2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

In no way was he better than Foles as a rookie. Foles wasn't Peyton Manning (though his stats suggest otherwise) but he was damn good. I wouldn't write out Glennon either, but Foles was better. Even if he's not the guy for Kelly.

I didn't say he was better than Foles was last year. I said I thought he was better than Foles when Foles was a rookie... which was not last year. Now granted, I didn't see that much of Foles as a rookie, but I did see his first game against Washington, which was pretty bad. Besides, my point was that I'm sure Foles didn't look like all that attractive of an option after his first season and dumping a QB after their first season can be pretty foolish. And again, you have to account for the situation Glennon was in.

Foles only became the starter in week 11 (I think) of his first season, and only started 5 games. If this was MLB, last season would have been considered his rookie year. The game you are referring to was his first career start.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCown is the starting QB now, not Glennon.

Regardless of that, Glennon was not as good as a lot of non-buc fans say. Yeah, he became a starter in a shaky season. And yeah, he didn't play terrible. But I watched pretty much every throw he made last year, and he is nowhere near good enough to be a legitimate starter in the NFL. If McCown can play as well as he did with Chicago, I think the Bucs will be in a solid position. We've always been a team that has been able to make solid runs without amazing QB play, Brad Johnson, Shaun King, Jeff Garcia to name a few. I think that the Bucs will still end up drafting a Taj Boyd or a McCarron though. Could be a similar situation to when Seattle replaced Matthew Hasselback and had 3 guys come in and compete. Worked out for them well.

The Mark Sanchez Jets era has officially ended. The Michael Vick Jets era has officially begun.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So now we get to watch the Gino Smith/Mike Vick QB controversy.

It gets better, as Vick wants Smith's #7.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Regardless of that, Glennon was not as good as a lot of non-buc fans say. Yeah, he became a starter in a shaky season. And yeah, he didn't play terrible. But I watched pretty much every throw he made last year, and he is nowhere near good enough to be a legitimate starter in the NFL. If McCown can play as well as he did with Chicago, I think the Bucs will be in a solid position. We've always been a team that has been able to make solid runs without amazing QB play, Brad Johnson, Shaun King, Jeff Garcia to name a few. I think that the Bucs will still end up drafting a Taj Boyd or a McCarron though. Could be a similar situation to when Seattle replaced Matthew Hasselback and had 3 guys come in and compete. Worked out for them well.

It needs to be pointed out that McCown's season last year is completely anomalous with the rest of his career, and that a 244 pass attempt sample size when he had Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery should not be expected to be replicated in any form this upcoming season, even if Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams aren't exactly chopped liver as a 1/2 WR pairing themselves.

spacer.png

Source?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Source?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/michael_vick_reportedly_wants_geno_smiths_no_7_if_he_comes_to_jets_ridiculous.html#incart_m-rpt-1

twitter

It needs to be pointed out that McCown's season last year is completely anomalous with the rest of his career, and that a 244 pass attempt sample size when he had Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery should not be expected to be replicated in any form this upcoming season, even if Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams aren't exactly chopped liver as a 1/2 WR pairing themselves.

You never know what to expect from QBs. How many QBs have emerged out of now where late in their career. Nobody expected Josh to do what he did last year statistically wise. Who knows what Josh McCown we will see.

You never know what to expect from QBs. How many QBs have emerged out of now where late in their career. Nobody expected Josh to do what he did last year statistically wise. Who knows what Josh McCown we will see.

But outside of Garcia and Griese, QBs who sign with Tampa do not do very well. Then again, they have never kept a QB to a second contract.

Source?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/michael_vick_reportedly_wants_geno_smiths_no_7_if_he_comes_to_jets_ridiculous.html#incart_m-rpt-1

If that's true it's likely due to his business ventures or clothing line which are tied in to the number. He may not be in a position to get it, but I can see why he would want it. I think athletes linking their numbers to everything is stupid in this era where players move around all the time.

But outside of Garcia and Griese, QBs who sign with Tampa do not do very well. Then again, they have never kept a QB to a second contract.

As a fan of another team in the NFC South, I'm counting on the Bucs to become the "Bearcaneers" under Lovie - good defense, inadequate offense.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

As a fan of another team in the NFC South, I'm counting on the Bucs to become the "Bearcaneers" under Lovie - good defense, inadequate offense.

That Bearcaneer defense your hoping for got The Beara into a Super Bowl with Rex grossman.

The Eagles are trying to give Deshawn Jackson away. Word on the street is they'll take a 3rd for him. He has a big cap number, but the eagles are fine on that front, so he must just be that big a pain in the butt. Worse receivers than him have been traded for 1sts.

Archived