North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of, I think Erick "Cubo" Torres is my favorite player in MLS to watch. He scores constantly, and looks equal parts child-like and childish after each goal. I'm glad he made this year's All-Star team

Here's a video of his first ten MLS goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTL6en9mSs8

And here's his dumb robot celebration:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There'll be a good chance to see how many people show up again tomorrow vs Rangers, but it really hasn't been broadcasted well to non soccer fans. Should be at least several thousand in the seats.

Man....in the past half hour my twitter has exploded.

Looks like 1 of 2 things is going to happen:

1) TFC is going to sign DaMarcus Beasley and trade away Gilberto (which would be fine by me)

2) TFC is going to trade the top allocation pick to Houston so that Houston can sign Beasley.

Assuming TFC doesn't just give away that pick (Houston current sits at 14th) this is looking optimistic for TFC. If they choose to trade the pick they can get some depth in the squad (I assume they'll ask for money and/or maybe a player), if they end up with Beasley it's a huge boost to the back-line, even if it is looking better than it ever has.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It's looking like tfc have traded the allocation spot to Houston. We really don't need Beasley as Morrow and Bloom/hagglund have been more than adequate for us. If we could get Boniek Garcia for that allocation spot I wouldn't complain, since our weakness right now is wing play.

1zqy8ok.gif

Which is why I'm still pissed they traded Issey. But I won't start with that rant.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Which is why I'm still pissed they traded Issey. But I won't start with that rant.

I was upset at first, but Warner is making me forget every time he plays. It would be nice to still have Issey but Warner is a better player. Should we get a winger in this deal, I think we have a playoff team.

1zqy8ok.gif

I agree, Warner has played better.

But Montreal isn't using Issey and he's one of my favorite Canadians.....but again...I won't start that rant and I'll admit that it's favoritism on my part too.

I think, barring too many injury issues, this is already a playoff team. Shoring up the issue on the wing could make this team have a good run at it all (though Seattle it's tough to beat up to Seattle this year)

I get wanting to play Canadians. However with the past ineptitude of the TFC front office I'm at the point where I just want players who can win. Perhaps in the future when TFC has had a sustained run of successful seasons we can push to have a mostly Canadian lineup, but at the time I'd rather a lineup full of foreigners who can win over an all-Canadian last place team.

It could be worse though. We could be Montreal and have a last place team full of foreigners ;)

1zqy8ok.gif

It continues....

Sounds like it will be Warren Creavalle coming to Toronto.

I get wanting to play Canadians. However with the past ineptitude of the TFC front office I'm at the point where I just want players who can win. Perhaps in the future when TFC has had a sustained run of successful seasons we can push to have a mostly Canadian lineup, but at the time I'd rather a lineup full of foreigners who can win over an all-Canadian last place team.

It could be worse though. We could be Montreal and have a last place team full of foreigners ;)

I understand that feeling.

That said if TFC isn't helping develop Canadians then what is the mandate? Just to win championships? They haven't done that at all. And if they say "you know what? That's all we want, we don't care to help develop Canadian Internationals" then

A) why build TFC academy?

and B) I'd actually be fine with that. But be honest about it.

Anyways, that's another conversation for another day.

you and me both Breakwood.

It appears DaMarcus Beasley will sign a DP contract with Houston. I guess he's worth it for them.

Also, Orlando seems to be getting closer to securing Robinho's transfer.

So will he be a middie or a defender?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So Beasley's going through allocation? I thought DPs were exempt from allocation? :rolleyes:

I think it's up to MLS to decide whether or not the player is important enough to warrant a bypassing of the allocation system. That typically happens to guys like Dempsey and Bradley.

It appears DaMarcus Beasley will sign a DP contract with Houston. I guess he's worth it for them.

Also, Orlando seems to be getting closer to securing Robinho's transfer.

So will he be a middie or a defender?

I have read that Beasley might play on the left side of Houston's diamond.

Archived