2014 NFL Offseason

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Peppers signing. Needs to make up for those three years in Chicago, but playing for the Bears will do that to anyone.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ssNhYn8.gif

But seriously, the guy is bad. Enjoy 3-ish years of wondering where #90 is on gameday.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Emmanuel Sanders likely heading to Denver although Adam Schefter's Facebook makes it sound like a done deal. He, in the same update, said Brandon LaFell will be a Patriot (which he said is a three year deal).

I'm curious of the dollar amount for Sanders -- he wanted money like what Golden Tate got but teams were scared off by a screw in each foot stemming from a past injury. I would think he had to have gotten less than they would've been able to keep Decker for. He is a great replacement for Decker if he can stay healthy, which he's done the past two seasons.

By the way, Elway is quite the closer when it comes to free agents. I'm pretty sure Sanders hasn't even visited Denver yet and just spent two days with the Chiefs, where his agent allegedly verbally agreed to a deal, which has some of the league execs involved crying foul on the part of Sanders agent. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334409/article/executives-crying-foul-over-emmanuel-sanders-deal

IUe6Hvh.png

I'd be really curious to give truth serum to some of the top free agents of the past few years (the ones that had multiple teams competing for them, not guys that only had one or two options) and ask them if the thought of playing in a clownish uniform influenced their decision at all. Don't get me wrong - if I'm a pro player, the uniform is pretty low on the list, behind money (obv), stability of team / commitment to winning, desireability of city, etc. But all other things being equal, if it comes down to Tampa and say the Panthers, the Tampa uniforms would negate the need for a coin flip.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd be really curious to give truth serum to some of the top free agents of the past few years (the ones that had multiple teams competing for them, not guys that only had one or two options) and ask them if the thought of playing in a clownish uniform influenced their decision at all. Don't get me wrong - if I'm a pro player, the uniform is pretty low on the list, behind money (obv), stability of team / commitment to winning, desireability of city, etc. But all other things being equal, if it comes down to Tampa and say the Panthers, the Tampa uniforms would negate the need for a coin flip.

To be honest, I'm sure a lot of these athletes like the new Bucs uniform.

To be honest, I'm sure a lot of these athletes like the new Bucs uniform.

I would guess that most would have BBVT's mindset that money, team likelyhood of success, coaching staff, opportunity for playing time, and city all rank ahead of uniforms...

After that, weird uniforms like Tampa, Seattle, and Jacksonville probably turn some players off and turn some on (so it's probably a push). All that probably means the impact of the uniforms is negligable...probably less than college (which I happen to think is pretty minor).

So I am totally with BBVT...If the Bucs situation felt right for the more important reasons, I'd go there, but if the Tampa and, say, Houston decisions seemed otherwise equal, the uniform tiebreaker may send me to Houston.AN

And I would be curious to see whether the "truth serum" would get one or two of 'em to say "I didn't go there because of the clown suits" or "I chose it in part because the uniforms are kewl."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Florida, Texas and Washington have a natural advantage over other states because there's no state income tax. You see way more players head to Houston, Dallas, Miami and Tampa than you do Seattle, but I bet that's in part because so much of the NFL is from Florida and Texas.

But that's also to say that there are several reasons for various players to go to various places.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The biggest thing for me is the management and teammates. I need to be with smart, level-headed management and players. If they don't play very well, I wouldn't mind being part of a team who starts from the bottom of the pack and becomes a dynasty, and even if we didn't, I would only know that in hindsight. If people are judging me personally when I'm in those uniforms, then I'm probably making a lot of money and my game is so good, they have to resort to hating on what I'm required to wear, and if I'm not making a lot of money, then they don't see me. :P

My only concern with Emmanuel Sanders lies in the fact that it seems like Pittsburgh WR's that leave town are about as successful as Braves SP'ers that leave town. It's a reasonable contract for someone who can certainly thrive in a high-proficiency offense.

Sanders will likely be the #4 option behind Thomas, Caldwell (replacing Decker), and Welker. As a Broncos fan, I'm not expecting much from him. Another thing people haven't really mentioned is Sanders was probably signed primarily to replace Holliday.

My only concern with Emmanuel Sanders lies in the fact that it seems like Pittsburgh WR's that leave town are about as successful as Braves SP'ers that leave town. It's a reasonable contract for someone who can certainly thrive in a high-proficiency offense.

There is a huge controversy surrounding that. Sanders was supposed to sign with Kansas City, but he and his agent colluded and he signed with Denver. They also broke off a meeting with San Francisco, causing both parties (KC and SF) to be fuming with anger.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I'm curious as to what the Panthers are going to do, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Their top three WR's are gone (Steve Smith, LaFell, Ginn), and their top two RB's (DeAngelo Williams and Stewart) are aging and breaking down. Basically, other than Cam, their top threats are a TE and a fullback/goalline RB (Olsen and Tolbert).

How many have there been? The jury is still out on Mike Wallace as, even though his yardage and touchdowns were down, last season was still a career-high for him in receptions

The only ones I can think of have been Antwaan Randle'el, Plaxico Burress, Nate Washington, and Santonio Holmes. Looking into it real quick, Randle'el had his most productive seasons in Washington, Plaxico's first three years in New York were very comparable to his time in Pittsburgh, Nate Washington has been better in Tennessee, and Santonio Holmes, outside of having had one year where his production in Pittsburgh spiked with 79 catches, he was the same ~50 catch WR in New York as he was in Pittsburgh.

Sanders will likely be the #4 option behind Thomas, Caldwell (replacing Decker), and Welker. As a Broncos fan, I'm not expecting much from him. Another thing people haven't really mentioned is Sanders was probably signed primarily to replace Holliday.

I disagree with this. I will be shocked and disappointed if Emmanuel Sanders doesn't directly replace Decker, and I presume they also see him as a possible replacement to Welker in the slot eventually. They're not signing a guy who just had a 67 catch season to play very sparingly and considering how many teams were interested, I highly doubt Sanders would have chosen Denver over his other potential suitors if he wasn't expected to be a starter in the Broncos 11 sets, particularly given that New England also targeted him.

Caldwell last season played very sparingly and had only ten targets through the first 14 weeks and only started getting more playing time/targets once Welker got shut down for the rest of the regular season. Unless him and Peyton simply don't mesh for some reason, there's no way they brought Sanders in to play that role.

I'll also add that he didn't return any punts or kickoffs last year and really hasn't done it all that often through his career.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm curious as to what the Panthers are going to do, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Their top three WR's are gone (Steve Smith, LaFell, Ginn), and their top two RB's (DeAngelo Williams and Stewart) are aging and breaking down. Basically, other than Cam, their top threats are a TE and a fullback/goalline RB (Olsen and Tolbert).

You and me both. Picking 28th, there's no way a Sammy Watkins or Brandin Cooks slips down there. Now, last year, they did draft Kenjon Barner, but his size is a concern. I can only hope they can throw any money they have left(which is none) at a free agent that somehow hasn't signed yet.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Boy the chiefs have done almost nothing in free agency except lose big time players.

At least they aren't doing what the Cowboys are doing. We lost our entire defensive line. I'm not looking forward to this season.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived