2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Someone's going to lose their job over that. The NHL requires the home team's ice staff to have multiple panes of glass ready to go, stickers off and glass cleaned and all that.

Man, there's nothing Dale Tallon can't forget to have done.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islanders finally win, breaking their 10-game winless streak (0-8-2) and 10-game road losing streak. Their last road win was November 1.

Of course, Kevin Poulin might have hurt himself in the shootout after playing his best game of the season.

So the last 4 games the Sharks have held a lead, they have blown a 2 goal advantage, and tonight it was to the downtrodden Islanders. 3 out of the 4 games were to pretty weak teams that they need to put away and crush. Yup the Sharks are allergic to beating the East's weakest at home(NYI and BUF).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

No Ottawa player had "control" of the puck. It is fairly common for the puck to bounce off of a player on a team with a delayed penalty and play continue, no?

Bonus OITGDNHL lolpoints for the announcers in the video on their own site spending the entire four minutes lambasting the refs, then abruptly cutting out after the final call before the announcers can respond.

2-0-0 against the New (more like OLD!) Jersey Devils this year. A surprisingly entertaining game between two teams who don't score a lot of goals.

Came out really flat and found themselves in a 3-1 hole. Battled back to score 3 unanswered goals. New Jersey tied it with 5 minutes left, and with 90 seconds Nick Foligno had a puck bounce off his skate and into the net. Call it the happy accident after having the winning goal the previous night against Pittsburgh bounce off his body into his own net.

The Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson line had 4 goals and New Jersey had no answer for them. That line needs to stay together. Ryan Johansen is becoming a monster before our eyes and it's really fun to watch. Meanwhile Curtis McElhinney is going to make it very difficult for BOB to get his job back once he returns from injury.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On another note, if I purchased a high-priced ticket to a NHL game and ended up sitting behind a piece of plywood... I would either want my money back or demand to be seated somewhere else where I could watch the whole game.

Anyone who had to sit behind that should get a bunch of free tickets.

I would either want my money back or demand to be seated somewhere else where I could watch the whole game.

This is never a problem in Sunrise. Which section would you like to yourself, sir?

Again, not a problem in Sunrise!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

LOL, I didn't realize it was Florida... explains a lot. I'm not one for headhunting in the NHL, but that is one team that needs to be moved. They have already been set up to go to Quebec, they are already in the right division, lol.

http://theahl.com/falcons-blue-jackets-continue-affiliation-p189105

Jackets renewed their affiliation with Springfield for one more season. Boo! I am hoping one of these days the Jackets pair up with the Cyclones. Would make perfect sense to have your AHL team right down the road.

Why are we North American Sum? Is it a quote or reference that I am not getting?

I would either want my money back or demand to be seated somewhere else where I could watch the whole game.

This is never a problem in Sunrise. Which section would you like to yourself, sir?

Again, not a problem in Sunrise!

The free seats are a given, I'd start demanding other freebies too like jerseys etc...

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why are we North American Sum? Is it a quote or reference that I am not getting?

Because it's an American/Canadian league and there's international play this year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stadium Series tickets for the Hawks-Pens game "sold out" as soon as they were made available around 10:02am Central. Sure they did.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Penguins were selling tickets to it a month ago through a secondary site at inflated prices. Season ticketholders got priority on some sort of pre-sale that was yesterday, I guess. The rest, I imagine, are large blocks of tickets designed to be held initially, then sold on the secondary market.

No Ottawa player had "control" of the puck. It is fairly common for the puck to bounce off of a player on a team with a delayed penalty and play continue, no?

Actually, watching the replay (with no sound), it appears that Spezza has control and is attempting to clear it from the crease when he knocks it off of the goalie and into his own net. His touch was a control, and therefore the whistle would be blown.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Cyclones would have to become an AHL team first. I would love it if they did, but there's a lot of roadblocks in the way.

I remember when the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg that there was a lot of rumors going around. Supposively, the Cyclones were talking with that organization about moving up to the AHL and becoming their affiliate. However, I think all the costs detoured them. Maybe, if there was some sort of contract to where the Jackets would own part or a 1/3 of the Cyclones and that the affiliation would be for a set amount of years right off the bat. Too bad the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks were in town when the IHL folded. The Cyclones would have definitely made the jump to the AHL like other teams did (Chicago, Milwaukee, Houston, so on). As much as I like the Cyclones-Walleye rivalry, I think a Cyclones-Monsters one would be better.

But, with the attendance numbers in the ECHL, the only team I could see making the jump to the AHL would be Toledo.

Actually, watching the replay (with no sound), it appears that Spezza has control and is attempting to clear it from the crease when he knocks it off of the goalie and into his own net. His touch was a control, and therefore the whistle would be blown.

I thought it was a whiff that shouldn't count as control, but I used up all of this week's "care" for the Sabres writing that last post. You win.

Archived