2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erik Decker is a Jet as of last night.

Steve Smith has reportedly been released and could be replaced by Hakeem Nicks in Carolina (last part was speculation from Schefter on SportsCenter)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Yeah, it was merely chance that he ended up in New England, Tampa can't do anything about that. But as a fan it just baffles me that the Bucs really just lost another one to the Pats. Really? ANOTHER one? That basically wraps up an offseason which has already been quite a kick in the nuts.

This is basically the definition of the Bucs Pats relationship in the past decade.

1545236_655750501114386_140573007_n.jpg

I do like the Johnson and Verner signings, though. The Josh McCown signing confuses me a little bit (and horrifies me that we may do something stupid like draft Johnny Manziel), but we already failed with his little brother so why the hell not, right?

It looks like were basically gonna start off as Bears-Light this season. That does NOT sound fun.

I mean, I won't disagree with a lot of this; I'm not a huge fan of buying high on McCown when he clearly was the beneficiary of a good luck-laden stretch throwing to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. At the same rate, at least this means that the horrifying Mike Glennon experiment is going to be nuked. I really hated the idea of Glennon being thought of as being the future of the organization at QB; the guy is horrible and Schiano basically spent the entire 2013 offseason undermining Josh Freeman in order to get Glennon under center. Schiano has to be in the running for the top 5/10 worst head coaches in the history of the NFL; what an absolute clown.

What's obviously going to hurt worse are the uniforms. I'm trying to forget about those things as long as I can; eventually my retinas will begin burning watching the Bucs for reasons not limited to the quality of football that they are putting out there.

spacer.png

So apparently the Broncos targeted Revis after DRC turned down a 6 year, $54 million contract. First off, what on earth was DRC thinking to turn that down? Talk about overplaying your hand. Revis wouldn't come off of his demand for $12 million per year so they went after Talib. So Revis is not cheaper at any point in Talibs contract as one member suggested. Talib is about $9 million annual average and he will only get $12 million the first year if he plays in every game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/before-landing-talib-broncos-made-a-run-at-revis/

Also, Revis' contract isn't a one year deal worth $12 million, it's a two year deal worth $32 million, but the second year likely won't happen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/revis-gets-12-million-this-year-20-million-or-free-agency-next-year/

So why didn't Verner get more money? The Bucs did awesome with that one!

IUe6Hvh.png

DRC legit turned down 6/$54M? My God, that dude is completely nuts, and the Broncos dodged a major bullet on that one because Talib is a much better CB than DRC. Unbelievable.

Watching him last year, he was good-ish but he certainly wasn't worth anywhere near elite CB money -- he got burned an awful lot for someone for asking for that money. Even the 4 years, $26 million that Verner got would've been too much for DRC, in my opinion. Huge bullet dodged there. I was hoping he'd still be an option to play opposite of Talib but that was when I thought he'd be affordable.

Losing Wilfork for NE would be huge and would just about negate the huge signing they made with Revis last year. Then again, given his size, his age, and the achilles injury he's coming off of, his cap number is way to high to justify paying him. But he's so important to that defense.

IUe6Hvh.png

Bears with another good signing in Willie Young. I was surprised they got him but it definitely makes the pass rush far superior to the garbage they had last year, at least in terms of versatility, consistency, and depth.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

DRC legit turned down 6/$54M? My God, that dude is completely nuts, and the Broncos dodged a major bullet on that one because Talib is a much better CB than DRC. Unbelievable.

Eh, it's more complicated than that.

Brandon Spanno is a radio personality for Denver. If you ever have the time, Google his behind the scenes chronicles of how the Broncos landed Peyton Manning. Very interesting read at what goes into recruiting a high profile free agent.

Anyways, on his radio show last night, Spano said DRC was en route to Dove Valley to sign the deal when he got a flat. While waiting for DRC, Talib's agent reached out to the Broncos and told them Talib was interested in joining Denver. Spano said Elway ultimately determined Talib was the better player, reached out to Welker to see if there was still bad blood between the two, Welker gave his blessing and the rest is history

This seems to be validated because just as the news broke that the Broncos signed Talib, DRC tweeted "dizzam"

Interesting behind the scenes look. Broncos landed Talib because of a flat tire.

Could you post a link? Because I highly doubt Revis was passed on because his tire was flat. Couldn't he just call Elway up? Or better yet, from a guy who made a :censored: tonne of money, fly to Dove Valley? And your credibility isn't exactly top notch.

I'd look it up for myself, but I wouldn't know where to look.

Could you post a link? Because I highly doubt Revis was passed on because his tire was flat. Couldn't he just call Elway up? Or better yet, from a guy who made a :censored: tonne of money, fly to Dove Valley? And your credibility isn't exactly top notch.

You don't understand how TheSoundofThrowingPennies works; we're supposed to take his word for it. Just like how he said there was a riff between Tom Brady and the Patriots front office. Links and sources aren't as good as his word.

In other news, Richard Seymour, Deion Branch, David Patton, David Givens, Brandon Meriweather et al. would like to welcome Vince Wilfork into the Post Patriots Obscurity Club.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

He's saying DRC was passed on because he got a flat tire. Revis was passed on because he wanted too much money. The idea being that the extra time it took DRC to get to Dove Valley allowed for Talib's agent to call the Broncos and express interest.

If that's true, that is insane. And also insanely lucky for the Broncos. I have my doubts, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Trust me, I know how he works. I was being polite. I'd also like to see him try and justify Revis getting a flat tire the reason that he's a Patriot. :P

Again, he NEVER SAID Revis got a flat tire. Broncos passed on Revis because of price. Rodgers-Cromartie got a flat. Which seems to check out according to Vic Lombardi, a Denver sports personalities twitter account. At some point on March 11 he retweeted from @drc941 (presumably Rodgers-Cromartie) who tweeted "Damn tire went flat, smh!!!!"

Whether or not that's the entire reason Talib ended up with Denver... who knows outside of the Broncos, Talib's people, and DRC? But what Pennies posted does have at least some truth to it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Trust me, I know how he works. I was being polite. I'd also like to see him try and justify Revis getting a flat tire the reason that he's a Patriot. :P

Again, he NEVER SAID Revis got a flat tire. Broncos passed on Revis because of price. Rodgers-Cromartie got a flat. Which seems to check out according to Vic Lombardi, a Denver sports personalities twitter account. At some point on March 11 @drc941 (presumably Rodgers-Cromartie) tweeted "Damn tire went flat, smh!!!!"

Whether or not that's the entire reason Talib ended up with Denver... who knows outside of the Broncos, Talib's people, and DRC? But what Pennies posted does have at least some truth to it.

I think he's trying to say that Talib signing in Denver led to Revis signing in New England.

Archived