2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

5 hours ago, twi said:

I'm actually just curious how the Thrashers became the Coyotes in between posts there to fit your prediction, but hey, it seems like it's made you unreasonably happy so good for you. Gold star for finding a two line blurb that kinda sorta relates to your original post. 

Turning back to the adult table, 

Because the message of that was that the Jets are the Thrashers and don't have the right to dress as the 72-96 Jets, the Coyotes do (they don't), which is a cause commonly championed by lame-o hockey progressives. Don't act like you don't know. You don't impress me one bit. I don't care who you sell gloves to.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Because the message of that was that the Jets are the Thrashers and don't have the right to dress as the 72-96 Jets, the Coyotes do (they don't), which is a cause commonly championed by lame-o hockey progressives. Don't act like you don't know. You don't impress me one bit. I don't care who you sell gloves to.

Yeah, not the same thing. Glad you remember what I do. :)

I'll try and be more impressive to the anonymous guy on the Internet. 

P.S. Last Monday it was Espo. Skates too. :)

18 hours ago, Morgo said:

ZlBZ110.png

This is most likely a test to see what kind of response these new proposed primary and secondary logos receive.

If all goes well and they don't get torn to shreds, you're looking at next year's new San Jose Sharks logos. They may also simply make a few adjustments, if something gets pointed out enough times and the message comes across. That's what I think anyways...

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Because the message of that was that the Jets are the Thrashers and don't have the right to dress as the 72-96 Jets, the Coyotes do (they don't), which is a cause commonly championed by lame-o hockey progressives.

4317534537_928fa35211.jpg

Also, lulz at "lame-o hockey progressives." If you're angling for Coach's Corner after Grapes bites it, I'm afraid you're going to fall short in the paperwork.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

......you're looking at next year's new San Jose Sharks logos.....

Let's hope so. The current logos look so "blah" compared to these ones. I felt the same way about the original logos once the current ones came out. Each set improves upon the previous.

The Catch of the Day!

On 2016-08-09 at 2:53 PM, McCarthy said:

I wonder if they heard all our cracks about choking on the stick. 

You might be right, lol...

If they are reading this, they need to add in a redesigned lurking fin logo, like the one they used on the shoulders in the 90s...

180.png

It's the only thing missing. Add the fin and the logo set is complete.

46 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Also, lulz at "lame-o hockey progressives." If you're angling for Coach's Corner after Grapes bites it, I'm afraid you're going to fall short in the paperwork.

My issue with the hivemind isn't even the issues, for the most part, it's the fact that they're all terrible communicators. Dave Lozo can't talk. Ryan Lambert can't write. Greg Wyshynski can't do either. Matt McClure can't cope with his blog posts being replied to. I don't understand why beating up on Canadian teams and fanbases, Winnipeg in particular, has become an important component of the internet hockey checklist alongside "puck possession is all that matters" and "I want PK Subban's sack in my mouth," but it is, and I don't think it's serving anyone well, especially in the hands of such poor writers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, NeverSayNever said:

Agreed with many of the posts that the new Sharks logo is overly illustrative. 

The attached with ever so slight adjustments... so much more iconic... and timeless.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 3.19.03 PM.png

I would take the new Sharks' shark 100 times out of 100 over that.  How many NHL primaries are actually as simple as "we" demand new logos to be?

How many NHL primaries are actually as simple as "we" demand new logos to be?

Ready for the answer?

Ducks. Sabres. Flames. Hurricanes. Stars. Oilers. Canadians. Devils. Islanders. Flyers. Blues. Lightning. Maple Leafs. All as simple or more simple than the attached sample of "CLEAN"...

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 4.50.50 PM.png

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya, right into your eyes. Y’know, the thing about a shark, he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When he comes after ya, he doesn’t seem to be livin’ until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white, and then – aww, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin’, the ocean turns red, and in spite of all the poundin’ and the hollerin’, they all come in and rip ya to pieces…

Movie and name of character for 100 Art???

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 5.04.32 PM.png

Those secondary logos for the Sharks aren't too bad; they actually look more vicious than the current ones. As for them having too much detail? Eh, maybe a little, but I'd rather have too much detail than something that looks completely flat, especially for an animal logo like the Sharks.

50 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

You might be right, lol...

If they are reading this, they need to add in a redesigned lurking fin logo, like the one they used on the shoulders in the 90s...

180.png

It's the only thing missing. Add the fin and the logo set is complete.

I wouldn't mind this being the primary logo full time.

Archived