All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2018 Open Wheel Race Chat

Bumping because we have some F1 cars debuting with the halo & minus the sharkfin First up we have Haas Williams: Aston Martin Red Bull (testing livery, they haven't said this is official yet) More coming soon.
  3. 2018 NASCAR Season Thread

Its not just that, his grandfather is also Richard Childress so theres another historical connection to Dale Sr.
  4. Im gonna go with rays in 6 but should be a great series either way.
  5. 2018 NASCAR Season Thread

Much as I hate to admit it, yeah. Aric (or any driver in Dillon’s place) would have done the exact same thing. Still doesn’t make it a scum move though. Almirola was a class act post-race. While i’m No fan of Austin Dillion (even before this race) It also does bother me that every time that they talk about him, they Always find a way to make it about Dale Sr. Just because he drives the 3 car.
  6. NBA Changes 2017-18

Also because Terrence Ross already pulled this gimmick a few years back (with the right jersey too).
  7. 2018 NASCAR Season Thread

Any driver would've done what Dillon did with a half a lap to go.
  8. MLB in 2020 - Cincinnati Reds (22/30)

Are those red buttons on the alternate jersey? If so, I say that's a great idea!
  9. MLB in 2020 - Cincinnati Reds (22/30)

I just noticed that the headspoon piping is missing from the back of the Reds home jersey.
  10. 2018 NASCAR Season Thread

A lot of people whined about how Austin won, basically dumping Almirola. All these armchair quarterbacks; tell me. Wouldn't you do exactly what Austin Dillon did to win?
  11. Today
  12. RT @IsaacLHarris: Literally dying at these reactions. Fergie with the worst rendition ever. Embiid 😂😂😂 https://t.co/ociAsWf0LC

13. American Volleyball Associaton - Brooklyn

Brooklyn: love the name and the secondary. Not sold on the primary. Is that the Barclays Center font? If so, it makes sense, but it looks a little too "clean." The volleyball also kinda looks like an afterthought. There's a lot of mainly transportation-related typography (that isn't Helvetica) that just screams "Brooklyn" (or at least NYC) to me, but their age and imperfections don't fit with the clean, modern look of the knight. I'm at a loss for what suggestions there are to bring those together.
  14. Bottom right is the most muscular, for lack of a better word.
  15. 2018 MLB Hot Stove Season

Strangely, I'm a little optimistic as there's a ton of unknown with the Rays roster (which likely isn't settled). The Dickerson move confused me, but the Rays do have 10 days to work out a trade, and camp just started Sunday so this was their way of saying "we plan to trade you, so no need to report to Port Charlotte for camp"
  16. I love this. For Detroit I think just the fist is enough of a reference for people to get to what you're alluding. A regular D with exhaust pipes coming off the bottom would work for me. Nice work for Chicago. I like bottom right the most.
  17. Grey Wolves fans: Kansas City, thats a nice 3-1 lead you got there... be a shame if someone... came back... this is a tough one, I like both teams, ill go with Seattle since the popular pick is Miami
  18. I'm sure the players are just thrilled to have to keep flying back and forth between Miami and Seattle... There's a chance Syong Li might literally fall asleep on the ice.
  19. Read my Feb 19 Newsletter featuring “Andy Kennedy Steps Down After 12 Seasons, Effective Immediately” https://t.co/pCwDTJ4gHO

20. In MLB I could see where that could be an implied power... the Major League Constitution and the way its organizational structure is set up, the Office of the Commissioner has powers that could be really, really broadly interpreted. But there's nothing in the document itself that legislates it one way or the other. I can't disagree with you regarding MLS either, but that's more a "marks control" issue than a "can they rebrand at all" question. The LLC Agreement references what are essentially individual franchise agreements in its language, making it possible that team operators had to give up brand control; but in the master documents there's no mention of it. That must've been an edict of the expansion committee specific to the process then. There's nothing in the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, or their subordinate resolutions (side note: the NFL needs to seriously overhaul their governing documents, compiling everything into one master document; as it is, it's a mess) that establish any hard, fast restrictions. FWIW, I'm all in favor of the leagues controlling branding, across the board and without exception. I think it's imperative from a licensing/merchandising standpoint, and that if anything the process of naming teams should be reversed: with the leagues telling prospective franchise owners, "These are the options for a name... these are options for identities we've developed for these names... pick a name, then pick the marks, then cut us the check for $800 million for your franchise."
  21. I like bottom right the best. The gray doesn't pop enough for me off the slate background.
  22. Interesting Field Designs

That is an all-time endzone design right there.
  23. Interesting Field Designs

I couldn't find pictures (and I really, really tried), put the Patriots used to put the team name (not the actual/official wordmark, if memory serves me) behind the endzones at Schaefer Stadium in the late 70s. That still may have been the case in 1981. EDIT: You can see it at the 1:57, 7:47 and 9:10 marks of this video. SECOND EDIT: I've never noticed this before, but Joe Washington is wearing a different helmet at the end of the game than at the beginning. He went from an old school double bar mask to a 70s-80s style RB mask.
  24. You’re not annoying me. That Ravens concept looks like something I would come up with.
  25. ldconcepts' NHL Identity Swap Series (ANA/NJD Added)

The Devil Ducks! So good
  26. MLB changes 2018?

I thought the same thing. I was looking at the old "D" caps and comparing them to the logos on nearly all the MLB caps (only the Cubs "c" seems small now). I wore the hat all weekend. I got positive responses from all that saw it "live" instead of in a picture. It looks better than I thought it would.
  27. NUEVO POST: Camiseta Joma de Boston River 2018 https://t.co/F09g4E7dXI

1. Load more activity