2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

14 minutes ago, twi said:

Something *might* be changing with the numbers for 2017-18. We're ordering our NHL kits for the upcoming season and have been advised to "not order anything for beyond the upcoming season" as "right now things are up in the air". 

I'm betting kiss cuts, like mlb did. 

That said, Adidas takeover is likely why. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I'm betting kiss cuts, like mlb did. 

That said, Adidas takeover is likely why. 

Wouldn't surprise me, some teams already do their lettering in kiss cut fashion. Interesting you mention MLB, as sublimated designs on the numbers like the 4th of July and other specialty jerseys is something that could come along for WCs and SSs. 

Adidas takeover is exactly why. Some numbering styles/details may change. 

I'd like to see the Hawks return to the thicker outlines they used in the 1980s and early '90s. I'd like to see the pre-1999 crest come back, too, but I know that's never happening.

I recently got a 2000s Oilers 3rd, and was surprised to find the numbers were kiss-cut. It seems like that requires a fair bit of extra labor. Is that actually the case?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 8/17/2016 at 3:25 PM, Webhamster said:

The earliest they could move into a new arena, if everything falls into place perfectly (which it never does), would be 2021.  I'd say 2023-2027 is more likely knowing how slowly things work in Ottawa with the 4 levels of bureaucracy one has to go through to get anything done.  The mere fact that the city and the NCC have been trying to re-develop Lebreton Flats since 1965 with absolutely no action says to me that, if it even happens (far from a sure thing), it'll be closer to 2027 or later (even 2030) at least.  Let's be clear, all the Senators got was an opportunity to negotiate with the NCC to develop the property.  They still need to line up the money, the investors, draw up blueprints, get approvals, etc, etc, etc.  It's still going to be a long haul.

All that to say, I sure hope we're not stuck with those uniforms for another 5, 10, or even 15 years before a change happens.

I think that there is a ton of pressure on the NCC and the new Liberal government to finally do something with the land, and it seems like they have become more flexible when it comes to what they want on the land. Allegedly when Ottawa was initially awarded the expansion franchise ownership approached the NCC about building the arena at Lebreton. The NCC nixed the idea because they didn't feel that a privately owned sports facility was of "national significance". They seem to have changed their minds now.

Even if the Sens overhaul their uniforms in the next few years, we're unfortunately going to get stuck with a boring red Alfredsson banner, with the dull, generic font from the current home and aways. In a perfect world the team would be hanging a banner looking something like this:

Senators%20heritage%20Classic%20Jersey%2 

Speaking of banners, I have trying to make templates for each team's number banners and while doing Dallas I noticed something...

mike-modano-nhl-columbus-blue-jackets-da

If you look at the North Stars logo on the first three, it has the N and star green both outlined in yellow. That was never a logo used by the team (at least according to this site). The star has always been yellow with a green outline.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

No way that's just a white version of the current alternate...  For starters, the collar is different and the area of orange is too large to represent the alternate's rounded shoulder yoke.    My bet is that we see something entirely different.  Unless of course, they are bringing back the widely despised alternate from 2002 with the chromed logo.

5 hours ago, hockey week said:

I noticed that we've completely forgotten about this new jersey

iiNUtC9GkY54lzBVmWtzmnJvBm4HwkxantTFfBaS

Is anyone else betting on a white version of their current third jersey?

Has anybody heard anything on what this might look like? Even rumors?

No we, or at least I, haven't. There just hasn't been any news. This pic was posted on the Flyers site awhile ago, showing a little bit of white material there. I sincerely hope they don't use the old, orange, alternate jersey to represent 50 years of the franchise, but the black collar, orange top, and where the little white bit starts would support that theory. 

50thJerseyTeaseVideo.jpg

Primeau3rdJersey2001.jpg

My random theory/hope is that it'll be some sort of homage/reimagining of the old Flyers alumni jerseys. For a team that has an identity of orange and black, I think the color balance of the jersey at least is a good representation of that.

Alumni.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Yeah, that's how their original black alts should've been. I think there was too much white on that one, whereas orange sleeves would've made for a better look. That and ditching the orange jerseys for the black full-time made those sour on everybody. The Flyers should always be first and foremost an orange team, but a black alt if done right would be nice

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

16 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Speaking of banners, I have trying to make templates for each team's number banners and while doing Dallas I noticed something...

mike-modano-nhl-columbus-blue-jackets-da

If you look at the North Stars logo on the first three, it has the N and star green both outlined in yellow. That was never a logo used by the team (at least according to this site). The star has always been yellow with a green outline.

I can't believe I didn't notice that. Good eye!

13 hours ago, Timaa said:

No we, or at least I, haven't. There just hasn't been any news. This pic was posted on the Flyers site awhile ago, showing a little bit of white material there. I sincerely hope they don't use the old, orange, alternate jersey to represent 50 years of the franchise, but the black collar, orange top, and where the little white bit starts would support that theory. 

50thJerseyTeaseVideo.jpg

Primeau3rdJersey2001.jpg

Am I the only person who actually kinda likes this jersey?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

16 minutes ago, Morgo said:

These Blues uniforms are so garish compared to the perfection that is their main set.  And what's the word mark below the main crest...  Did Vancouver teach them nothing?

8HAsoU4.jpg

I think it says alumni under the logo. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Nope, I think it looks great.  If the logo didn't have the chrome outlines and silver striping, it would be even better.  Might be wishful thinking but maybe that's what we are going to see.

2 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Except for the logo, I actually do like it, but I don't think it should be brought back to represent 50 years of Flyers hockey.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived