2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie Lack should be a new contender for "Most Hockeyish Name"......

Nah, Most Hockeyish Name should be something French, like Guy Carbonneau or Dion Phaneuf or Luc Robitaille.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nah, Most Hockeyish Name should be something French, like Guy Carbonneau or Dion Phaneuf or Luc Robitaille.
Bobby Clarke. Jeez, you guys.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Corey Perry with the goal of the year after bring tripped.

Dekes around de Haan, trips on de Haan, falls to his knees, shoots, off of Hamonic's taint, nothing but net.

What a night for Fowler.

This is easily his best season overall. He's been the Ducks best defenseman. His positional defense and stickwork has been superb. His vision on the ice is matched only by Getzlaf right now. And the offense is finally coming in connection with the defense. First year was a lot of offense but his defensive numbers suffered, second year was a regression, last year was a huge step up in defense but the offense just never clicked.

It's all working for him right now. I think having Scott Niedermayer on staff as an assistant has been a huge boost to his game. Fowler living with Niedermayer in his rookie year was a huge help. It helped him grow quickly. He stagnated a little bit once he moved out and Scott wasn't on the game-side. But right now, he's looking like a young Scott Niedermayer. I don't think Fowler will get to that same level Scotty did, but offensive vision, defensive positioning, skating ability, and flat out confidence... he's looking pretty damn good right now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Bobby Clarke. Jeez, you guys.

Merlin Malinowski FTW

Also, OH HEY WINNIPEG IS GETTING THE HERITAGE CLASSIC IN 2016

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, but if you don't sell it out by this Christmas, they'll take it away!

Actually, Winnipeg has to buy all the tickets for their Heritage Classic AND Glendale's outdoor game... or else the Coyotes get two stadium games.

This masterpiece of a cluste****:

So Buffalo "scored" since Ottawa put it into their own net. 2-1 Sabres, right? Of course not. Apparently Spezza had a high sticking penalty so his putting the puck in the net activated it causing the refs to blow it off without review.

The ref did go out to the centre ice to explain it, and this was his gem of a speech:

"No goal"

Yeah, we know that.

So then the crowd goes nuts and they actually go to Toronto this time and review it for a minute. Then he goes out to centre ice in dramatic fashion once again and says masterfully:

"The call on the ice stands, no goal"

Thanks ref.

The crowd did not share my sympathies.

You would not have known why it was blown off if you were watching the game, the only reason I knew about it was on the goal review blog on NHL.com.

Ah well, I'm happy, but goddammit if this wouldn't be annoying if it happened to your team.

This masterpiece of a cluste****:

So Buffalo "scored" since Ottawa put it into their own net. 2-1 Sabres, right? Of course not. Apparently Spezza had a high sticking penalty so his putting the puck in the net activated it causing the refs to blow it off without review.

The ref did go out to the centre ice to explain it, and this was his gem of a speech:

"No goal"

Yeah, we know that.

So then the crowd goes nuts and they actually go to Toronto this time and review it for a minute. Then he goes out to centre ice in dramatic fashion once again and says masterfully:

"The call on the ice stands, no goal"

Thanks ref.

The crowd did not share my sympathies.

You would not have known why it was blown off if you were watching the game, the only reason I knew about it was on the goal review blog on NHL.com.

Ah well, I'm happy, but goddammit if this wouldn't be annoying if it happened to your team.

Was the goal allowed because it was against the Coyotes? DO I SMELL CONSPIRACY!? :lol:

spacer.png

Archived