2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are conflicting reports that Browner has signed a 2-year deal with the Pats.

Which comes with a four-game suspension for substance-abuse violations.

So, if this happens, we won't see him on-field until Week 5.

Which, in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge deal since New England is a lock for the playoffs considering how weak their division always is. I'm curious to see how this plays out. Part of me would want Browner in Denver but I can't help but think the reat of that Seattle defense made him look a lot better than he might actually be.

In a theme of the day, Wesley Woodyard inks with Tennessee for...4/$16M.

I hope for the Titans sake they plan on moving him outside because he was pretty bad in the middle with Denver. So bad that he went from being the "heart and soul" of Denver's defense to being benched for a 36 year old Paris Lenon at MLB. Looking into it real quick, it seems like he's going to be a backup, getting about 50% of the snaps and playing special teams.

Woodyard will probably play ILB in Tennessee with Zack Brown, because they are switching to a 3-4 (they will probably have Akeem Ayers and either Kamerion Wimbley or a rookie at OLB).

And, since they are doing that, I wonder if Denver will look into trading for Colin McCarthy to be their MLB (if he's worth it).

Steve Smith to the ravens and nicks to the colts. is the hester thing true?? that would be interesting to see him in that offence, but we should be focusing on eddleman...

edid: well getting browner is ok, at least we are getting some defensive players. and getting depth on that side of the ball.

I thought you were talking about Revis. My mistake.

As for this podcast, why not just post where you found it?

It wasn't a podcast. It was a Denver radio station. I don't think Brandon has a podcast. My best guess is that around training camp, he'll do a write up of everything. That's how he did with Manning.

Surely a big story like that will warrant a clip put on the Denver radio station's website, or some sort of AP attention. Why not find it and post it instead of just making things up? I can only imagine your bibliography section on your papers in school...

Geez, I didn't realize I was writing a paper here. It's a very small station in parts of Denver called Mile High Sports. They don't have a big budget, they don't have podcasts, and they don't have clips on their site.

How the hell could I make up a story like that? Why the hell would I want to? What could I possibly gain?

I guess that the Patriots will once again be ESPN's champions. Revis is a great acquisition but Browner is ehh. He was a product of the system and will probably be next to useless for at least 6 or 7 weeks.

I guess that the Patriots will once again be ESPN's champions. Revis is a great acquisition but Browner is ehh. He was a product of the system and will probably be next to useless for at least 6 or 7 weeks.

My thoughts on Browner are the same. I think he was lucky being in that system, with such great safeties over the top and Richard Sherman playing on the opposite side of the field. Seattle didn't appear to have any issues replacing him.

IUe6Hvh.png

My thoughts on Browner are the same. I think he was lucky being in that system, with such great safeties over the top and Richard Sherman playing on the opposite side of the field. Seattle didn't appear to have any issues replacing him.

I remember that he started in Denver and wasn't good enough to make it onto a team that featured Champ Bailey and, well, nobody (after Darrent was killed). Foxworth, Paymah, really, wow, and he couldn't break through. Actually, he was a safety then and couldn't get ahead of whoever Denver put there next to Lynch. Wow that was bad. Glad to have Ward & Moore back there now.

I remember that he started in Denver and wasn't good enough to make it onto a team that featured Champ Bailey and, well, nobody (after Darrent was killed). Foxworth, Paymah, really, wow, and he couldn't break through. Actually, he was a safety then and couldn't get ahead of whoever Denver put there next to Lynch. Wow that was bad. Glad to have Ward & Moore back there now.

I know that he was a Bronco but don't actually remember him as one.

I think he'll be fine opposite of Revis, but I'm glad the Broncos didn't pursue him. I'd rather them take their chances in the draft or on the secondary market.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Curious Saga of Rodger Saffold

"All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle. All these squares make a circle."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know that he was a Bronco but don't actually remember him as one.

I think he'll be fine opposite of Revis, but I'm glad the Broncos didn't pursue him. I'd rather them take their chances in the draft or on the secondary market.

With the money they are paying him, I'd be stunned if they aren't playing him at Safety or even a hybrid ilb a la Kam Chancellor.

ESPN is reporting that Julius Peppers is now a Packer after signing a 3-year deal

Also, don't recall anyone posting this, but Marvin Lewis has signed a 1-year extension to stay in Cincy through 2015. Just one more year they'll choke in the playoffs :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

ESPN is reporting that Julius Peppers is now a Packer after signing a 3-year deal

Also, don't recall anyone posting this, but Marvin Lewis has signed a 1-year extension to stay in Cincy through 2015. Just one more year they'll choke in the playoffs :P

The Peppers/Packers deal is too long and for too much money but reports are that it's insanely incentive-laden since Peppers decided to take last year off.

I have no idea how they'll use him in a 3-4, I'm assuming at linebacker. Then again I don't really care since I don't like Peppers and I hate the Packers. I hope he dogs it like he usually did so that the fine people of Green Bay can realize why the Bears were eager to dump him (besides the obvious financial incentive).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A 1-year extension for a coach on the last year of his deal is standard protocol and doesn't mean a thing. All it means is that there is a pretty good chance he's not around after 2014, but know that he can't control a team as a lame duck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think Andy Dalton plays a big role in choking. Lewis doesn't play for them, he's not throwing those terrible throws Dalton makes against Houston and San Diego. So, really, it's probably going to be 15 years without a playoff win.

However, I'll say it here: I think the Browns are making the playoffs in the worst division in football this year. And I hate all four teams in the AFC North pretty equally, so I'm unbiased.

The Peppers/Packers deal is too long and for too much money but reports are that it's insanely incentive-laden since Peppers decided to take last year off.

I have no idea how they'll use him in a 3-4, I'm assuming at linebacker. Then again I don't really care since I don't like Peppers and I hate the Packers. I hope he dogs it like he usually did so that the fine people of Green Bay can realize why the Bears were eager to dump him (besides the obvious financial incentive).

I just don't really get why the Packers would go after Peppers, but oh well. He doesn't really seem like he fits in a 3-4, but apparently part of the reason he left Carolina was because they played a 4-3 (then went to the Bears so I don't know how much he really wanted that 3-4). I thought he would play mostly DE considering he played a little tackle with the Bears when they didn't have any and he seems too big/not fast enough to play linebacker. One article I read said they'll be moving him around a lot. But yeah, not too worried about seeing Peppers in Green Bay.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived