If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

Mexico's helmet logo looks like something leading the Chinese New Year's parade or something. I don't think "Mexico" when I see that. Did you create it or is it something Mexico actually uses?

Something also seems wrong about France, though I'm not sure what it is. I think it's one of these things:

1. The lack of any yellow on the sets besides the logo. There needs to be more on the Pants/Jerseys.

2. Piggybacking off of that, eliminate the second blue. Just go with the blue on the flag, and make a gold set for the second.

3. The number font seems off about it too. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems more medieval rather than French. Maybe Oregon State's font would help (then again, it might just be b/c I really like that font :P )

Mexico has that logo on there helmets.

Russia should be up by Thursday, as will a France update

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the striping for Russia, but that helmet logo is throwing me off. I'm not feeling the solid box-out of the design. Feels like it was just placed there with no other intentions.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I would suggest the gaelic rooster as a symbol for Francen, since it's a symbol worn by every France National Team in most sports.

In Association Football: http://www.123-stickers.com/5920-6282-thickbox/Array.jpg

In Rugby: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8c/France_Rugby_Logo.svg/247px-France_Rugby_Logo.svg.png

Even in the current American Football Team: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/d/d6/Logo_F%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration_Fran%C3%A7aise_de_Football_Am%C3%A9ricain_2013.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

On Russia's helmet, couldn't you have the wings instead? Yeah, you can't put them on like the Eagles helmets but it would be different and recognizable?

Naoned Pride, the Federation logos aren't allowed so they'd have to use a stylized version. I believe in the previous pic of the France-Sweden game, they just have a big block F on their helmets.

The Olympics start tonight!!!!!! and I still haven't finished....

Russia:

On Russia's helmet, couldn't you have the wings instead? Yeah, you can't put them on like the Eagles helmets but it would be different and recognizable?

Naoned Pride, the Federation logos aren't allowed so they'd have to use a stylized version. I believe in the previous pic of the France-Sweden game, they just have a big block F on their helmets.

I might try that but for now I took the background shield off. Also added a pants patch which I forgot.

12372769135_2f17fbb991_o.png

France:

changed the number font. Minor tweaks here and there.

12373232324_3d1b04c8f7_o.png

Take the shield off the pants logo, remove the gradients, shoulder stripe kind of looks like Austria (I think that's Austria), you should probably do something about that. I like the winged helmet idea.

Sorry I didn't give feedback, I had to take a second look to see most of the things I had just found, except for the winged helmet, which was already suggested. These are pretty solid, though.

Russia:

I might try that but for now I took the background shield off. Also added a pants patch which I forgot.

12372769135_2f17fbb991_o.png

France:

Nice number tweak on France. Good and readable.

Not a big fan of gradients but this one works.

I declare these done and in the book!

So what about making a stylized rooster ? You used the emblem of the French Republic, which is by no mean representative of the country since nobody in France would be able to tell you what it stands for. Then again, the kits are neat.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

France looks nice, but I have one problem. A clash jersey is so that you can tell the difference between the two teams playing. If a team playing against France is a dark blue, they won't have a jersey to play in because both jerseys are dark blue. Maybe you could make the clash jersey white or red. Other than that though, this series is fantastic!

France looks nice, but I have one problem. A clash jersey is so that you can tell the difference between the two teams playing. If a team playing against France is a dark blue, they won't have a jersey to play in because both jerseys are dark blue. Maybe you could make the clash jersey white or red. Other than that though, this series is fantastic!

This is true. Probably a red one would do.

Updates are finally done, hopefully Russia can be up by Tuesday.

France:

eliminated the fleur de lies(is that how you spell it?).

12272426284_3974b04a3f_o.png

Much better!

France:

Even better!

well France is kind of the Dallas Cowboys of the teams, no matter what they're wearing blue(Cowboys always wear white). So lets say they're playing a team with it's primary as blue, then that team will wear there clash.

Netherlands:

Went with a seahawks-esque chest striping. Kept the pants blank to avoid overcrowding. And technically I didn't use a Federation logo(Netherlands soccer team) I took the wordmark off and tweaked the lion.(I know it's a loophole)

12419847674_57d21bd0dd_o.png

Also does anyone think Japan needs an update? I didn't get much feedback on that one.

12239888794_ce0301a97d_o.png

I like both of those sets. I'd actually like an all-orange set from the Netherlands and an all white Japan set, but that's probably b/c I like most monochrome sets, I guess :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think Japan is fine honestly, the only change I'd make to the Netherlands is to remove the gradient helmet and make an all-orange set mentioned in the post above ^ :rolleyes:^.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think Japan is fine honestly, the only change I'd make to the Netherlands is to remove the gradient helmet and make an all-orange set mentioned in the post above ^ :rolleyes:^.

Actually I forgot to talk about the helmet, it's not a gradient. It's a pearl texture like this Jaguars beauty:

tixw6h0e1tzwkb28ddmhazrz4.gif

Archived