Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I wonder how many 2-goal leads the Blackhawks have blown this series. Gotta be a record of some kind. It's great having a 2-0 start to the game but there's fewer playoff teams who go to sleep after a 2-0 lead quicker than the Blackhawks. Seabrook penalty, Oduya screws up his defensive assignment, and zero SOG since 2nd goal.

Yeah, that's not how you win a game 7.

edit: and there it goes

edit 2: nevermind

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick choking against Chicago yet again, what else is new?

That last one wasn't his fault. That was one weird bounce.

True, but letting in 12 goals in the last three games is absolutely his fault, though. At some point, you just need to steal a game and make saves when it counts.

I really don't understand it. Quick looks like the best goalie in hockey against any other team, but Chicago's in his head rent-free for some reason. I still would give Jones a chance - what's there to lose at this point? The worst-case scenario is that he's a sieve too and nothing changes.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

True, but letting in 12 goals in the last three games is absolutely his fault, though. At some point, you just need to steal a game and make saves when it counts.

I really don't understand it. Quick looks like the best goalie in hockey against any other team, but Chicago's in his head rent-free for some reason. I still would give Jones a chance - what's there to lose at this point? The worst-case scenario is that he's a sieve too and nothing changes.

This is not a case of Chicago being in his head. Jonathan Quick was getting lit up by San Jose too until he stopped getting lit up by San Jose. Contrary to popular belief, he's not one of the very best goaltenders in the league; he's one of the streakiest and this can come and go at any time. Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens also posted really good numbers with Los Angeles, so that should give some idea that Quick benefits from LA's steadfast puck possession construct.

spacer.png

This is not a case of Chicago being in his head. Jonathan Quick was getting lit up by San Jose too until he stopped getting lit up by San Jose.

The entire team :censored: the bed early in the Sharks series this year, though. Last year against San Jose, Quick was playing out of his mind at times. It really has just been Chicago that makes him look this bad.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What's there to lose? Seriously?

It's a one goal game after one period. This isn't like it was for Anaheim in their Game 7. It's not 3-0 or 4-0 and saying what's there to lose. If you overreact and throw Martin Jones in and he lets in two quick goals and it's a three-goal lead, then you're in far deeper :censored: than you are now. Then it's lost. And is Darryl Sutter ever one to overreact? If anything, he under reacts, severely.

And maybe Chicago makes Quick look "bad" because the Blackhawks, just maybe, might be good. But what do I know? I don't watch hockey.

You need some more seasoning if you want to commit to this hockey thing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What's there to lose? Seriously?

It's a one goal game after one period. This isn't like it was for Anaheim in their Game 7. It's not 3-0 or 4-0 and saying what's there to lose. If you overreact and throw Martin Jones in and he lets in two quick goals and it's a three-goal lead, then you're in far deeper :censored: than you are now. Then it's lost. And is Darryl Sutter ever one to overreact? If anything, he under reacts, severely.

And maybe Chicago makes Quick look "bad" because the Blackhawks, just maybe, might be good. But what do I know? I don't watch hockey.

You need some more seasoning if you want to commit to this hockey thing.

Lights Off was more tolerable when he was solely fellating LeBron and Chris Peterson.

Archived