Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I heard Vancouver is rioting again, this time in jubilation.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of them and their regular season seeding does grate on me, BUT I can't deny these Kings are beyond Rasputin.

THEY SIMPLY DO NOT DIE.

Even last year, you saw what it took to finish them off- AND THEY STILL FORCED OT WITH 11 SECONDS LEFT!

That said, the Kings are the ultimate Russian Roulette team- 3-0, 3-2, almost blowing a 3-1 series lead and falling 2 goals behind. Talk about playing with an inferno and amazingly not getting burned.

It is an incredibly dangerous game- they're mentally strong, but they cannot keep falling into some sort of hole. They're not invincible, but they can't be KO'd.

If Henrik continues to play at the level of glory that's gotten them here and doesn't pull a Rex Grossman, the Rangers should be able to ride the power of MomDeath to a 6 or 7 game win. The Kings are stacked at center and their defensemen are scary as hell but they're fragile if you catch them being soggy in the first handful of games. It's hard to question their late-series prowess this post-season, however, despite the weeping children that fear the pedostache of Dustin Brown.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Let's see how the Kings do as favorites.

Everyone in the media's gonna pick them, homeice, they've won a Cup recently, know how to win, etc.

No more underdogging now- bullseye is on their back. Now they are expected to win by most people.

The Kings are going to have to adjust to a new role-

Before I send this epic series to the archives for future preservation, let me say a few parting things:

I want to thank and offer my condolences to CS85, Admiral, AnythingChicago, FGM13, Sodboy, CRichardson, Billy B, CubsFanBudMan and all the other Blackhawks-centric fans on here and everywhere. Nothing but pure class, knowledge and witty insight in all aspects, and I thank you all for all your graciousness and humbleness throughout these West Finals. Thanks for being such classy hosts throughout these boards in this epic adventure of both Chicago and LA.

A spectacularly-magnificent team those 'Hawks were, and in these last two weeks, I was proven 100% right that they were going to be the hardest team the Sutter-Kings would ever beat. What we all got was an instant-classic, a heart-stopping, mind-numbing, soul-sucking, stomach-punching, dream-devouring circus fest-of emotion, heart, drive and spirit. It's the kind of series our kids, grandkids and great-grandkids will be joyed of listening to from us.

I honestly, in all my heart, never want to go through something like this ever again. I am a very anxious and pessimistic person, so something like this is bad for my health. It's one of those ordeals where everyone but the fans of the two teams get to enjoy and relish on. But now that it's over, I can finally look back at it with all my might. I really should have enjoyed this series more than I actually did, but I'll never forget my emotions throughout these seven games, shared with everybody.

I'm going to need some time to assess the Rangers. Though I was confirmed about Chicago's amazingly-hard level of play, New York is in their own groove right now, riding the Martin St. Louis and King Lundqvist trains. Plus, how much energy did the Kings have to use against Chicago just to get to the Cup Final? Such plot lines will need more time to assess before setting up a series preview.

So in conclusion (or the TL;DR version), thanks 'Hawks fans for all the class and grace in this series, as my little heart couldn't take another violent series swing. Onto the Cup Final now against a rested Rangers team riding their own chapter to the series.

Did you just lump me in with full-time 'Hawks fans? I was only cheering for Chicago because I hate Dustin Brown and LA fans are mostly dicks/dumbasses.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

If watching sports is bad for your health and causes pessimistic attitudes, why do you watch them?

Sports are one of those rare things in my life which (when going well personally) give me joy, and offer me an outlet of temporary exuberance from an otherwise harsh and cruel world. It's a sanctuary of tranquility and comradely which I can share with diverse sets of people. That's why I watch sports.

But I was raised and am right now a "half-glass empty" person. My dark outlooks of life dwarf those merry moments of cheer. Maybe this will change as I get older, maybe not, but this is who I am right now, and I'll embrace it as much as I can (even if it has the potential to cause a ruckus).

Did you just lump me in with full-time 'Hawks fans? I was only cheering for Chicago because I hate Dustin Brown and LA fans are mostly dicks/dumbasses.

Well, I saw your profile avatar, so...

Yeah...kinda jumped the gun a bit...

It was a frustrating, delightful coronary all the way. May never live to see another series quite like that one. And if the Hawks are involved, I sure as hell won't live *through* it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It was a frustrating, delightful coronary all the way. May never live to see another series quite like that one. And if the Hawks are involved, I sure as hell won't live *through* it.

The vicarious fan experience has been my downfall ever since Campoli but I'd like to think I've turned a corner and can be more observant and less irrational. It's easier w/ the Blackhawks now because there are pieces in the system and the roster is quite young regardless of the flaky turds that defiled this year's edition.

Regardless your season-long tweets were a ton of fun and while it sucks we shall meet as gentle nemeses in Bears/Packers Fart-O-Rama 2014 there's always next season's eternal-benching-of-a-Blackhawks-prospect/s to look forward to.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd be more upset if not for the fact that the Hawks did a lot better than they did in the 2011 playoffs, so the Cup hangover wasn't quite as bad.

That being said, I don't ever like losing to LA and the way it happened just made it worse. Go Rangers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8th, 5th, 6th.

That's the seeding of the last 3 Kings teams.

Like the Miami Heat this year, they coast at times, doing JUST enough to clinch, but literally going all out in the playoffs because they're only built for April.

They're like the NY Giants- lull at times during the season, but come playoff time, they scare everybody to death.

They may not be invincible, but in 3 years, they've only taken 1 knockout punch.

8th, 5th, 6th.

Like the Miami Heat this year, they coast at times, doing JUST enough to clinch, but literally going all out in the playoffs because they're only built for April.

They're like the NY Giants- lull at times during the season, but come playoff time, they scare everybody to death.

They may not be invincible, but in 3 years, they've only taken 1 knockout punch.

My buddy also just compared these Kings to the San Francisco Giants of recent years. The were never 'dominating' during the regular season, but good enough to make the postseason. Then once in, making it absolute TORTURE on their fans en route to the championship round.

6uXNWAo.png

8th, 5th, 6th.

My buddy also just compared these Kings to the San Francisco Giants of recent years. The were never 'dominating' during the regular season, but good enough to make the postseason. Then once in, making it absolute TORTURE on their fans en route to the championship round.

But this year the Giants might end up with the best record is baseball unlike the previous 2 title wins in 2010 and 2012. But this is an even year (2014) so it might be the Giants year again but going into the playoffs as the favorite and not the underdog.

I hate L.A. teams but Kings over Rangers in 5

8th, 5th, 6th.

But this year the Giants might end up with the best record is baseball unlike the previous 2 title wins in 2010 and 2012. But this is an even year (2014) so it might be the Giants year again but going into the playoffs as the favorite and not the underdog.

I hate L.A. teams but Kings over Rangers 5

Giants didn't fare too well with great records in 2000-2003 (albeit with some BAD luck at times), so we'll see what happens... assuming they can still hold off LA/Colorado.

That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. Thank you L.A. All is forgiven.

You're a sad little man.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived