Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The arena deal still needs to get voted on by the state legislature, and although there's an agreement that's been reached by the major players, it's no guarantee that it will be approved. Certainly I'm hoping that it passes, but this is not yet a done deal.

The announcement is pretty much the done deal! It was better than Miller Park. In this day and age the legislature has to be on the same page. When Miller Park was going to be built it came down to a last minute vote. That changed the way these deals get done. The funding and support need to be in place already

packchampionslfroh.png

The announcement is pretty much the done deal! It was better than Miller Park. In this day and age the legislature has to be on the same page. When Miller Park was going to be built it came down to a last minute vote. That changed the way these deals get done. The funding and support need to be in place already

Right from the start, this whole process could not have been handled any worse from everyone involved. I'm guessing there will be a few politicians losing their jobs over this mess. Part of me just wishes there would be a law passed banning any public funding for sports arenas/stadiums. That would put an end to all of these cities being held hostage.

b99513696z.1_20150604170830_000_gi6bc84h

Scott Walker always looks like he just got hit in the face with a dodgeball. He governs like it too. This deal is crap.

It's really not that bad of a deal. It's a better deal than most cities and states give into, and this plan actually has a chance at being profitable for the state in 20 years.

With that said, Lasry and Edens should have ponied up the cash. There's no way these fund managers (especially a former director at BlackRock) are 'maxed' out at $150M.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah I do agree with everything that was just said. Edema and Lasry should put in more than 150 mil. But then again they just bought the franchise for 550 mil.

Has anyone said how this impacts Marquette and the Admirals?

packchampionslfroh.png

Yeah I do agree with everything that was just said. Edema and Lasry should put in more than 150 mil. But then again they just bought the franchise for 550 mil.

Has anyone said how this impacts Marquette and the Admirals?

$550M is now a bargain considering the new TV deal (much to Herb Kohl's dismay).

Finally figured out what the Bucks M reminded me of.

The old Jordan Randy Moss sneakers

3231523541_5bda875dd1_b.jpg

That is pretty spot on.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wonder how long they have been on premises? I wonder if they didn't hire a security company to transport them from the manufacturer to Milwaukee lol

lol it isn't that serious lol.

Lol I know! That's the funny thing, less than 24 hours to go and still no leak! You'd think somebody that has handled it would have been scrupulous and uploaded a pic somewhere by now!

packchampionslfroh.png

I wonder how long they have been on premises? I wonder if they didn't hire a security company to transport them from the manufacturer to Milwaukee lol

lol it isn't that serious lol.

Lol I know! That's the funny thing, less than 24 hours to go and still no leak! You'd think somebody that has handled it would have been scrupulous and uploaded a pic somewhere by now!

I think this is a good thing. It keeps the suspense and surprise going right until the unveil. Nowadays, usually these unveils are all anti-climactic because of leaks. Whoever is in charge of this operation did a hell of a good job keeping everything under lock and key.

Archived