Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

I'm ready for the SB57 field concepts 😁

FLloFLiUYAEp0vd?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I'm ready too. I'm still looking for a better version of the logo, in a normal digital format. One that's not so reflective, and better represents what the loo will look like on the field.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVI
2 minutes ago, noodlesnchips said:

I will have to say, the LVI logo was really nice.  It looked great on the field.  LVII looks good too.  If they would just fix the endzones!!!

You know, with the right teams, the new endzones actually can look better. But for many teams, it's going to look awkward or just flat out bad. Could you imagine a Colts-Lions, or Colts-Eagles Super Bowl? Just wouldn't look good. 

But other matchups I think could look good (let me try one out here in a little bit).

Here's an example of some teams whose endzones would actually look better under the current endzone format.

For the Ravens, this is the endzone they used at M&T Bank for years with the artificial surface. In Super Bowl XLVII they really had to scrunch things in, so this format does fill the endzone better.

For the Cardinals, their Super Bowl in the old format was XLIII, and like the Seahawks in XL, they had the "city" name included in the wordmark to better fill the endzone. So the current endzone format helps them out. It certainly did much better for the Broncos in Super Bowl 50 as compared to XLVIII.

VrRoo2v.png

Credit to @logoroy for the Super Bowl logo. This was a good chance for me to see his version on a field before I find a good image of the actual Super Bowl LVII logo.

I guess another thing I should point out is, if either of these teams made the Super Bowl, the Ravens logo in their endzone would likely be smaller, and the Cardinals wordmark would likely be smaller.

I would say the current endzone format is designed for TV. That's why we saw the change in the Patriots endzone between Super Bowl LII and LIII, with a smaller logo and wordmark, which gives you a better chance on TV to see the logo on the left end. 

• Like 3

I found a digital version of the logo, although, it's small, it's what I've got

Super%20Bowl%20LVII%20Logo_0001010100000

And on a field

fCMVS8J.png

I think the colors will look better on the actual field, as my flat grass color on my field here isn't really that close to the colors of actual grass.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Updates to SB LI through LV

I'm working on going back through and updating all the Super Bowl fields I have to adjust texture and color.

I'll just post the updates in batches of 5, as to not spam the boards.

LI

sow1OgE.png

LII

lZLuN8C.png

LIII

W9upg0q.png

LIV

KiYKlHq.png

LV

wWwKEUZ.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I'm working on going back through and updating all the Super Bowl fields I have to adjust texture and color.

I'll just post the updates in batches of 5, as to not spam the boards.

LI

Ayew4sJ.png

LII

lZLuN8C.png

LIII

W9upg0q.png

LIV

KiYKlHq.png

LV

wWwKEUZ.png

Looks good Putt. Really wish they would have did something with the Super Bowl logos like they are now. They just looks so boring! For Houston, you could have had the Alamo in the numerals. For Minneapolis, lakes and forest. Atlanta, the city scape, Miami, the beach front, and Tampa bay, pirate like themes. Idk just a thought 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, RayFinkle said:

Yeah the Eagles (my team) end zone was horrible. Logo was too small, wordmark too small, which gives the end zone waaayyy  too much open space.  Pissed me off.  Because their  other two SB end zones were nice!

I live in Minnesota (born and raised in the playground is where I spent most of my days) and I’m an eagles fan. Would have loved to see our birds win it all in person but no way was I paying that price! 

23 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

And on a field

fCMVS8J.png

I think the colors will look better on the actual field, as my flat grass color on my field here isn't really that close to the colors of actual grass.

The logo really pops out. I like what they have done. Hopefully they keep this going! Endzone could go back to the logo or Helmet with the Conferance logo or helmet on the other. 

On 2/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, pitt6pack said:

And on a field

fCMVS8J.png

If it isn't too much to ask, could you create this field but with the Lions and Browns?  It's the best possible matchup of a pair of teams that have never played in the Super Bowl.  The NFC is due to be the home team for Super Bowl LVII.

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Updates to SB XLVI through 50
  • pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Updates to SB XLI through XLV
On 3/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, jc... said:

The evolution of detail you put into these is amazing. Someday I'm gonna make a poster out of these and fight my wife for the opportunity to hang it up in our living room. 

Yeah, my goal has always been to make some posters for my office. Some of you might remember, but I was working on some poster style images last year, like this one:

RRbJoYE.png

I just need a good way to get some high quality prints about 16-18 inches wide.

• Love 1