2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Jackets win the Rick Nash Bowl 4-2 in Madison Square Garden. That was a fun game.

You know why the Rangers are struggling? Rick Nash, Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, Anton Stralman oh and ultradouche Scott Arniel is running the power play. That’s way too many former Blue Jackets/former head coach to have on one team if you want to succeed.

Fourth place, 1 game under Bettman .500 (I LOVE this term, I’ve been borrowing it, I hope that’s okay), and they can tie Carolina for third if they can manage to pull out a win on Saturday.

McBackup left the game after the first period and career minor leaguer Mike McKenna (McBackupBackup) allowed just one goal through two periods for the W. We can’t afford to lose another goalie. Hopefully McElhinney isn’t injured.

edit: Rick Nash had 0 goals, 0 shots on goal, 0 assists, and was -2. I'm very happy with what's become of the team's direction and attitude since he was traded. He was an impediment to change in many ways and moving on from him finally allowed the team to build the way hockey teams are built. I'd make that trade again every day.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's weird. I was watching the Carolina/Calgary game late last night (for reasons that TOTALLY escape me), and the Calgary netminder is Karri Ramo, and my only memories of Ramo are the complete hot trash he was with the Lightning between 2007-2009. Hell, even this year, he's still a sub-.900 save percentage guy. Dude sucks.

Got me onto a Twitter spiel that at one point mentioned that I'd rather watch Mike McKenna again than Karri Ramo.

And then I check Mike McKenna, and he was the damn starting goaltender for the Jackets last night! What's even worse is that I was WATCHING THAT GAME(!) and didn't even realize it. Granted, there were two other games I had more attention on (and coming home to see the Rangers in a 3-1 hole already, when they're sucking as much turd as they already are, helped), but, jeez, I guess I supposed it was McElhinney (another former Bolt, for like four whole days in 2011) in net last night. That was...weird.

--

Red Wings lost a shootout last night. Eleven straight shootouts dropped. At least they can claim to have won more ROW than the Lightning, even though they're only on level points because they have mastered the art of the loser point. Another decade(s)-long skid against the Wings vanquished in 2013. Woo-hoo.

--

I also just realized that, for a guy with a name like McCarthy, having two Mc's as the goaltending duo is almost like a dream come true. Strap on the pads before it's too late, buddy! :lol:

spacer.png

Sabres need 113 goals in 49 games just to average 2 goals scored per game on the year and I don't think they're gonna do it. This is all-time bad.

02:48 DAL Colton Sceviour (1) Backhand shot - ASST: Antoine Roussel (7)

The worst part of a blowout is when they start inventing fictitious players to score on you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Top four defensemen? What top four defensemen?

/InjuryBugStrikesAgain

//AndAgain

///StartingToWonderIfLetangsContractWasWorthHisApparentFragility

I'll trade you your top four defensemen for the Islanders' top four defensemen.

Blue Jackets win the Rick Nash Bowl 4-2 in Madison Square Garden. That was a fun game.

You know why the Rangers are struggling? Rick Nash, Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, Anton Stralman oh and ultradouche Scott Arniel is running the power play. That’s way too many former Blue Jackets/former head coach to have on one team if you want to succeed.

Fourth place, 1 game under Bettman .500 (I LOVE this term, I’ve been borrowing it, I hope that’s okay), and they can tie Carolina for third if they can manage to pull out a win on Saturday.

McBackup left the game after the first period and career minor leaguer Mike McKenna (McBackupBackup) allowed just one goal through two periods for the W. We can’t afford to lose another goalie. Hopefully McElhinney isn’t injured.

edit: Rick Nash had 0 goals, 0 shots on goal, 0 assists, and was -2. I'm very happy with what's become of the team's direction and attitude since he was traded. He was an impediment to change in many ways and moving on from him finally allowed the team to build the way hockey teams are built. I'd make that trade again every day.

Agreed. I hated the Jackets for a good six months after that trade. But, I am glad they did it. One of the best things they have ever done. Rick is good, but not worth a whole team.

Well, that was frickin' embarrassing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh, and that whole "we're not going to review the goal call because reasons" crap was precisely why I wasn't sorry that Seabrook got away with washing out a game-winning goal for Anaheim. I won't deny my biases -- both emotional and the fact that most games I watch are Hawks games -- but the Hawks get hosed on goal calls a lot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Lightning and Devils played tonight in Newark.

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I don't think I got my point across yet. :sleeping:

---

It's been three years, and I still haven't been able to make my mind up yet as to whether Steve Cangialosi is just an excitable fellow or downright irritating to listen to. I'm going to lean towards the latter only because the Devils only beat the teams that I actually like, which is the most ridiculous crap in the NHL this season. 5-0 against TB and NYR, and 8-21 against the rest of the league. The only way that team is forging into the playoffs this year is because the Metro Division is like the old Southeast Division on steroids.

spacer.png

Archived