• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The ship logo features the Lady Washington, a ship whose home port is here in town. The athletics programs use a simple GH logo that I cant find a picture of.

Funny you mention that GH logo, I had no idea they had or used one when I was working that design up. It wasn't till I started researching the choker that I came across an image of a coach with the GH logo on a wall behind him. I also recently came across an article about the Grays Harbor logo I did on KXRO news radio. You all can check it out at the link below if you like.

http://www.kxro.com/graphic-designer-updates-grays-harbor-college-logo/

The ship logo features the Lady Washington, a ship whose home port is here in town. The athletics programs use a simple GH logo that I cant find a picture of.

Funny you mention that GH logo, I had no idea they had or used one when I was working that design up. It wasn't till I started researching the choker that I came across an image of a coach with the GH logo on a wall behind him. I also recently came across an article about the Grays Harbor logo I did on KXRO news radio. You all can check it out at the link below if you like.

Nice to see your hard work is getting some love outside of CCSLC.

Thanks for the linkback Ren. I ran across this thread months ago and had been watching it, hoping you would take a shot at my alma mater. I felt that my radio listeners needed to know about it as well. GHC administration contacted me after the story saying that they were actually in the process of doing a redesign and thought I somehow was inside that process. So, you are not the only one who is looking at updates.

Keep up the good work, I've enjoyed the designs so far.

• 2 weeks later...

HMMMMMMM? Not sure what I think about it alistairbooya. That half beard look is kind of odd, would've looked better just solid black, also the different line weights, the not so circle shapes in the log & the plain trees with the tip above the hard hat cutting off give it a clip art kinda feel to it as well IMO. Is the designer a local of the area? Was she actually commissioned by them or was it just a freebie donated to them due to her possibly being a student there? What are your thoughts on it? Thanks for sharing it.

I'm not familiar with the artist, but she is a local artist who has worked on other projects. We've just never crossed paths it seems.

The beard and the tree rings throw me off, but I don't hate it by any means. It reminds me of a stock graphic that was altered to create a choker. So many rounded portions, next to just as many hard lines.

I don't imagine this image will be on many uniforms and will instead be on accessories and merchandise.

Here's one for you Ren,

I currently go to El Camino College in Southern California, Our mascot is the Warriors.football%20logo.jpg

Our school in attempt to be more politicly correct uses the Arrow heard above for our sports teams but the campus is laden with native american warrior statues clearly implying that this is the so called warrior. I challenge you, if you will, to solve the dilemma of our age, how do you do a Native American Inspired logo without offending anyone.

Here for your help is the School's academic logo

Fun Fact our parking lot was used in the Dark Knight Rises

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Here's one for you Ren,

I currently go to El Camino College in Southern California, Our mascot is the Warriors.football%20logo.jpg

Our school in attempt to be more politicly correct uses the Arrow heard above for our sports teams but the campus is laden with native american warrior statues clearly implying that this is the so called warrior. I challenge you, if you will, to solve the dilemma of our age, how do you do a Native American Inspired logo without offending anyone.

Here for your help is the School's academic logo

Fun Fact our parking lot was used in the Dark Knight Rises

I like that last fact...hhhh

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

B8Uges7CIAEEdhU.png

Ah Ha! I found this one, I like it with the colors better than in black, white, and gray. I think the easiest was to improve it would be to remove the trees and the GHC script at the bottom.

I know its not a custom font, but when ever I look at the words in this logo I immediately think of the Skechers logo

factory_shop_brands_skechers_logo.jpg

JeKhnr9.png

Archived