2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Ah I was looking at the Ducks schedule. They'll only have played 15 home games this year before Xmas, their second half is going to be home heavy and they're the best home team in the league. Lucky them!

Even better they won't enter the Eastern Time Zone anymore, with Nashville being the farthest they travel East.

I did not know that.

I know we were getting the short end of it with all these long far eastern road trips and played a whole :censored: ton of road games, but that is a fantastic note, the returning to the East thing. Add that in with the undefeated in regulation at home thing (13-0-2), and things look very nice for the second half. Very nice.

---

Also, Jakob Silfverberg scores 3:40 into his return to the lineup after 7 1/2 weeks out with a broken hand. (and I re-added him to my fantasy lineup tonight. Nice.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in what Duck's fans think. Now that we're close to halfway through the season, who won the Silfver for Silver trade?

I can't really say because I haven't been following the Ducks enough to stay close to Silfverberg, but don't take the injury into account yet.

Ah I was looking at the Ducks schedule. They'll only have played 15 home games this year before Xmas, their second half is going to be home heavy and they're the best home team in the league. Lucky them!

Even better they won't enter the Eastern Time Zone anymore, with Nashville being the farthest they travel East.

I did not know that.

I know we were getting the short end of it with all these long far eastern road trips and played a whole :censored: ton of road games, but that is a fantastic note, the returning to the East thing. Add that in with the undefeated in regulation at home thing (13-0-2), and things look very nice for the second half. Very nice.

Yup! Longest road trip is three games, twice. Calgary, Colorado, LA (so really two) and then Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver at the end of March.

Don't blow this Duckies!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm interested in what Duck's fans think. Now that we're close to halfway through the season, who won the Silfver for Silver trade?

I can't really say because I haven't been following the Ducks enough to stay close to Silfverberg, but don't take the injury into account yet.

Early on and I guess in this game so far, he was the key to the secondary scoring. Silfverberg knew where to be and that quick release paid off for him. He's been what the the Ducks needed when it came to that depth. 5+3=8 in 12 games (including tonight vs Detroit).

On the other side, Bobby leads Ottawa in scoring. He's played exactly like I thought he'd play away from Getzlaf and Perry and in the spotlight for the Senators. But he'd still be 3rd in scoring on the Ducks, tied for 2nd in goals/assists. He's been great for Ottawa, but he's been at where he would be with the Ducks, and hell, he might actually have less production if he was on the Ducks.

It's hard to judge with Silfverberg having been injured for such a long time. Bobby has been everything he was supposed to be in Ottawa, so they got what they wanted. Silfverberg has been good in his 12 games, but it's just 12 games. And also the other parts in this deal (Stefan Noeson played two games in the AHL, tore an ACL, and the 1st round pick) haven't been seen of or used. So really we have no idea what the Ducks got with the secondary parts of the deal and if these truly were a loss for the Sens.

So, Bobby has been a win for the Sens. Silfverberg has looked very good for the Ducks, but not enough time to truly tell.

(The other thing for me too, is that the Sens as a team haven't been what they were last year, whereas the Ducks have been that and maybe even a bit more. I don't see Bobby staying once his contract is out, but Silfverberg has a lot more time ahead and upside.)

---

4-1 after one in Detroit? Think the Ducks had some motivation for this one? (That series... ugh...)

Hope this holds. It'll be a lot of fun on 24/7. :D

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Is that Lightning game on the island? I wouldn't be too mad then, because the Lightning never win in that building.

Like I said?

The Lightning have lost five straight at Nassau coming into tonight, and look like they might get shutout by that comically awful defensive unit. As bad as the Islanders might be, the Lightning always lower their game to unimaginable depths on the island.

Nothing to see here, move along.

spacer.png

Both teams won. Ryan wasn't fitting in well anymore, and there was no way he was going to be re-signed in 2015, so the Ducks had to move him. Silfverberg has been great when healthy, and Noesen should be a good one (too bad he's out for the entire year). The first round pick looks real nice right now too. ;)

------------

The Wings look like dog :censored:. Lots of sloppy play and bad goaltending. The Ducks have had like 20 grade A scoring chances.

Archived