NHL Association Football Crossover *Montreal*

1clkgtramg

I don't like using the Rockies logo as the Avs uniform.. I think the third should be the primary, and the blue Rockies should be the third... Also the blues second and third need more yellow... Minnesota, Anaheim and Edmonton are FLAWLESS

****EDIT****

I meant predators, I said blues.... I'm sorry for the confusion

Thanks for the kind words sir.

I realize there was no yellow in the Clash and Third for Nashville, that's because I was using a different era of colours. Someone else suggested I add yellow and I did but it actually started looking like the St Louis Blues - which it seems to already clash with haha. I did however add some detail to the collar of Nashville but it doesn't show to well so I will have to make an enlarged image to show it better. As for Colorado, I actually had the Burgundy/Blue look as the home but like Anaheim ones, I made 2 versions of the other colours and I ended up using the State colours as primaries - this was also due to the fact that the team is named after the entire state rather than Denver. But this is soccer so Home/Clash/Third is really irrelevant because all jerseys can be worn whenever, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what I label them as. :)

I was just saying I feel like the team woul use their current unis and have a throwback third. But the design for the Rockies is spot on, I definitely love it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just came across this concept series and I have to say all the clubs you have done so far has been top mate! I'm a big fan of both the country and state patches on the sleeves, nice touch mate!

Ducks: Great use of the original Ducks mask in the logo and the colors are perfect for football kits

Oilers: My hometown team looks great as Oil City AC. Just to confirm, there is only one professional football club in Edmonton: FC Edmonton of NASL. The Edmonton Drillers are a defunct team that played in the 80's and 90's.

Avalache: Great use of the state name vice the city and the crest is spot on.

Predators: Nice!

Wild: I have to say i am a huge fan of that hoops Minnesota United FC kits...beautiful!

Looking forward to the rest of this series!

I just came across this concept series and I have to say all the clubs you have done so far has been top mate! I'm a big fan of both the country and state patches on the sleeves, nice touch mate!

Ducks: Great use of the original Ducks mask in the logo and the colors are perfect for football kits

Oilers: My hometown team looks great as Oil City AC. Just to confirm, there is only one professional football club in Edmonton: FC Edmonton of NASL. The Edmonton Drillers are a defunct team that played in the 80's and 90's.

Wild: I have to say i am a huge fan of that hoops Minnesota United FC kits...beautiful!

It's about time you showed up :P

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it! And thanks for clarifications on the Edmonton teams, at least they both exist at some point haha.

I may post one more today, might be Montreal, not sure yet, but I'm pretty happy with it - despite my negative feelings for the team.

It's about time you showed up :P

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it! And thanks for clarifications on the Edmonton teams, at least they both exist at some point haha.

I may post one more today, might be Montreal, not sure yet, but I'm pretty happy with it - despite my negative feelings for the team.

I'm with ya on the negative feelings. FLY HIGH PHILLY

So I hate the Canadiens, but due to their strong French connection, there was a lot of opportunities here. With the Olympics in Montreal 1976, the Olympic Stadium and the failed NASL Montreal Olympique - as well as Marseille being my favourite French team - I thought I would name them Olympique de Montreal. The logo is a Bordeaux style crest and that's about where the similarities stop. I used the reverse Montreal flag/cross and simplified the FDL, Rose of Lancaster, Thistle and Shamrock taken from the flag and to keep some original Canadiens hockey logos in it, I put the blue maple leaf with the "C" inside of it - the nickname is still Canadiens so no one say anything! haha. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the crest.

The Stanley Cup stars are represented as 2 gold stars, accounting for 10 championships each. 2 more white stars make up 22 championships in total - the number of cup wins they have had since the NHL was the only league able to win the Cup. The 2 gold stars could be counted as 2 more making 24 - the total number of cup wins, regardless of the league.

The kits are my favourite part. Originally, I had an all red kit, but leaving out the iconic chest stripping wasn't working. I added it and I think it looks similar enough to the hockey counterpart while still maintaining the traditional soccer look - almost a horizontal PSG kit. The Clash is based heavily off of the Bayern Munich training kits. There is something about them that I love so much and wish it was an on-field kit. The Third is based off of the old Barber Pole look the Canadiens had, translates perfectly to a soccer jersey... Only problem is the back. I really hate cutting the back stripes off of kits so I opted for an outlined white number. It gets lost on the computer but I'm sure it would be visible on field... The Throwback is one of my favourite looks. It's a tribute to the Montreal Maroons, and the 2 stars signify the 2 cup wins the Maroons had.

Anyway, enough talk, here are the kits.

14668398769_b63b4bfd67_z.jpg
14668475987_393c8f3c46_z.jpg
14668475897_1f07c5cd84_z.jpg
14874895283_754aa7cacc_z.jpg

That Olympique de Montreal kits are really nice. Love the third kit (can never go wrong with hoops, especially socks) and the Nations throwback kit is spot on. Love that maroon color for a football club. Reminds me of Sparta Praha and their amazing kits.

All of this is solid work. Almost nothing to complain about, really. The only thing that throws me is just how loud and busy that Montreal third looks. I know why it's that way, but it's still a little much (full disclosure: I've never been a big fan of hoops anyway).

I absolutely love the Montreal clash kit. So simple, yet amazing.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

While I like the work you did, I don't get why the Canadiens would have a Maroons throwback/fauxback

They weren't the same team--the Habs & Maroons did co-exist...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

While I appreciate the positive comments, a few people don't understand what I'm doing. To set the record straight, I am basing the teams by their location. Similar to how the Colorado Avalanche has Colorado Rockies history, Minnesota Wild has North Stars history, Montreal Canadiens have Maroons and Wanderers history since it is in Montreal. I am trying to make it as Soccer oriented as possible and in Europe, the team rarely ever moves. So think of the Canadiens as a merger between the 3 teams as that is a common move rather than moving team to a different city like its a product rather than an actual team with loyal local fans.

• 5 months later...

3 questions. one is this thread dead. 2 do you have the adidas uni in a blank ms paint template and three Why are these not real store itms

there's this thing called private messaging. Please learn how to use it.

Fear the future, envy the past

Archived