Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Exactly LMU. What it's going to come down to, is who really wants this. It might sound cliche, but it's true. That's what makes this series so intriguing, is that no one really has an advantage. The scary thing about the Kings, they really haven't played a full 60 minutes. I give credit to the Rangers, but you look at the stats, the Rangers start out hot scoring I think it's 13 more goals than the opposition and the Kings finish hot scoring like 12 more than the opposition which means the Kings just wear teams down. Don't get me wrong, the Rangers are capable of winning.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you know, don't let the Alexei Emelin slash on Kreider get in the way of a good narrative.

Dont let the fact King was pushed into Lundqvit by McDonough get in the way of a good cry...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm not. I'm not rooting for the Rangers because I'm not about to root for Carl Hagelin's inverse number to win the Cup after his shenanigans of a few months ago.

The only problem I had with a non-goalie interference call there is that if that wasn't goalie interference, then I'm not sure how this was goalie interference. To me, goaltender interference is such an undefined and subjective topic that I've stopped trying to have an honest opinion as to what is goalie interference and what isn't.

spacer.png

I thought that was a borderline call, the King-Lundqvist situation. Could have gone either way. Thought the right call was made in that King was engaging in battle with the defenseman, not the goalie, and that the defenseman did help King make contact with Lundqvist.

Surprised there hasn't been too much talk about the Nash and Lundqvist flops, though. Lundqvist exaggerated a call that was going to be already made. Nash's dive was pretty obvious. Looks like Alain Vigneault brought his diving teaching skills from Vancouver.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722095&navid=nhl:topheads

Lundqvist's comments are extremely rational in the above article. I think he's 100% right; where's the consistency?

As someone who stands to land a nice payday if the Kings win, I'm surprised that goal stood. Allowing it to stand does one of two things: starts a bad precedent/trend for the rest of the series, or serves as yet another lowlight of the consistency of calls when something similar is whistled down in a future game.

Comparing it to Kreider and Price? Yikes, the only similarity is that both were a play containing a player and a goalie.

You know, it's not easy watching your team slowly sink into cultural irrelevance as their local rival takes the spotlight and grabs all the attention. Now I know how Lakers fans feel.

Okay two things the Lakers had more coverage this year as Losing team than the clippers did a winning won (excluding the sterling situation) and the only time I've seen Ducks coverage on in non NHL primary sources was during the Kings-Ducks series which is sad because they realy are a good team and deserve more than they get.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Surprised there hasn't been too much talk about the Nash and Lundqvist flops, though.

Of course you're not hearing about it because Los Angeles eventually won the game. It's almost alarming that the referees still get conned into calling such BS. Most of us can see a dive in real-time on tv, yet the refs seem to always get the call wrong. As for last night, I will say it was nice to see those shenanigans backfire on Team Vigneault.

6uXNWAo.png

You know, it's not easy watching your team slowly sink into cultural irrelevance as their local rival takes the spotlight and grabs all the attention. Now I know how Lakers fans feel.

Okay two things the Lakers had more coverage this year as Losing team than the clippers did a winning won (excluding the sterling situation) and the only time I've seen Ducks coverage on in non NHL primary sources was during the Kings-Ducks series which is sad because they realy are a good team and deserve more than they get.

This is some terrible grammar right here.

I'm not sure it's present at all.

untitled-6.jpg

I'm not sure it's present at all.
Grammar? Ain't anyone has time four that!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived