Bud Adams dead at 90

PittsburghSucks

Um... Wasn't he the one who destroyed the Oilers legacy by moving them to Tennessee?

He also created the Oilers, so its a push there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a difference a decade makes. Had he died in 2000 or so I feel like people in Houston would have been far less forgiving.

Oh no, they're still bitter, just like many Browns fans even though they got their team back (...kinda).

That's why I only went after the legacy aspect. Texans fans, for the most part, aren't sad at all about Bud Adams dying.

The last time I heard of him was when he got fined for flipping off people after beating the Bills in 2009.

And Texans fans are returning the favor.

bud-adams-fuck-yall-o.gif

(what a great bonus that the person in the foreground has an Oilers hat. That's perfect.)

spacer.png

Now that Bud is dead, I hope his family will give the Texans permission to reinstate THE HOUSTON OILERS!!!

Now that teams like the Winnipeg Jets 2.0 and Charlotte Hornets 2.0 have shown how to return proper names to their respective cities I'd have to agree. Particularly since Texans is one of the most generic names in the NFL.

Archived