NFL Draft 2014

tj4eck

I heard a couple of reports that Teddy Bridgewater is thinking about returning to Louisville next year and I wanted to know how it would affect the mock drafts for this year?

If one projected top 10 pick drops it changes the draft very significantly. Can't blame Teddy. Who'd want to wear those Jaguar uniforms?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a couple of reports that Teddy Bridgewater is thinking about returning to Louisville next year and I wanted to know how it would affect the mock drafts for this year?

If one projected top 10 pick drops it changes the draft very significantly. Can't blame Teddy. Who'd want to wear those Jaguar uniforms?

I'm not sure he'd get past Houston and Minnesota anyways. A lot of people had Bridgewater at #1 to Houston, so if he's off the board, I don't think Manziel should be an option at #1. But then, I don't really like him as an NFL prospect at all. I can only imagine the reaction if Houston took David Carr's younger brother with the top pick.

IUe6Hvh.png

Draft order with 2 weeks to go:

1 = Houston

2 = St. Louis (from WSH) :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 = Jacksonville

4 = Oakland

5 = Cleveland

6 = Atlanta

7 = Tampa Bay

8 = Minnesota

9 = Tennessee

10 = Buffalo/N.Y. Giants COIN FLIP

11 = Buffalo/N.Y. Giants COIN FLIP

12 = Pittsburgh

13 = N.Y. Jets

14 = St. Louis

15 = Detroit

16 = Dallas

17 = San Diego

18 = Green Bay

19 = Miami

20 = Arizona

----------------------

21 = Philadelphia

22 = Chicago

23 = Baltimore

24 = Cincinnati

25 = Cleveland (from IND)

26 = New England

27 = Carolina

28 = San Francisco

29 = New Orleans

30 = Kansas City

31 = Denver

32 = Seattle

Come Falcons, let's lose some games!

24 hours and a win too late. Maybe you should check which day it is.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Come Falcons, let's lose some games!

You had your shot yesterday, against a team that (I guess) wasn't tanking.

Really? It's not tanking if u don't have draft picks to begin with now is it?

1803b96e27fcfdfe1e372e699523bafb3ced2fd0

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I personally don't see Manziel or Bridgewater translating to the NFL very well. Mainly because they rely on their mobility a lot to be effective in the passing game. Don't get me wrong, being mobile is a great attribute...but that advantage is going to take a hit when you face the caliber of DL that the NFL has today.

I've never liked the idea of drafting a QB first anyhow, really. There are very few "sure bets" in that position and it costs a lot.

I like Blake Bortles and AJ McCarron more than any QB getting the draft attention right now. Before his injury, I may would have even put Aaron Murray up there as well. They just seem like QBs who will thrive in the NFL with their skillset.

I called Alshon Jeffery as the biggest steal of last year's draft (I'd never seen hands and field presence at WR like his before). Still contemplating who that may be for this years.

Of course I was hoping Tampa Bay would continue to suck and grab Clowney- and after Sunday, it looks more and more possible (projected 3rd pick). Games left against the Rams and Saints may help that cause.

Draft order with 2 weeks to go:

1 = Houston

2 = St. Louis (from WSH) :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 = Jacksonville

4 = Oakland

5 = Cleveland

6 = Atlanta

7 = Tampa Bay

8 = Minnesota

9 = Tennessee

10 = Buffalo/N.Y. Giants COIN FLIP

11 = Buffalo/N.Y. Giants COIN FLIP

12 = Pittsburgh

13 = N.Y. Jets

14 = St. Louis

15 = Detroit

16 = Dallas

17 = San Diego

18 = Green Bay

19 = Miami

20 = Arizona

----------------------

21 = Philadelphia

22 = Chicago

23 = Baltimore

24 = Cincinnati

25 = Cleveland (from IND)

26 = New England

27 = Carolina

28 = San Francisco

29 = New Orleans

30 = Kansas City

31 = Denver

32 = Seattle

Kiper has the list looking a bit differently. Notably 3-7 from your list:

3. Tampa Bay

4. Cleveland

5. Atlanta

6. Jacksonville

7. Oakland

SOS factored in to breakup those 4-10 teams.

I personally don't see Manziel or Bridgewater translating to the NFL very well. Mainly because they rely on their mobility a lot to be effective in the passing game. Don't get me wrong, being mobile is a great attribute...but that advantage is going to take a hit when you face the caliber of DL that the NFL has today.

I've never liked the idea of drafting a QB first anyhow, really. There are very few "sure bets" in that position and it costs a lot.

I like Blake Bortles and AJ McCarron more than any QB getting the draft attention right now. Before his injury, I may would have even put Aaron Murray up there as well. They just seem like QBs who will thrive in the NFL with their skillset.

