Toronto Blue Jays suing Creighton Bluejays to stop using new logo

BrianLion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone complaining about Toronto taking action just doesn't understand things. They may be doing this just as a formality, then settle with creighton by charging them a $1 licensing fee or something silly like that, just so they maintain the right to go after legit counterfeiters.

That being said, I still wouldn't blame them if they took it further. That would be a shame though, as we'd lose a good logo as a result (unless the settlement was just that Toronto gets to "take" it instead of monetary damages" - unlikely though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not an exaggerated cartoonish intimidating pose though. It's very natural looking.

I'd call it "aggressive", not "intimidating".

And I don't think one is really much better than the other, but I'd lean toward creighton because I think it's a better update for Toronto then what they went with.

Now toronto's OG logo on the other hand is very close to perfect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's the deal with Southern Miss and Iowa anyway? The ruling was 3 years ago and Southern Miss is still using the logo.

Perhaps Southern Miss licensed it from Iowa?

I found this article that's mostly behind a paywall, but it seems to suggest that the Southern Miss logo will be paired with text to distinguish it. I looked at their online shop, and almost all the merch with the bird head has text with it.

http://archive.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120226/SOUTHERNMISS/120225018/COLUMN-Iowa-USM-logo-dispute-nears-end

What's the deal with Southern Miss and Iowa anyway? The ruling was 3 years ago and Southern Miss is still using the logo.

I found this article that's mostly behind a paywall, but it seems to suggest that the Southern Miss logo will be paired with text to distinguish it. I looked at their online shop, and almost all the merch with the bird head has text with it.

http://archive.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120226/SOUTHERNMISS/120225018/COLUMN-Iowa-USM-logo-dispute-nears-end

So, Creighton could potentially just make this their primary logo and call it a day?

creighton_c-logo.jpg

So, Creighton could potentially just make this their primary logo and call it a day?

creighton_c-logo.jpg

Might as well.

We don't want the poor little Toronto Blue Jays losing its identity or anything to a small school that most people don't even think about until March Madness rolls around.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Just read the whole thread and for those claiming that Creighton's logo is too intimidating and unnaturally aggressive, have you BEEN around real Blue Jays?

Those things are like the kamikaze flyers of the neighborhood. I've seen them attack large dogs and even humans because they're ridiculously freakin territorial.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Just read the whole thread and for those claiming that Creighton's logo is too intimidating and unnaturally aggressive, have you BEEN around real Blue Jays?

Those things are like the kamikaze flyers of the neighborhood. I've seen them attack large dogs and even humans because they're ridiculously freakin territorial.

Maybe, but they don't have the facial muscles to snarl (I'm guessing, I'm not an ornithologist). FWIW, I think Creighton's logo is a nice alternative to the Toronto path; I hope they can get their trademark if they always keep the C behind it.

Archived