Fictional Hockey League (MS Paint) 8 of 30 Teams (GRAND RAPIDS ADDED)

ChuckDownfield

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final updates for San Francisco and Sin City are done, we'll start with Sin City:

Fixed:

-Lowered stripes on socks

2mx0b9s.png

70cm8i.png

Now for San Francisco.

Fixed:

-Waves on hem stripe now move in same direction

-Sleeve striping altered

-Sock striping changed to match sleeves

-Switched from black pants to navy

wtwp5y.png

2akxmp.png

Next team will be posted VERY SHORTLY.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

For Omaha, I settled on some pretty basic uniform design. The only unique thing is the short stripes on the sides, which are meant to represent war paint.

2d0kpbm.png

10nz6gp.png

It will probably take a little longer for me to post my next team, as I don't have one in the works yet. So give me a ton of C&C on these! Thank you to all of you who have commented on this thread. I was so happy with the reception I got for the first two teams, and I hope you all enjoy the thread through to its completion.

30vja50.png

Wow they look really great, mostly the primary logo.

On the jerseys it looks like they aren't to the centre. Lower them a bit and slightly move to the right.

Also it seems that there isn't burgundy on the pants, add a stripe and it would look great.

Other than that, I don't see any flaws, they both look great.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Wow they look really great, mostly the primary logo.

On the jerseys it looks like they aren't to the centre. Lower them a bit and slightly move to the right.

Also it seems that there isn't burgundy on the pants, add a stripe and it would look great.

Other than that, I don't see any flaws, they both look great.

I think the logo may appear that way because of the weight the left side of it holds. If not, it could be off-center :P. The pants are without the burgundy, I was just afraid to put too many stripes on the pants. Looking at it now though, the pants would probably benefit from the additional stripe.

30vja50.png

That is the best Paint logo EVER done. Real amazing. For the jerseys I woud add some more red to the away jersey to somewhat match for color balancing

Thanks man, although I've seen some insane paint concepts (trust me, mine is not nearly the best) I appreciate the compliment. For the away, I wanted the primary focus to be on green (kind of like the New York Giants do with blue at home/red away) but I did try it with burgundy sleeves. I'll post it in a bit to give you a chance to see it that way.

30vja50.png

Coming from a fellow Painter, These are pretty good, Chuck. I like the warriors logo, but the teeth bug me, mainly because it makes the skull look half human, half cat.

You may have inspired me to share some of my recent work ;) quick question, though. Do you hand-draw these logos then trace in paint, or start from scratch?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Your Paint skills are putting my Illustrator skills to shame. So very well done, indeed.

The thing throwing me about Omaha is the skull. What is that based on exactly? Initial thought was a cat, considering the profile and the teeth.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I'd recommend anyone who uses Paint as an excuse to look at this thread. These are very impressive for paint, very nice job!

Curious, how long did it take to make those logos?

As for the jerseys I'm not sure I like the waves on the hem. I think what would be cool would be having the stripes like you do on the arms but where the yellow is have the wave striping..then outline that in gold ...just a thought. Nice job so far.

Thanks MrWonka. The time it takes me to make a logo varies a lot dependent on how intricate a logo is. Usually you're looking at about 1-3 hours, but some can take me longer.

Coming from a fellow Painter, These are pretty good, Chuck. I like the warriors logo, but the teeth bug me, mainly because it makes the skull look half human, half cat.

You may have inspired me to share some of my recent work ;) quick question, though. Do you hand-draw these logos then trace in paint, or start from scratch?

Thanks man! I do both hand drawn logos and from scratch paint logos. All the logos on this thread were started from scratch on paint. B)

Your Paint skills are putting my Illustrator skills to shame. So very well done, indeed.

The thing throwing me about Omaha is the skull. What is that based on exactly? Initial thought was a cat, considering the profile and the teeth.

Thanks jdp! As for the skull, I wasn't really looking to make it like a realistic human skull. I wanted to capture more of the spirit of the warrior, and thought I would get the more gritty and aggressive elements out of a sort of 'battle enhanced' human skull. I did do a more realistic skull concept way back. You can see it here.

30vja50.png

For those who are interested, this is the (incredibly rough version) of the cities map for the NAHF. There is also a list of cities divided into two conferences and six divisions.

2i6mj37.png

Please, do not suggest different cities or a different alignment for the divisions. Those have already been decided, and I'm posting them only for the sake of peoples' curiosity. If there is a glaring issue with the cities or divisions that you really think I should know, pm me. The names of the teams are still undecided, so while I do encourage suggestions, I ask that you pm them to me instead of putting them up in the thread. This is just to avoid clutter. Thank you guys for your understanding, and for all of the great feedback I have gotten so far. Omaha update coming soon!

30vja50.png

I'd recommend anyone who uses Paint as an excuse to look at this thread. These are very impressive for paint, very nice job!

Curious, how long did it take to make those logos?

As for the jerseys I'm not sure I like the waves on the hem. I think what would be cool would be having the stripes like you do on the arms but where the yellow is have the wave striping..then outline that in gold ...just a thought. Nice job so far.

I don't blame the equipment. I blame the fact I stink at logo design in the hand drawn form. Especially when I base it on a real league cause as most of you have figured out by now am really only the guy who pays attention to racing. However thanks to some words from a couple of veterans of ccsln I am reinventing my approach.

Nice job on this set and looking forward to more

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Uniforms are super simple to match the color scheme.

20z3cwy.png

2diruj7.png

I really like the away version, for some reason, but I feel like the jerseys would look better with the secondary logo, can you try that?

As for the Warriors you are correct about the placement, sorry about that, the feathers had less weight than the skull, and so it seemed as though it wasn't centred.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Archived