I called Alshon Jeffery as the biggest steal of last year's draft (I'd never seen hands and field presence at WR like his before). Still contemplating who that may be for this years.

Of course I was hoping Tampa Bay would continue to suck and grab Clowney- and after Sunday, it looks more and more possible (projected 3rd pick). Games left against the Rams and Saints may help that cause.

Umm, I don't think Bridgewater is the type of QB that would run out of the pocket consistently. I mean, he can use his mobility within the pocket but he would much rather stay in the pocket than someone like Johnny Manziel to prevent injury. I think I agree with you about Blake Bortles and AJ McCarron especially the former because he has shown many flashes of brilliance especially against Louisville and Temple (on the comeback). Blake has the skill set that will make him thrive in the NFL.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Teddy Bridgewater is another Tim Couch or Akili Smith...products of their systems and will never amount to anything in the NFL. Manziel is another Tim Tebow IMO.

Says the butt-hurt UK fan. Teddy has shown time and time again why he is the best QB prospect in the draft. His arm is great and he can throw the football with precision and also not to mention his durability (playing with a broken wrist and sore ankle against Rutgers last year) makes him special. But the thing that sets Teddy apart from Johnny Manziel is his football IQ and the way he analyzes the defense makes him a star at Louisville. Couch and Smith both played in the air raid systems in college and those inflated their stats. Teddy has played in a pro-style offense that is oriented on running the football and is used by most NFL teams while putting up excellent numbers (28 TD's and 4 INT's in 2013). For him to put up the type of numbers while playing in that offensive style makes him a sure-fire #1 pick in the draft. With the way that the NFL teams are using the spread, Teddy could be even better as he has more opportunities to throw the football. To me, I compare him to Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers.

I wouldn't consider Bridgewater a mobile quarterback, or at least one that depends on his mobility (i.e. Michael Vick, Tim Tebow) I agree with RaysFan he is an accurate QB that really made his team alot better than it should've (look at Louisville's roster and TELL ME that they look like an 11-1 team). But still, Bridgewater could flop for all I know. I'm no good at guessing how good QB's will project in the NFL. I thought Cam Newton was a surefire bust.

But I wouldn't gage anything on the 2 posts above, they're both very biased.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Teddy Bridgewater is another Tim Couch or Akili Smith...products of their systems and will never amount to anything in the NFL. Manziel is another Tim Tebow IMO.

Says the butt-hurt UK fan. Teddy has shown time and time again why he is the best QB prospect in the draft. His arm is great and he can throw the football with precision and also not to mention his durability (playing with a broken wrist and sore ankle against Rutgers last year) makes him special. But the thing that sets Teddy apart from Johnny Manziel is his football IQ and the way he analyzes the defense makes him a star at Louisville. Couch and Smith both played in the air raid systems in college and those inflated their stats. Teddy has played in a pro-style offense that is oriented on running the football and is used by most NFL teams while putting up excellent numbers (28 TD's and 4 INT's in 2013). For him to put up the type of numbers while playing in that offensive style makes him a sure-fire #1 pick in the draft. With the way that the NFL teams are using the spread, Teddy could be even better as he has more opportunities to throw the football. To me, I compare him to Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers.

Let's not get carried away now, amigo.

Where you cite a favorable system for the previously mentioned QBs, I'm going to cite a horrible conference and a lack of elite competition for Bridgewater. The MAC could compete with most of the teams in the AAC.

Where you cite a favorable system for the previously mentioned QBs, I'm going to cite a horrible conference and a lack of elite competition for Bridgewater. The MAC could compete with most of the teams in the AAC.

I understand where you're coming from but think about Colin Kirkpatrick or Joe Flacco. They didn't face very much elite competition (Colin did face Boise State though) and both of them became really good players in the NFL. What matters is that they have good physical talent and have good teammates and/or coaches to help them fit in the NFL.

I understand where you're coming from but think about Colin Kirkpatrick or Joe Flacco. They didn't face very much elite competition (Colin did face Boise State though) and both of them became really good players in the NFL. What matters is that they have good physical talent and have good teammates and/or coaches to help them fit in the NFL.
And if I were building a franchise (which is basically where Houston will be, pending Foster's health), I'd pick neither of them to lead a team. They rely very heavily on their supporting casts, unlike Rodgers and Luck, whom you mentioned. Sure, Bridgewater may do okay in the NFL, but to me, translating to the next level as a #1 pick means he needs to be a hell of a lot more than a game manager.

For every Colin Kaepernick, there's 15 Kellen Moores. College success does not a good NFL make.

Archived