Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Go Rangers. Blackhawks have nothing going for them and need more than their current roster can provide. They're done.

I can't stand fans who act this way -- always down on their team, then boast like a mofo the moment they are proven wrong.
That was pretty much you during the LA/SJ series.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Rangers. Blackhawks have nothing going for them and need more than their current roster can provide. They're done.

I can't stand fans who act this way -- always down on their team, then boast like a mofo the moment they are proven wrong.

Please, show me where I lambasted the Kings and kicked dirt on them -- and if I were going to do that to my team, it would be when they're down 0-3, not 1-2. Even down 3-1, there's a definite chance for a Chicago comeback.

6uXNWAo.png

Chicago with two unanswered. 'Hawks fans: You man now return to your television sets.

Dude, :censored: off. If you actually are a Kings fan, how come you never post in this thread during the regular season? At times you act like you've been a fan since 1967, even though you never say a :censored:ing word about hockey during the regular season. Nobody needs to here BS from the guy who only watches the playoffs.

My goodness, if there has ever been a less deserving captain to go receive the Cup first then Dustin Brown, please enlighten me... and he could potentially get another.

The admiral might have a fit if the Coyotes win and Mr. Shane Doan gets to hoist the Cup first, but that's a long shot.

deK8sJk.png

Not those blue jerseys, but their first three Cups were won before they introduced their first white jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Though I'm cheering for the Habs I wouldn't at all mind seeing the Rangers win the cup. They've never lifted it in those blue jerseys unless I'm mistaken. Would look pretty slick.

Even though it pains me to do so, I can tolerate a Rangers cup win far more than a Kings or Blackhawks cup win if only because the resident fans of both teams have pushed me to hatred of both teams.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'd sleep so much better at night if CoastToCoastLongAssHandle15248Characters would only approve of a Blackhawks cup.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Some people get so worked up over a damn hockey game, my team got knocked out last round and you never saw me going ape :censored: like some of you guys

tumblr_lrjftg5pL41qawtudo1_500.jpg

"That's wonderbread. He's admonishing fans with emotions."

"Ah, that must be exhausting."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chicago with two unanswered. 'Hawks fans: You man now return to your television sets.

Dude, :censored: off. If you actually are a Kings fan, how come you never post in this thread during the regular season? At times you act like you've been a fan since 1967, even though you never say a :censored:ing word about hockey during the regular season. Nobody needs to here BS from the guy who only watches the playoffs.

He's not. He was an Oilers fan until he had a crisis of conscious, conveniently after the Kings won the Cup.

Please, show me where I lambasted the Kings and kicked dirt on them -- and if I were going to do that to my team, it would be when they're down 0-3, not 1-2. Even down 3-1, there's a definite chance for a Chicago comeback.
I seem to remember you busting out the LA Kings golf cap logo as an avatar and wishing the Sharks well on their way to choking in the second round when San Jose went up 3-0. So yeah...you were ready to throw in the towel before the series was over.

Apparently, my last post got deleted, so I'll summarize it again. Chicago has had two recent titles, multiple Winter Classics, tons of bandwagoning fans and is poised for another title sometime in the next 2-3 years. If the Sharks had half of that success, I'd be jumping for joy. Don't let the temporary amnesia spoil you guys, the recent success the team has had makes other fans green with envy, myself included.

Not to mention, they can come back and win this, considering their recent clutch history. So no, keep your brooding off the boards. There's no sympathy here.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Apparently, my last post got deleted, so I'll summarize it again. Chicago has had two recent titles, multiple Winter Classics, tons of bandwagoning fans and is poised for another title sometime in the next 2-3 years. If the Sharks had half of that success, I'd be jumping for joy. Don't let the temporary amnesia spoil you guys, the recent success the team has had makes other fans green with envy, myself included.

Not to mention, they can come back and win this, considering their recent clutch history. So no, keep your brooding off the boards. There's no sympathy here.

This.

Its like their fans expect to win the cup every year and if they don't, its some sort of tragedy or injustice. It is for that reason you guys are absolutely insufferable. Be happy with the 2 championships in 4 years. Most fans would be stoked with that kind of success.

Well of course. I've said it several times that I don't have a right to complain, but I will anyway because that's just what I feel is a natural response. It's obviously horribly stupid to post here while the hate and contempt is fresh, but I have little else to do at work these last 2 games especially, so if I've been a massive assbag, that's pretty much why. Most people have the good sense to watch in front of a TV and not near a computer. I don't.

But yeah, if the Blackhawks lose it's a combination of exhaustion (thanks olympics), stars not scoring, and the Kings flat out being a hotter team that's more Cup-run ready than the Hawks. The Blackhawks can win 3 straight, but this isn't a hard fought series for LA. It would take a King meltdown for this to happen and while the play of the Hawks during the 2nd period/part of the 3rd was more to their form, it seems like way too little too late.

This.

Its like their fans expect to win the cup every year. Be happy with the 2 championships in 4 years. Most fans would be stoked with that kind of success.

Of course we're stoked/spoiled, but you're only pointing this out because, well, do I really have to get into the mutual bias against each other's teams?

It could be a riot

twitter

This.

Its like their fans expect to win the cup every year and if they don't, its some sort of tragedy or injustice. It is for that reason you guys are absolutely insufferable. Be happy with the 2 championships in 4 years. Most fans would be stoked with that kind of success.

So let me see if I have this straight...

If your team wins the Cup, you aren't allowed to want to win another one and you're not allowed to be disappointed if they don't win it again? Using CS85 as an example - his team won the Stanley Cup last year so that means he has to sit back and quietly take whatever happens this year? His team is playing poorly, they're in a big hole in this series, and he's supposed counter that with "Oh well, we won last year so who gives a flying :censored: about what happens this year?" Yeah, that makes sense. :blink:

Sorry, but I don't buy the whole "if your team is successful, you aren't allowed to complain about them" bit.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Aren't you from Chicago? That adds such an interesting element to all of this...

This.

So let me see if I have this straight...

If your team wins the Cup, you aren't allowed to want to win another one and you're not allowed to be disappointed if they don't win it again? Using CS85 as an example - his team won the Stanley Cup last year so that means he has to sit back and quietly take whatever happens this year? His team is playing poorly, they're in a big hole in this series, and he's supposed counter that with "Oh well, we won last year so who gives a flying :censored: about what happens this year?" Yeah, that makes sense. :blink:

Sorry, but I don't buy the whole "if your team is successful, you aren't allowed to complain about them" bit.

I buy it hook line and sinker. You can complain, but you'll sound like a spoiled baby and I'll have no sympathy for what you're going through.

It's like complaining that the car your parents gave you isn't the right color while the rest of us don't even have cars.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived