MLB Combination of Eras - D-Backs in Purple and Red (March 25)

davidmiller5

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, man, I am not a fan of that 70s script C. Within "Cleveland" and as a part of the logo, it's fine, but it doesn't work on its own.

I would stick with the current C. The current C with the headdress doesn't look so bad.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I just can't picture the headdress "C" looking good on the cap logo, regardless of whether you use the block "C" or the 'caveman' version. I really like the block "C" with the feather. It has a simple elegance to it and does an effective job of incorporating two distinct logos and you won't have to worry about offending anyone. Even without Wahoo, many people still take exception to the Native American headdress being "appropriated" for commercial use. I don't think you'd have that same problem with a simple single feather.

Sorry t all for the wait. I actually finished the concept two days ago but have been having trouble with the website. It has been saying the servers this site is on is down. Has anyone else had these issues?

Anyhow, here are the Indians. I decided to drop the headdress and go with the feather. Let me know what you think. The Indians ended up with the simplest branding with only one logo.

INDIANSLOGOS.png

INDIANSUNIFORMSHOME.png

INDIANSUNIFORMSAWAY.png

INDIANSElementExplanation.png

I ended up using their 70s font for both home and road scripts. I wasn't going to give them a white alternate, and I wasn't going to give them a C-on-the-chest logo because it is too similar to Cincinnati, their instate rival. But they have worn a C or Wahoo on the chest for 49 years of their existence (plus some others as an alternate), so I wanted to show that part of their history. I also debated making the home jersey have navy wording but throughout their history their time in red wording vs. blue wording is virtually identical, so I made the wording red at home and blue on the road.

What do you think? Does this need any changes? Do I need to go with the headdress?

award%20sig.png

It was worth the wait! I really like how you've subtly combined the eras on this one without having to use Chief Wahoo (his feather alone is fine). Only real suggestion would be to use red undershirts and socks on the home uniforms (like they did in the 90's), but that's just a matter of preference (navy blue undershirts/socks do have more presence in team history) Well done, and I can't wait to see what you'll cook up for Kansas City!

It was worth the wait! I really like how you've subtly combined the eras on this one without having to use Chief Wahoo (his feather alone is fine). Only real suggestion would be to use red undershirts and socks on the home uniforms (like they did in the 90's), but that's just a matter of preference (navy blue undershirts/socks do have more presence in team history) Well done, and I can't wait to see what you'll cook up for Kansas City!

I think Detroit is next, no?

I'm curious to see what you do with the Tigers. They're a team who's essentially worn the same uniform for pretty much their entire existence so it should be interesting to see what you put together to give them something new and different.

I think Detroit is next, no?

I'm curious to see what you do with the Tigers. They're a team who's essentially worn the same uniform for pretty much their entire existence so I'm interested to see what you put together to give them something new and different.

Whoops, totally forgot about Detroit. If you want to do something different with them, I suggest maybe putting orange outlines on the home uniform (like they did in 1929) or using the 90's alt uniform as the basis of a home/road alt. On the road, it would be nice to use one of the block wordmarks from the 60's or 70's, and maybe even put a white outline back on the road cap logo.

Whoops, totally forgot about Detroit. If you want to do something different with them, I suggest maybe putting orange outlines on the home uniform (like they did in 1929) or using the 90's alt uniform as the basis of a home/road alt. On the road, it would be nice to use one of the block wordmarks from the 60's or 70's, and maybe even put a white outline back on the road cap logo.

The more orange the better. For a team called the "Tigers," there's a distinct lack of orange in their look.

Sorry t all for the wait. I actually finished the concept two days ago but have been having trouble with the website. It has been saying the servers this site is on is down. Has anyone else had these issues?

Anyhow, here are the Indians. I decided to drop the headdress and go with the feather. Let me know what you think. The Indians ended up with the simplest branding with only one logo.

INDIANSLOGOS.png

INDIANSUNIFORMSHOME.png

INDIANSUNIFORMSAWAY.png

INDIANSElementExplanation.png

I ended up using their 70s font for both home and road scripts. I wasn't going to give them a white alternate, and I wasn't going to give them a C-on-the-chest logo because it is too similar to Cincinnati, their instate rival. But they have worn a C or Wahoo on the chest for 49 years of their existence (plus some others as an alternate), so I wanted to show that part of their history. I also debated making the home jersey have navy wording but throughout their history their time in red wording vs. blue wording is virtually identical, so I made the wording red at home and blue on the road.

What do you think? Does this need any changes? Do I need to go with the headdress?

It looks good, but I thought you would do something more like Keithisgood's post #566.

Only suggestion I have would be to work in the 60s vest (and 00s) that they used with that "C" jersey. Simply cut off the sleeves. But I must say I'm at least partially disappointed that you didn't go for the complete headdress.

I didn't give them a vest because I wanted to avoid completely copying the Reds. In my thread I gave the Reds vests along with the C-on-the-chest. I gave the Indians a C-on-the-chest, but I think it would be too similar to go with a vest.

As you supposed, I went with the blue shirts and socks at home because they have worn them for so many more years than red. I also wanted to keep some blue in the home uni to help match the hat.

award%20sig.png

Archived