2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Except nobody has said "screw Atlanta". As far as Winnipeg is concerned, they have the Jets back. The fans simply don't and have no reason to care about their time as the Thrashers. Why would they? I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that's just how it is.

I always saw their use of double blue as a carryover from the Thrashers, albeit reversed and the lighter shade adjusted. Navy remaining the primary colour like it originally was for the Thrashers. If you look at it that way their uniform now is already quite similar.

As a sidenote; for something that was hastily cobbled together at the last minute, the current Jets look has really grown on me.

I believe you have the reason for my general insult of all confused. I don't think the Jets should pay tribute to my Thrashers at all. I would be even more PO'd if they did that. My screw you was for the constant sh!tting on the Thrasher's branding. No jersey has been as loved in the ATL as the baby blue Thrasher threads. I still get complements on mine when I wear it around. But alas I know I'm fighting an impossible battle because we're dead and gone. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I believe you have the reason for my general insult of all confused. I don't think the Jets should pay tribute to my Thrashers at all. I would be even more PO'd if they did that. My screw you was for the constant sh!tting on the Thrasher's branding. No jersey has been as loved in the ATL as the baby blue Thrasher threads. I still get complements on mine when I wear it around. But alas I know I'm fighting an impossible battle because we're dead and gone. 

Saying a jersey sucks=/=s***ing on an entire city.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

6 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I'm not sure that's true.  The 80s Hawks, the 70s Braves, even the current Braves are probably above the Thrashers' baby blue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, insert name said:

I always did like their original white uniforms. I thought this was their best look.

Yes.  A baby blue version would have given them a great looking set.  Just replace white with blue and add a thin white stripe to the maroon piping.  The sleeve word mark was never a really good idea to begin with.

I think the thrashers will go down in nhl lore as a team who got it right the first time (even the original "true blue" uniform was a good/unique look for them) who then finished their short existence with some of the worst uniforms to ever grace in the league. those red alternates... need I say more?

The piping and weird RBK template (the flyers had the same template briefly) on their white edge uniforms were AWFUL and I mean awful.

The cherry on top was that the "true blue" uniform was completely ruined by the terrible reebok templating (that the Avs sadly still use) and worst of all, the red/white piping on the shoulders and under-arm design was inexplicably reversed from: white separating the dark blue and red --> red separating the white and dark blue. it's a bad little detail that not everyone picks up on, I don't think.

Those dark blue uniforms above tho... Beauts. That's one of my favorite jerseys that I own. Good color balance throughout that full uniform set, with the slightly touch of light blue on the simple "T" logo, and then white is only found on the numbers, further emphasizing that the yellow looks pretty nice separating the red and blue. Love that color balance

17 minutes ago, Bayne said:

Atlanta never really looked good. Just admit it.

Yeah...I'm starting to agree with that. 

They looked unique...which can be appreciated for what it's worth. I think we all have a soft spot for ridiculous jerseys that give us a reason for talking about how crazy they were...and we can like them for that, but it doesn't make them good.

When they were new, I liked that original blue jersey the best...now I'm seeing how much of a mess it is. The white jersey is better, but not by much. The powder blues were a mess all their own.

Just too many bumper stickers, too many features, too many odd patterns, too many designs...at the time, it looked alright, but in hindsight...way too busy.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's the second time I've been beaten to the punch on logo news today :P

At first glance, I like them except the third logo with the partial shark. The shark seems to either 1) have too many teeth, or 2) it shows too much teeth.

Still pretty decent though. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 minute ago, mr.nascar13 said:

That's the second time I've been beaten to the punch on logo news today :P

At first glance, I like them except the third logo with the partial shark. The shark seems to either 1) have too many teeth, or 2) it shows too much teeth.

Still pretty decent though. 

You can never show too much teeth...haha

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

This would look great on the front of a sweater.

CpcDkxJVIAAeUgW.jpg

Wish they'd lighten that teal, though.

EDIT: I also kind of wish it was a little more vertical.  The logo is awfully horizontal, and I think the best hockey logos have either a squareish layout or are slightly taller than they are wide.

San-Jose-Sharks-Reebok-Premier-Replica-A

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

I think we are witnessing the slow torturous death of the orange. I am ecstatic.

Even if they keep the orange, if they limit it's usage to the Shark's eye color only (as seen above), they won't need to spread it on anything else and it'll look perfect that way. Orange is an excellent tertiary or accent color for the logos in this color scheme. But I agree not to use it on the jerseys.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

This would look great on the front of a sweater.

CpcDkxJVIAAeUgW.jpg

It's a pretty cool update...the teeth just look weird (and ridiculously unrealistic)  It looks like the shark got veneer implants and is trying to show them off by constantly laughing at bad jokes.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived