Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings have been a team of streaks in these playoffs, which if that holds, it would not surprise me if the Rangers win four in a row to take the cup.

Well they only need to win three in a row now :P

Yeah, three more. I was typing it as that puck was squeezing past Lundqvist and sitting on the goal line. Wow, that was close! :)

Surprised the beautiful stop by Henrik Lundqvist a small pile of slush hasn't been posted here in .gif form.

EDIT: I tried posting it here but couldn't find a website that allowed hotlinking of the source.

In summation, the Kings came within less than an inch combined of the God-damn Stanley Cup! I would have traded every other single missed shot-on-goal LA had tonight on Lundqvist for those two fuc#ing pucks which stayed in the middle of the goal line!

New York truly played brilliantly like a team with their season about to end, but those two pucks. Holy s#it, torturous. And now, I have a real fear of tonight being the 1st stage of the most deflating, crestfalling collapse in sports history, because the hockey Gods decided tonight to middle-finger the Kings and begin the process of decreeing a Stanley Cup title for New York.

In summation, the Kings came within less than an inch combined of the God-damn Stanley Cup! I would have traded every other single missed shot-on-goal LA had tonight on Lundqvist for those two fuc#ing pucks which stayed in the middle of the goal line!

New York truly played brilliantly like a team with their season about to end, but those two pucks. Holy s#it, torturous. And now, I have a real fear of tonight being the 1st stage of the most deflating, crestfalling collapse in sports history, because the hockey Gods decided tonight to middle-finger the Kings and begin the process of decreeing a Stanley Cup title for New York.

STOP. JUST, STOP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Granted, I'm definitely nowhere near unbiased, but I'm not exactly feeling a renewed hope vibe from the Rangers. The postgame salute to the crowd just came off like a "thank you fans, see you next year!" moment, and Henrik's postgame quote was that he didn't want to see the Cup brought out on home ice and that it would make him sick. They're just coming across like they were just playing to avoid a home elimination.

VmWIn6B.png

Los Angeles dropped Game 4 of a series where-in they lead 3-0 and have home ice advantage, and you're panicking. This is stuff of legend.

spacer.png

If you want people to give you respect and actually feel bad for you, at least take a page out of CS85's book and use clever gifs and humour. Oh and don't act like it's the end of the :censored:ing world because your team lost ONE game while having a 3-0 lead in the series. Your entitled bitchy attitude has made me do something I never thought I'd do. And this is coming from the biggest hater of the New York Rangers you will ever meet in your life, I hope those Huns somehow come back and win the cup just so you actually knows what it feels like to lose the Stanley Cup on home ice. You don't know what pain is
sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I have a real fear of tonight being the 1st stage of the most deflating, crestfalling collapse in sports history, because the hockey Gods decided tonight to middle-finger the Kings and begin the process of decreeing a Stanley Cup title for New York.

Overreaction some?

In Game 4, the Kings quite possibly played their best game of the series offensively. It's not like they were blown out by the Rangers or anything. It was a one-goal loss with LA coming within a matter of inches on two occasions from winning the damn thing, and this is with Henrik Lundqvist bringing his A++ game! This is not likely to not happen again and definitely not three games in a row with two at Staples.

Not sure why any Kings fan would be worried at this point. Your team is up 3 games to 1 -- PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!

6uXNWAo.png

hey troll, sports isn't this important. This is why you get so much :censored: all the time. These melodramatic posts are extremely irritating and it's even worse when you just won the cup two years ago. It's not like you've never seen them win before.

Every other fanbase would kill to blow game 4 with a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Finals. As LMU said "STOP. JUST, STOP."

PvO6ZWJ.png

Do yourself a favor, dbad. Stay out of here for a while. Otherwise, you're going to get some of us banned with your incessant melodrama once they win. Swear to God, you're gonna go off about how it was better than your first time with a chick...

Also, a Yankees fan lamenting a blown lead? Somehow I think you'll manage.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

...and mods complain that I say stupid crap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived