Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

I know the Bucks VP of Merchandising or something said that the "Jersey" Socks are completely unrelated to the actual jerseys, but I don't buy it, and I think it means there WILL be cream in the white jerseys.

CEf3ZcgVEAENMqM.jpg

The collar pattern?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likely new jerseys 6226085_orig.jpg

Unfortunate that there are no tan elements in the white uniforms.

(I posted this just a few posts back.)

If that is based off of the picture on the wall in the picture of the design studio, it looks like the "inserts" on the white uniform will be cream, just like the green jersey.

To the left of the court mockups:

912454_orig.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not sure I get why you brought PDX into this discussion.. Yes it's a 3 letter abbreviation, but no Portland team has used it as a word mark on a jersey or anything. It is the same as ATL, both are airport codes, but PDX has never appeared in the same manner as ATL.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If that is based off of the picture on the wall in the picture of the design studio, it looks like the "inserts" on the white uniform will be cream, just like the green jersey.

To the left of the court mockups:

912454_orig.jpg

I spotted a camo mockup. More hunting camo than military camo? More "hunt the deer" than "fear the deer"? I can't help but notice the scale on the table. Also, "414 BUCKS." MKE's area code, apparently.

ATL is alot like NYC to me. I know ATL is an airport code, but ATL is more than that whereas I don't think most of America is familiar with MKE. If the Bucks want to do, then okay, it's just gonna be weird.

No, it's really not. You might be more familiar with it, but that's doesn't make it anything more than a well-known airport code.

ATL is alot like NYC to me. I know ATL is an airport code, but ATL is more than that whereas I don't think most of America is familiar with MKE. If the Bucks want to do, then okay, it's just gonna be weird.

No, it's really not. You might be more familiar with it, but that's doesn't make it anything more than a well-known airport code.
I'd put ATL more in the category with Phila/Philly than PDX or MKE, though I don't think Atlanta is a long enough name to warrant shortening on a jersey.

I am not against abberviations like MKE on jerseys, but in the broadcast's boxscore it usually says MIL not MKE, so if there is a chance that MKE appears on the jerseys, then there should be a consistency between the jerseys and the on screen boxscore graphics. To that point, ATL is both the abbreviation on their alternate jersey and the abbrevation in the boxscore.

More likely than not people can figure out an abbreviation or code for a city by themselves. If they don't understand it initially, the broadcast would most likely tell them or they would ask someone and get an answer. This an issue of consistency of naming between mediums. Pick one and go with it.

I'd put ATL more in the category with Phila/Philly than PDX or MKE, though I don't think Atlanta is a long enough name to warrant shortening on a jersey.
Phila and Philly aren't even in the same category with each other let along ATL.

You could probably put ATL in the same category as Philly, but a more appropriate grouping would be with PHL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think people use "ATL" or, rather, "the ATL" a bit more than some towns' airport codes are used in non-airport ways. I did not have a clue what PDX was until someone mentioned Portland.

That said, I still hate all use of this on jerseys. "ATL", "PHX", etc. And I am one of about five people on the boards that hates "PHILA". I knew what "MKE" was but I don't want to see it on a jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Rolling Stone article on the Bucks re-design process.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/milwaukee-bucks-makeover-angry-deer-or-satanic-goat-20150528

"The deer and the color, for us, were the two things that were really worth holding on to," Kay says. "There's been this evolution of the deer, and the green wasn't going anywhere; the green feels beyond appropriate for Milwaukee and the entire state of Wisconsin. As someone who grew up there – and even as an objective designer – the purple never totally made sense."

Two frantic weeks of what Kay calls "a lot of intense hand-sketching and deliberation and investigation" ended with a presentation made in Lasry's Manhattan office. The new owners were immediately taken with D&C's vision, and the next two months were a slightly more relaxed time, with Meyer's team refining everything from font size to the curvature of the eyeballs to the angle of the nose on the logo's front-facing buck, which became the focal point of the entire effort.

Archived