Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

If the Blackhawks come back to win this series I will be the smuggest prick to ever roam the earth, and it'll all be for you, honey.

That sure would be a difference from your regular posts. Thanks for once again smearing every Canucks fan for no good reason.

Haha, I knew that would draw Morgo out. It's like reliving old times.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah yeah, trollface.jpeg. You are an insufferable prick, Cujo.

Awww...Do you really mean it?! :)

Not looking to get you suspended, so I'll stop ya right here.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, hoss!

Enjoy whatever sad life you lead. I should know better than to waste my eyesight reading any of your worthless bilge, as it has clearly made me into a more terrible person simply by interacting with you through any medium.

I'm disappointed in the Blackhawks for playing such a poor series against a team of assbags with a fanbase composed of similar slime in a soulless chasm of a city. I rooted for the Kings to defeat the necessary evil that is the Vancouver Canucks, but after this series I'd say you two fanbases are now equal on the d-bag scale.

If the Blackhawks come back to win this series I will be the smuggest prick to ever roam the earth, and it'll all be for you, honey.

I sincerely apologize that your perception of Kings fans has been skewed by great guys such as Cujo, dbadefense, and oddball.

I have no idea how I got dragged into this, but leave me out of their little lovers spat. The only person I have a problem with here is dba, who is just so friggin immature and just posts the dumbest things. Other than that, I have no issues with anyone here. If people have issues with me, well that's their problem and not mine.

SHOULD the Kings and Rags finish the job... When was the last time the cities of Los Angeles and New York faced-off in a major pro sports championship? Crazy to think this almost never happens.

Just guessing here: Yankees-Dodgers '81?

Correct, unless you technicaly consider the Dodgers/Mets 1988 NLCS for the championship of a league

(We had some close calls- Knicks-Lakers 2000, these same teams in 2012)

I guess you could say that the Kings-Devils Stanley Cup Final in 2012 was the last time it happened if you consider Newark a part of New York (and I would; Newark's airport is considered one of three major NYC airports so the city should be considered part of NYC, or at least its metropolitan area. "Newark" is just "New York" slurred, after all.)

25yzwqg.png

That sure would be a difference from your regular posts. Thanks for once again smearing every Canucks fan for no good reason.

Schizophrenia.jpg

Oh you've done a fine job of smearing Canucks fans yourself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well there's a shock if I've ever seen one. Shaw and Doughty both sent of the ice. I so wish the refs would do this more often, because they call way too many one way calls when it should be both ways. I can't believe I'm saying this, but good call ref.

I thought Cujo was an Oilers fan.

I remember that too.

I guess nobody's too big for the bandwagon.

----

Also. God :censored: ing damn it. Pull your :censored: together, Chicago. I don't want to have to deal with this.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I remember that too.

I definitely was.

I'm almost certain I explain my Kings fanhood every postseason.

And thank you! ;)

6uXNWAo.png

I feel like I wasted so much time this NHL regular season carrying about seedings, standings, division titles, and the West high seeds.

The Kings do just enough to clinch, but not enough to get a top 4 seed or home-ice (their one home-ice series came thanks to upsets galore), and then once it's playoff time, they are the most impossible team to put away outside of South Beach.

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES

I remember that too.

I definitely was.

I'm almost certain I explain my Kings fanhood every postseason.

And thank you! ;)

I guess I should have specified the 2012 bandwagon. Because before then, outside of your Puckguy/Sharks trolling, I vividly remember your Oiler-dom. Which was nice, because due to the Oilers being the Oilers, your true colors were never really able to shine.

But now we're here and there you are.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Blackhawks showed some Rex Grossman-like "moxy" toward the end of the game but these bumbling turds haven't had any chemistry in days. Even in game 1 they were falling apart. Kings either win on Wednesday or the Blackhawks win in 7.

But I'm a terrible fan so take everything I say with a grain of feces.

Cujo drinks his own pee

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks showed some Rex Grossman-like "moxy" toward the end of the game but these bumbling turds haven't had any chemistry in days. Even in game 1 they were falling apart. Kings either win on Wednesday or the Blackhawks win in 7.

Cujo drinks his own pee

I was just thinking roughly the same thing; Chicago's home ice advantage can really work in their favor here. I'm fairly confident that they'll win Game 5 at home, and if they can ride that momentum and pull out a Game 6 win in Los Angeles, we'll be in for a real barnburner in Chicago on Sunday.

Also, bolded for emphasis. :D

25yzwqg.png

Cujo drinks his own pee

If that makes you feel better about yourself....

SMH.

6uXNWAo.png

The Kings HAVE to close this out ASAP. If they lose game 5, they CANNOT blow it potentially on Friday at home. If this goes 7 somehow, history ain't on their side. If you let this drag on too long, they'll be playing with elimination game fire again.

Only 2 teams have gone 7 games in rounds 1-3 of the playoffs- 1993 Maple Leafs, 2002 Avalanche. Both blew game 7.

I'm not going to call this series a done-deed, not yet at least. Let me point out Kramerica's scientific findings a while ago about "Chicago in Games 1-3 vs. Chicago in Games 4-and-beyond" in the last six postseasons:

2009:

CAL: 2-1, 2-1

VAN: 1-2, 3-0

DET: 1-2, 0-2

2010:

NSH: 1-2, 3-0

VAN: 2-1, 2-1

SJ: 3-0, 1-0

PHI: 2-1, 2-1

2011:

VAN: 0-3, 3-1

2012:

PHX: 1-2, 1-2

2013:

MIN: 2-1, 2-0

DET: 1-2, 3-1

LA: 2-1, 2-0

BOS: 1-2, 3-0

2014:

STL: 1-2, 3-0

MIN: 2-1, 2-1

Since the 2009 postseason began, the 'Hawks have a staggering 74.42 win % in Games 4-7 of a best-of-7. Scary. Scary as s#it! And hell, the Kings have lost three games in a row in each of their playoff rounds so far. Wouldn't it be poetic on all counts should these prophecies happen again?

A comfortable cushion LA is in right now, but at this point, Chicago are at their most terrifyingly-awesome mode with their backs against the wall. I will only feel safe when the Kings do indeed finish the job. So not jumping the guns just yet.

Here's my visual take. Down 3-1 in the series but with their nearly 75% win rate in Games 4-7, Chicago is (at this point in the series) Bowser inside the clown car, while LA is Mario:

tumblr_mpswh2vfou1qzzktho1_500.gif

Archived