobrovsky is going to be in a fight with McElhinney for his job when he comes back from injury in a month.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived