Sports Video Games

TorinK92

I'm hating the fact that there's no NCAA game for the next gen consoles. Then again, had they released, it probably would have been an incomplete pile of crap like all of EAs other first releases.

College Football USA '96 is where it's at!

Still love that game, though I'd personally suggest CF USA 97. Create a player and Custom Schedules, push it over the top for me

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kk6bznq.gif

I have 2 questions:

1. What is this game?

2. That's gotta be a hacker or computer, right?

This looks like something straight out of The Bigs (It doesn't appear that this is, but a catch like that would happen in that game).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Kk6bznq.gif

When did Derek Jeter start playing left field?

What amazes me most about this is that the guy hits that ball, and makes that jump to the EXACT AREA of the huge wall that happens to have an enormous ladder.

Edit: Also I love how there's one or two pedestrian camera flashes from the crowd, as they witness the most incredible catch in the history of sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've been playing Madden online and yesterday, I played a game where I scored the game-winning touchdown with 11 seconds left. I was using the Cowboys against the Niners. I basically hadn't thrown deep all game and for the winning touchdown I threw a 30 yard post to Dez.

Then today, I was playing against the Seahawks, returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and allowed three points on my opponents first possession. On my first offensive possession, the dude came out with his base defense but had them lined up very weirdly. 9 in the box with everyone heavily loaded on the strong side. He kept using this formation even if I had 5 WR's.

Needless to say, I won. He quit when I was up 14-3 and forced him to go 4 and out on his second possession. Why do people do this? I never quit because even if I'm losing badly, I use it as a learning experience.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I've been playing Madden online and yesterday, I played a game where I scored the game-winning touchdown with 11 seconds left. I was using the Cowboys against the Niners. I basically hadn't thrown deep all game and for the winning touchdown I threw a 30 yard post to Dez.

Then today, I was playing against the Seahawks, returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and allowed three points on my opponents first possession. On my first offensive possession, the dude came out with his base defense but had them lined up very weirdly. 9 in the box with everyone heavily loaded on the strong side. He kept using this formation even if I had 5 WR's.

Needless to say, I won. He quit when I was up 14-3 and forced him to go 4 and out on his second possession. Why do people do this? I never quit because even if I'm losing badly, I use it as a learning experience.

This is why I only ever play sports games against the CPU.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's really fun when you play someone with your skill level or higher. It's way more of a challenge. I never lose to the CPU, but I do lose to human controlled teams.

That's why I'm done with Madden. In last years game, the fun games against people that were my own skill level were few and far between. The rest of the games consisted mostly of me being considerably better than my opponent or people that exploited aspects of the game and just ran the same damn plays over and over again, which isn't fun to play against whether I can stop the plays or not. Another aspect that got old was defensive plays you could run and guarantee a pass rusher gets unblocked to the QB >50% of the time. And for whatever reason, Madden was just never fun to play single player like NCAA was. I could never find a skill level or set of sliders where the game wasn't either too easy or too hard and provided realistic stats/scores.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 2 weeks later...

While, it's not a console game I still have a story that I think fits in this thread. Remember those handheld baseball (or football basketball hockey, etc) electronic games, well when I was around 7 I got this Fox Sports Excalibur Baseball Handheld game. How the game works is when your batting you choose the location that you think the pitch is going to be and when your pitching you throw to where you think the batter is not going to guess. The game is practically impossible. Every time you get somewhat of a lead the computer will miraculously rack up 5 home runs in a row. I spent hours playing that game and not once have i ever beat the game. A few years later I got aWii and console games were the only thing i played and I forgot all about it. I found it again last year. I played that game furiously before i finally tied the computer in a game. Not a win. A tie. I picked up the game again yesterday, ( i considered the tie good enough for a while ) I hopped up to a 15-6 lead with one out in the 9th and I gave up home runs constantly and gave up a WALKOFF grand slam to lose 18-15. I restarted the game but I couldn't get past the first inning before the game would restart, so I did what I should have done a long time ago. I threw the rigged thing away.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

All I have to say is FIFA 15...out today! Bring on the hours of fun destroying noobs on the pitch :P

I'll stick with my FIFA 13, I'm still quite content with the game despite the outdated rosters and no online play. The new one doesn't look all that bad though, did you get it on next gen? (Or rather, Xbox One or PS4?)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

All I have to say is FIFA 15...out today! Bring on the hours of fun destroying noobs on the pitch :P

I'll stick with my FIFA 13, I'm still quite content with the game despite the outdated rosters and no online play. The new one doesn't look all that bad though, did you get it on next gen? (Or rather, Xbox One or PS4?)

The ignite engine along with the premier league deal pretty much makes it worth it even if you have FIFA 14, it's truly more than a roster update this year. (Unless you have 14 on next-gen, then it's more just a presentation upgrade, but still a better game)

I only downloaded FIFA 15 mobile mostly because of the soundtrack.

Don't ask.

No need to, FIFA consistently produces the best soundtrack of any game, although this year's a little bit of a disappointment in that regard.

Also, anyone of you non top 4 (and Man United) teams fans feel that EA shortchanged your team ratings wise? There's a couple of downright criminal lowballs in Everton's squad I'd say (Stones in particular, he's 71, upgraded I think to 73, when he should be 75-77, arguably reaching up near 80)

The ignite engine along with the premier league deal pretty much makes it worth it even if you have FIFA 14, it's truly more than a roster update this year. (Unless you have 14 on next-gen, then it's more just a presentation upgrade, but still a better game)

I only downloaded FIFA 15 mobile mostly because of the soundtrack.

Don't ask.

No need to, FIFA consistently produces the best soundtrack of any game, although this year's a little bit of a disappointment in that regard.

Also, anyone of you non top 4 (and Man United) teams fans feel that EA shortchanged your team ratings wise? There's a couple of downright criminal lowballs in Everton's squad I'd say (Stones in particular, he's 71, upgraded I think to 73, when he should be 75-77, arguably reaching up near 80)

I got the next-gen version of FIFA 15 on XBOX One. I actually went out to buy an XBOX One specifically for this game and one other.

The soundtrack on the FIFA game series are by far unparalleled....

As for Arsenal's FIFA 15 ratings...not totally impressed either

Goalkeepers:

Wojciech Szczesny: 80

David Ospina: 77

Damien Martinez: 63

Defenders:

Per Mertesacker: 83

Laurent Koscielny: 81

Mathieu Debuchy: 80

Kieran Gibbs: 78

Nacho Monreal: 76

Calum Chambers: 70

Hector Bellerin: 61

Midfielders:

Mesut Ozil: 86

Santi Cazorla: 84

Aaron Ramsey: 83

Jack Wilshere: 81

Theo Walcott: 81

Mikel Arteta: 80 (I'm sorry not worth an 80..he's :censored:e!)

Tomas Rosicky: 80

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: 78 (deserves a higher rating than Arteta)

Mathieu Flamini: 77

Lukas Podolski: 77 (really!...BS)

Abou Diaby: 76

Joel Campbell: 75

Serge Gnabry: 70

Francis Coquelin: 70

Gedion Zelalem: 62

Samuel Galindo: 61 (why do they show him when he's on a season long loan)

Forwards:

Alexis Sanchez: 84

Olivier Giroud: 79

Danny Welbeck: 78

Yaya Sanogo: 69

Chuba Akpom: 58

Archived