LA Panthers

mcrosby

A user here on the boards commissioned me to draw up a few logos for his fantasy team (and eventually adult league team) the LA Panthers.

We decided to start with a logo similar in style to the new Hershey Bears logo, taking some inspiration from the CA state flag.

Picture3_zpse7113521.png

Next, he wanted a Minnesota Wild inspired logo, little more cat, lot more LA. So here comes the skyline and some mountains. This is what we have so far. Please give some C&C, I really like the ideas behind both logos and would love to see them develop.

Picture2_zps9f5b1555.png

It's a really minor nitpick, and an optical illusion I'm sure. But there's something about the black panther head against the black circle (in the primary) that's throwing me off. The head looks bigger than the body. I think it's the ears butting up against the circle. Or maybe that there are two ears?

Like I said, minor minor critique.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

It's a really minor nitpick, and an optical illusion I'm sure. But there's something about the black panther head against the black circle (in the primary) that's throwing me off. The head looks bigger than the body. I think it's the ears butting up against the circle. Or maybe that there are two ears?

Like I said, minor minor critique.

Same here. Something looks off about the head against the black circle. Maybe put the whole panther inside the circle?

spacer.png

Jersey is PERFECT. But that's because I'm the biggest sharks fan out there.

But get rid of the palm trees. Head logo was perfect without it. Seriously, perfect. May just maybe outline the star in orange? You know, since the stars on the walk of fame have a small outline to them? Maybe even put a silhoette record or video player icon in there? but even without it, I think it's a perfect logo.

Everyones spot on with the head being a little awkward on the full logo... but that's if we HAD to nit pick. Solid work dude.

Love the update actually.

I think palm trees look like whiskers, and it differentiate it from the WILD.

Speaking of differentiating with WILD, I would modify the star to make it more unique.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived