Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of things that have fallen in Chicago's favor is pretty astronomical. No catastrophic injuries, finding sufficient bottom forwards, favorable match-ups in the draw and clutch after clutch performance. Somehow they've avoided regression every single time it's come lurking and it's maddening as hell.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

finding sufficient bottom forwards

Nothing about Bollig-Handzus-Versteeg has been remotely sufficient.

Tie game late, all the momentum to the Kings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This has been the biggest collection of bounciest goals I've ever seen in a playoff game, let alone a Game 7.

C'mon Chicago

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Quenneville really wasn't trying to win that in regulation, instead opting to rest Kane's legs instead of have him on the ice for the last 2:00 in order to score the game winning goal. Ironically, he almost scored in the :20 he was on the ice at the end there....

25yzwqg.png

Yes, the series doesn't start until Wednesday but...I can already tell that the Rangers are going to lose this (choose one: a.) series b.) game.) Just look at how (insert Rangers player here) is (insert hockey terminology that I don't fully understand here) against (insert tonight's winner here.) It's been obvious since the (a. opening faceoff b.) some point in the 1st period, etc.) Unless the Rangers (insert some nonsensical reasoning here) they may as well just pack it in and go home. Lundqvist can't (a. stop a beachball b.) do it alone.) Enjoy the golf course, fellas.

Am I doing this right?

BB52Big.jpg

You know, during this OT intermission, let me ask this:

When was the last time we had a playoff series that played out this frigging well? Forget round or teams involved; this series has been everything and more. It's gone beyond even my sky-high expectations. First Game 7 OT in the Conference Final since '94? Well, it's only appropriate.

spacer.png

When was the last time we had a playoff series that played out this frigging well? Forget round or teams involved; this series has been everything and more. It's gone beyond even my sky-high expectations. First Game 7 OT in the Conference Final since '94? Well, it's only appropriate.

Can't answer your question, but this series has been pretty f-ing awesome. If there's anything in sports better than OT in a game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs - especially a conference final game 7, I've never seen it.

BB52Big.jpg

The series that comes to mind right away for me was that Carolina-New Jersey series from a few years ago.

Archived