Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Oh let them be. Come, let's go shine last years trophy collection.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are very few things in life that are certain. Death is one. Taxes are another. Joining that list will be a LA loss tomorrow night.

simpsons-lock-of-the-week.jpg?w=584

Should I be wrong, I will send a crisp dollar bill each for up to five people who decide to challenge it.

Challenge accepted. I'm serious.

i want that dollar bill.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That was a disappointing loss for sure, but it's hard to be angry with all the recent success the Hawks have had. I just calmly turned off the game after the goal and went on and watched Game of Thrones.

I'm pulling for the Rangers now. Partly because of their beautiful uniforms and partly because you tend not to like a team very much after consecutive playoff meetings. Good news for Rangers fans is that the last time the team I was pulling for in the Finals lost was when the Red Wings beat the Penguins.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That was a disappointing loss for sure, but it's hard to be angry with all the recent success the Hawks have had. I just calmly turned off the game after the goal and went on and watched Game of Thrones.

My thoughts exactly. We can't expect the team to win the Cup every year. One every three years is more than acceptable to me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

...and the Blackhawks weren't even that good this year. Regular season and playoffs. If they can half ass games with a lukewarm bench and mercurial goalie and still make a great team need 7 games to deny them a cup defense, then yeah. It's scary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's shameless the way we flirt.

twitter

...and the Blackhawks weren't even that good this year. Regular season and playoffs. If they can half ass games with a lukewarm bench and mercurial goalie and still make a great team need 7 games to deny them a cup defense, then yeah. It's scary.

Compared to last year, I'd say we were bordering on mediocre.

That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. Thank you L.A. All is forgiven.

You're a sad little man.
How dare I be happy with the result of a hockey game. You sure showed me :rolleyes:

Your hate for the Blackhawks is really pathetic. Grow up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So I'm going over the Cup Final schedule, and I see something very quirky.

For U.S. viewers, Games 3 and 4 are slated to be on NBCSN while the rest are on NBC. This TV formation for the NHL's championship series has been in place since 2009, despite the risk of having a Game 4 Cup clincher (only possible in a sweep situation) on cable while shutting out some fans of the potentially-winning team from watching such possible clinching.

This consequence of the formation did happened in 2012, as some Kings fans were shut-out of watching a potential Cup clincher in Game 4 (but that clincher eventually occurred in Game 6, so that makes the TV thing a semi-moot point). Thus with this fate actually having the possibility of occurring, last year's 'Hawks-Bruins series saw a broadcasting change. Game 1 was on NBC, 2 and 3 on NBCSN, and the remaining games back on NBC, in order to ensure that no matter how far the series goes, the Cup clincher is guaranteed to be seen on network TV.

But apparently, they reverted back to the stupid consequence they wanted to avoid when switching the broadcast order of last year. OITGDNHL.

#HumbleBrag

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

#HumbleBrag

#BlackhawksWouldveCrushedDucksIn5

twitter

But apparently, they reverted back to the stupid consequence they wanted to avoid when switching the broadcast order of last year. OITGDNHL.

Or they originally had the same construct but changed it because having a Triple Crown Belmont leading into the Stanley Cup Final is likely going to help ratings, but that would destroy your narrative so lets just ignore that.

spacer.png

#HumbleBrag

#BlackhawksWouldveCrushedDucksIn5

#ThatsBull :censored: AndYouKnowIt ;)

Please. :rolleyes:

The Blackhawks were scary as always, they just lost fair and square.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm not sure when I ever said anywhere that the Blackhawks were cheated, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. All I was implying was that this was a haphazard, exhausted team that wasn't properly replenished after a very short offseason yet still, thanks to the magical powers of their stars found a way to come back from 3-1 in a series where they were overmatched.

But yeah, the refs screwed them or something, blah blah. Doofus.

twitter

So I'm going over the Cup Final schedule, and I see something very quirky.

For U.S. viewers, Games 3 and 4 are slated to be on NBCSN while the rest are on NBC. This TV formation for the NHL's championship series has been in place since 2009, despite the risk of having a Game 4 Cup clincher (only possible in a sweep situation) on cable while shutting out some fans of the potentially-winning team from watching such possible clinching.

This consequence of the formation did happened in 2012, as some Kings fans were shut-out of watching a potential Cup clincher in Game 4 (but that clincher eventually occurred in Game 6, so that makes the TV thing a semi-moot point). Thus with this fate actually having the possibility of occurring, last year's 'Hawks-Bruins series saw a broadcasting change. Game 1 was on NBC, 2 and 3 on NBCSN, and the remaining games back on NBC, in order to ensure that no matter how far the series goes, the Cup clincher is guaranteed to be seen on network TV.

NHL also gets a potential Triple Crown-winning Belmont as its NBC lead-in on Saturday. That's probably why they switched it, trying to capitalize on the ratings.

I'm not sure when I ever said anywhere that the Blackhawks were cheated, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. All I was implying was that this was a haphazard, exhausted team that wasn't properly replenished after a very short offseason yet still, thanks to the magical powers of their stars found a way to come back from 3-1 in a series where they were overmatched.

But yeah, the refs screwed them or something, blah blah. Doofus.

While I will agree with you that the 'Hawks had a short off season, please don't use the excuse that they were tired. The Kings have played the most playoff games over the past three years, so that makes the idea moot. You get to Game 7 of overtime of the conference finals, it's not who's got more energy, it's who's going to get the lucky break. The Kings got it. This was a series of two teams going blow to blow and never backing down. It was probably an awesome game to watch. I didn't watch it because I had something planned for that night, so I went out and did it just like I did for Game 4 of the first round, Game 7 of the first round, and Game 7 of the second round. I wasn't about to change, but I will say that seeing a 3-2 score after one concerned me. I don't know how many games the Kings have one after giving up three goals in the first round over the past three years, but it's probably less than 10. Having the fortitude to get it to overtime, says a lot about them. And yes, I will say, the got friggin' lucky to win the game. I'll take it. I will give credit to the 'Hawks, they're one hell of a team and keep coming. And when you start hating players because they just keep coming (Toews and Kane), that's when it becomes fun. And I didn't hate them before, and I don't know, I just hated that they are friggin' battlers and never give up! I look forward to next year and the conference finals between these two. It's gonna be fun. The thing that impressed me about this series, was it was hard and not chippy. It's the way hockey supposed to be played.

Archived