Sports Video Games

TorinK92

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I have to say is FIFA 15...out today! Bring on the hours of fun destroying noobs on the pitch :P

I'll stick with my FIFA 13, I'm still quite content with the game despite the outdated rosters and no online play. The new one doesn't look all that bad though, did you get it on next gen? (Or rather, Xbox One or PS4?)

The ignite engine along with the premier league deal pretty much makes it worth it even if you have FIFA 14, it's truly more than a roster update this year. (Unless you have 14 on next-gen, then it's more just a presentation upgrade, but still a better game)

I only downloaded FIFA 15 mobile mostly because of the soundtrack.

Don't ask.

No need to, FIFA consistently produces the best soundtrack of any game, although this year's a little bit of a disappointment in that regard.

Also, anyone of you non top 4 (and Man United) teams fans feel that EA shortchanged your team ratings wise? There's a couple of downright criminal lowballs in Everton's squad I'd say (Stones in particular, he's 71, upgraded I think to 73, when he should be 75-77, arguably reaching up near 80)

Lukas Podolski: 77 (really!...BS)

Diego Váleri got 80. So he is three points better than Podolski and two points better than Kalou for example.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The only soundtrack I'd rate higher than FIFA is The Show.

Consistently great music.

I find The Show's music to be incredibly annoying this season.

I liked Maddens soundtracks when they had actual music instead of just instrumentals. Especially Madden 04's soundtrack.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Sports soundtracks are terrible. You get sick of the songs after a day or two. At least w/ the Madden instrumentals I can ignore them.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Anyone play Out Of The Park? It's a baseball simulation game. Allegedly it's got a super deep historical roster, going back to the early nineteen teens. The feature that really has me interested is the option to start a game in any year and have all the players from then to now randomly come up for the draft. For example Barry Bonds' career could span the 30's and Ted Williams could pop up in the 80's.

Sports soundtracks are terrible. You get sick of the songs after a day or two. At least w/ the Madden instrumentals I can ignore them.

I agree. Of all the songs on an average sports game, maybe one or two are actually good. I wish games would let you create a custom soundtrack with your own music. I think there are some games that already have a feature like that, but I just can't think of which ones right now.

I agree. Of all the songs on an average sports game, maybe one or two are actually good. I wish games would let you create a custom soundtrack with your own music. I think there are some games that already have a feature like that, but I just can't think of which ones right now.
I'm pretty sure NHL 2004 for the PC let you do it... or it just wasn't that hard to drag files into the right folder. Don't remember which.

Anyone play Out Of The Park? It's a baseball simulation game. Allegedly it's got a super deep historical roster, going back to the early nineteen teens. The feature that really has me interested is the option to start a game in any year and have all the players from then to now randomly come up for the draft. For example Barry Bonds' career could span the 30's and Ted Williams could pop up in the 80's.

Yep, I've played it for years. They have historical players back to 1871 I believe.

I haven't done historical in a long time though, I usually do fictional leagues.

niagaraq.png

Yep, I've played it for years. They have historical players back to 1871 I believe.

I haven't done historical in a long time though, I usually do fictional leagues.

I demo'd Outside of the Park baseball. Never tried the historical leagues, though.

OOTP would have been the perfect game for me when I had a little more free time, but it's so complex, I feel like it would've taken forever just to get comfortable with all that it entails, like player progression, etc. I also wasn't a fan of the ratings system a bit since I'm used to how it's structured in MLB The Show.

IUe6Hvh.png

I demo'd Outside of the Park baseball. Never tried the historical leagues, though.

OOTP would have been the perfect game for me when I had a little more free time, but it's so complex, I feel like it would've taken forever just to get comfortable with all that it entails, like player progression, etc. I also wasn't a fan of the ratings system a bit since I'm used to how it's structured in MLB The Show.

It is complex, especially for someone like me who isn't the most well versed in baseball nuances.

What's the furthest you guys have ever simmed a league?

I got to the first year player draft with the Mets, so into early June-ish. I didn't really factor in how much I would have to pay the elite draft picks and decided to start over, and never got that far again. Like you, I'm not well versed in baseball nuances and I don't know the MLB's contract stuff as much as I probably used to so that kind of factored into things.

I would have loved the game when I had a little less going on and life and could take the time to sim a few years to learn the game but for now I just stick with simulating MLB The Show since it's less involved.

IUe6Hvh.png

You can change the ratings system, there are several different options. But it does take some time, the newer versions are more intuitive.

It is complex, especially for someone like me who isn't the most well versed in baseball nuances.

What's the furthest you guys have ever simmed a league?

In fictional leagues I have gotten like 40 or 50 seaons couple times. I sim a lot though and don't do day-to-day stuff as much.

niagaraq.png

FIFA 15 is so, so, so much better than FIFA 14 on the next-gen consoles it's amazing.

Play flows really well this year and the games definitely seem to be more open. Only played around 20 games so far but I've already had a 3-3 and a 4-3 against the AI which is great.

Also your opponents actually commit fouls and get sent off. It's awesome.

6fQjS3M.png

FIFA 15 is so, so, so much better than FIFA 14 on the next-gen consoles it's amazing.

Play flows really well this year and the games definitely seem to be more open. Only played around 20 games so far but I've already had a 3-3 and a 4-3 against the AI which is great.

Also your opponents actually commit fouls and get sent off. It's awesome.

I agree fully with you Crash...FIFA 15 is a thing of absolute beauty on next-gen consoles compared to FIFA 14. I must have played 25 matches myself and it's great to see the emotional aspect of the game elevated now in FIFA 15 which dictates the change in the matches, from high octane cards being thrown out at everyone to slow methodical time killing by the opposing side. This newest version of the franchise is pretty damn close to the real thing :P

Ugh, I HATE that Xbox users have to use RBI 14 as our baseball game. I can understand Nintendo consol exclusives, but I'm not gonna buy a PS3/4 just for a baseball game, unless MLB The Show 14 is worth all of that money.

Also, NHL 15's AI is super rigged, like I was playing as a goalie and someone skated behind the net, and scored. And the AI didn't ever shoot, it was a dump in play in which a forward picked up the puck and skated behind the net. I then had to stop the game, go to my room, and count to ten so I didn't throw something a the TV. This is why EA is the worst game dev ever.

That's what- She

Archived