2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Are the rest of the Expansion Six observing their 50th anniversaries? I could go for some Minnesota North Stars and Oakland Seals one-offs.

The Sharks are having an "Oakland Seals" night where they're giving away Seals shirts, but that's about it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Sharks are having an "Oakland Seals" night where they're giving away Seals shirts, but that's about it.

With their connection to the organization being pretty thin, this is a solid move. Honor the heritage, without focusing on it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

12 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

With their connection to the organization being pretty thin, this is a solid move. Honor the heritage, without focusing on it.

I would beg to differ here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The original (1967-69) and the final Golden Seals uni (teal with the shoulder and cuff stripes) were both fantastic, and I will throw hands to defend their honor.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The last Seals set is pretty sharp in spite of the uninspired script.  Teal and Yellow is a really attractive and rarely used colour scheme.  What I don't like is the idea of it cutting into the real estate of a vastly superior uniform, logo and overall identity.  If it was brought back as one night deal, that'd be fine.

16 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The original (1967-69) and the final Golden Seals uni (teal with the shoulder and cuff stripes) were both fantastic, and I will throw hands to defend their honor.

I love the final Seals uniform and the yellow/green one in the middle. The original, meh, the Whalers and Canucks did green/blue better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I thought someone would ask me why that is, i guess not......

But the reason is: Gary turns 70 that season 

;)

Darwin, I'm asking a favor in 2021

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

On 8/31/2016 at 11:59 AM, bkknight95 said:

I think the last were the Leafs. 

MapleLeafs48.png

And the Stars. Both teams dropped their white alternates after the 2010-11 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 8/31/2016 at 11:59 AM, bkknight95 said:

I think the last were the Leafs. 

MapleLeafs48.png

The Leafs made a HUGE mistake by not the alternate white template as their new away look and not using the same jersey hemline and those distinctive socks. 

Hopefully, this will be corrected at some point. 

On 9/6/2016 at 0:10 PM, spartacat_12 said:

seals.jpgI wouldn't mind it if the Sharks brought these back for one night. They could even have the wordmark say Sharks instead  

I'd actually like to see a mock-up of this style jersey as a faux back for the Sharks, where the script says Sharks, the jersey is their color teal and the stripes are black instead of yellow. 

Archived