2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANOTHER shootout? Christ...

At least we know our goalies drastically over-perform when going to Buffalo, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

Edit: All the way to 10 rounds and we lose, great job guys, maybe next time we can have two wins in a row?

Hey, losing the lead in the final 70 seconds on a goal from Ovechkin and losing a game in a 6-5 shootout decision? I don't think EITHER of those have happened to the Lightning in the five-year span I speak of.

oops. <_<

--

Opposite situations

In that clip, the team who committed the penalty scored the goal

Tonight, the team who was going on the power-play had the goal taken away.

You know, you may be right, but damned I'll be if you're going to find a way to criticize my posting of an extremely low-res video of something that made the Canucks look stupid. :lol:

spacer.png

So at least something's going right.

Ottawa now has points in four of their last five games (2-1-2) which is very respectable when you consider those two OTL's were in a shootout.

Also, we're now just a win out from 9th and just 5 points back from a playoff spot behind the bumbling leafs, and suddenly things aren't looking as bad as they were now.

Panthers couldn't figure out a way to blackmail Broward County into paying for replacement glass on the spot, I guess.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ah, it's not actually plywood, guys. Explanation from Puck Daddy:

"Now, in the arena crew's defence, that actually is a pane of glass, not plywood or cardboard. It's not as though they ran out of glass in Sunrise. The issue is that, after a wrist shot broke the first piece, the crew couldn't get the protective cover off the second piece. So what the Hell, they just left it on, because Florida's gonna Florida."

And they did get the cover off the glass before overtime and the shootout.

View from the other side:

BbLD0J3IgAAdL2W.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Sabres are on pace to score 130 goals this year. The next worst is Florida with 171. I don't think they'll be that bad, but I don't think they'll break 164, something that hasn't happened since the second lockout.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived