Mizzou's Michael Sam comes out

McCall

We both want the same thing: Michael Sam's orientation to not be a big story. You're repeating the same point about tony Dungy because you think he's wrong and deserves to be mocked.

Well he is, and he does.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're into August.

Nothing out of Rams' camp, except Sam...Dungy becoming more and more the fool it appears.

If you could stop with these posts in this thread, that'd be great.

All they do is keep reiterating the same point and bumping a thread to the top that doesn't have any real storylines going right now without a reason to be at the top of the forum.

As you've said, there's nothing anybody's talking about except for a comment made a little while ago. Thus, the thread should be allowed to fall to the bottom of the forum or even onto the next page.

Don't force the same discussion that we've had 10 times already by doing nothing more than bumping and post-padding.

Thanks.

6fQjS3M.png

We both want the same thing: Michael Sam's orientation to not be a big story. You're repeating the same point about tony Dungy because you think he's wrong and deserves to be mocked.

Well he is, and he does.
You're not talking about my actual question though:

Regardless of how wrong the general public thinks Dungy is, or how much of a knuckle dragging hate-filled Christian you now consider him to be...

How does making fun of him help out the overall cause for Michael Sam?

I'm not arguing about whether Dungy was wrong/right. That is moot to my actual question.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well he is, and he does.

Regardless of how wrong the general public thinks Dungy is, or how much of a knuckle dragging hate-filled Christian you now consider him to be...

I'm not arguing about whether Dungy was wrong/right. That is moot to my actual question.

I think your well-documented religious views are making you a little sensitive to the Dungy trashing. Does it need to be brought up out of nowhere when there's nothing else going on? Maybe not. But do you need to get upset about people trashing him? Probably not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well he is, and he does.

I think your well-documented religious views are making you a little sensitive to the Dungy trashing. Does it need to be brought up out of nowhere when there's nothing else going on? Maybe not. But do you need to get upset about people trashing him? Probably not.

I'm actually not upset. I really am wondering how it helps.

I actually am not bringing in my religious views. Again, regardless of God, Allah, Nobody, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, how does mockery help out anyone other than making a few people with "well-documented" views feel better?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Of course it doesn't "help out", but this is a thread about Michael Sam, and things like Dungy's comment do have some relevancy - albeit not recently. You're right that it's easy for people with anti-religious-bigot views to use these opportunities to pile on - heck, I'm totally guilty of that. But I don't see how anyone should care if Dungy is being picked on, unless they feel like they're being picked on by proxy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That may be the case with some but I don't feel picked on. The excess bumping by Needstochat pissed me off so I called him out on it.

Like I said before, I don't think Sam's orientation should matter. He's even said himself he doesn't want to be "Michael Sam: The Gay Football Player". I'm good with that, personally. The only ones (not you) continually bumping this thread besides my debate for a page are those who feel like beating their chest and screaming about how accepting they are (again, not you).

Shockingly, you and I share similar anti-religious-bigot views. The ones in my religion that hate others for reasons drives me up the wall too.

Well he is, and he does.

If you think that I'm calling Christians "knuckle draggers" and "hate filled" because of what Dungy said then you haven't been paying attention.

Needschat can probably stop bumping the thread now but his point, which is valid, is that Dungy said Sam's orientation would be a distraction and it hasn't been. He's been proven to be wrong and that point needs to be made clear.

And here's the thing. I couldn't be happier about how all of this has played out. Everyone in the media focuses on the Rams because they had he courage to give an openly gay player a shot. A prominent talking head says there will be trouble. All eyes are on Rams training camp and...nothing. It's the perfect way to drive home the point that sexual orientation shouldn't matter. For everyone to see that it doesn't matter first hand so that the second and third openly gay NFLers are less and less newsworthy. Until it just doesn't matter. As it shouldn't.

No the big news out of Rams camp has been how the team really, really needs to end its exclusive contract with whatever dumbass apothecary who keeps giving the wideouts steroids that do show up on the NFL's tests.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That may be the case with some but I don't feel picked on. The excess bumping by Needstochat pissed me off so I called him out on it.

Like I said before, I don't think Sam's orientation should matter. He's even said himself he doesn't want to be "Michael Sam: The Gay Football Player". I'm good with that, personally. The only ones (not you) continually bumping this thread besides my debate for a page are those who feel like beating their chest and screaming about how accepting they are (again, not you).

Shockingly, you and I share similar anti-religious-bigot views. The ones in my religion that hate others for reasons drives me up the wall too.

It's Needschat, not Needstochat

I am making the point that NO ONE IN THE FOOTBALL COMMUNITY cares of his sexuality, and that's what it should be. Mocking Dungy's attitude is showing that no one but him and the Christians care.

Am I going to stop mocking? No

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I will also be there, calling you the attention-hungry idiot that you are.

"Look at how stupid the Christians are!!! Look at how stupid the Christians are!!!"

Suspend me if you must, new mods.

Well as a Christian who doesn't care that he's gay, be quiet. Besides the people you're talking to aren't even reading anything you write. All your doing is annoying the rest of us. You're essentially constantly bringing up the fact that Sam is a gay football player which kind of contradicts the whole point of not focusing on his sexuality. Plus I didn't start this thread (yeah I'm the OP) for the purpose of you to blast people just because you want to. It was for news regarding the topic, of which there currently is no new news... which is a good thing, ain't it?

I will also be there, calling you the attention-hungry idiot that you are.

"Look at how stupid the Christians are!!! Look at how stupid the Christians are!!!"

Suspend me if you must, new mods.

Never said that, nor did I imply/infer/hint.

I mock Dungy for his wrong opinions

No the big news out of Rams camp has been how the team really, really needs to end its exclusive contract with whatever dumbass apothecary who keeps giving the wideouts steroids that do show up on the NFL's tests.

...as it should be.

Football news or stupidity that's football related LOL

Fact is that most Christians are pro-gay rights. Don't let Fox News try to tell you otherwise.

Plus it's Christian churches wanting to marry gay couples that put the lie to the whole "religious freedom!" nonsense.

Now, the increasingly-small but vocal minority of people who want gay men and women to remain second-class citizens is almost exclusively made up of fundamentalist Christians, but that doesn't make all Christians the enemy.

Don't swallow Fox's idiotic bait. Please.

I am making the point that NO ONE IN THE FOOTBALL COMMUNITY cares of his sexuality, and that's what it should be. Mocking Dungy's attitude is showing that no one but him and the Christians care.

Apparently you care enough to constantly come back here and make an ass out of yourself. What Dungy said was dumb, but you aren't handling yourself any better

Apparently, you're concerned about my posting in here, or you'd not post this.

I don't care.

Fact is that most Christians are pro-gay rights. Don't let Fox News try to tell you otherwise.

Plus it's Christian churches wanting to marry gay couples that put the lie to the whole "religious freedom!" nonsense.

Now, the increasingly-small but vocal minority of people who want gay men and women to remain second-class citizens is almost exclusively made up of fundamentalist Christians, but that doesn't make all Christians the enemy.

Don't swallow Fox's idiotic bait. Please.

That's why I'm posting constantly in here. I do not like those that use the Bible as the reason to keep homosexuals and women down. They take the fun out of fundamental. The Episcopalian church of my late father is very pro same sex marriage: The priest married my cousin to her partner two summers ago.

Apparently you care enough to constantly come back here and make an ass out of yourself. What Dungy said was dumb, but you aren't handling yourself any better

Apparently, you're concerned about my posting in here, or you'd not post this.

I don't care.

Now here's a mod telling you to stop posting in this thread unless there's a new development. You've made your point. No need to repeat it.

Archived