2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I apologize in advance if this seems a little bit random but there is something that I have been wanting to ask for a while. I have been sending concepts to Icethetics for over two years and in that time, after sending many concepts, I have only been featured once. I was wondering if there is anyone else who is in the same situation as me. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I apologize in advance if this seems a little bit random but there is something that I have been wanting to ask for a while. I have been sending concepts to Icethetics for over two years and in that time, after sending many concepts, I have only been featured once. I was wondering if there is anyone else who is in the same situation as me. 

There are probably tons. My advice- send them in to HJC. With C&C, in half a year I completely upped my game. It took me half a year to have one posted on the concepts page, and now I'm the most featured artist of 2016 on Icethetics.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

18 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

There are probably tons. My advice- send them in to HJC. With C&C, in half a year I completely upped my game. It took me half a year to have one posted on the concepts page, and now I'm the most featured artist of 2016 on Icethetics.

I think I will definitely consider doing that because I think that waiting as long as I have is getting to be a little much. I spent a lot of time making my concepts and so far, I feel like all my hard work has been for nothing. Thanks for the advice. 

23 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Arizona, Florida and Carolina all belong on the list, but there are differences in the reasoning. 

Arizona, for instance. I think they are a market that could have work. The fact that they haven't, for so long, means it's time to pull the plug. They've been consistently mismanaged, including the Glendale move. Moving your hockey team to the outskirts, in a non-traditional market, is a bad call. I think that Florida only solidifies that. 

Agree with you on Arizona and their Glendale situation. If they moved the team towards downtown Phoenix there is so much opportunity considering the largest populated college in the nation is located about 10 minutes away.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played the NHL 17 beta for a while. They have a pretty amazing team creator this year that let's you take current and retro logos and recolor them to your liking. Arena and Jersey options are pretty in depth as well. 

Also, now that I have seen the new Panthers unis a few times I have come full circle. They look amazing! Especially the whites 

We haven't argued about the Mighty Ducks being too cartoony for a few days, so I'm going to introduce Exhibit 537: Anaheim's Opening Night ceremony and trainwreck, featuring the dancing candlestick from Beauty and the Beast, the best duck-related animation I've seen, a Be Our Guest parody that should be the mandatory goal song now, a rock song about the Ducks that's almost as bad, and Ron Tugnutt.

I sincerely hope that the first game for Las Vegas will be less embarrassing than this.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On 7/29/2016 at 6:09 PM, bowld said:

Just played the NHL 17 beta for a while. They have a pretty amazing team creator this year that let's you take current and retro logos and recolor them to your liking. Arena and Jersey options are pretty in depth as well. 

Also, now that I have seen the new Panthers unis a few times I have come full circle. They look amazing! Especially the whites 

A buddy of mine from work told me about NHL 17 Beta. He told me that Johnny Canuck can be used as a primary logo option for the Canucks jersey and it can be placed at centre ice as well. I want to see that! :)

13 hours ago, hockey week said:

We haven't argued about the Mighty Ducks being too cartoony for a few days, so I'm going to introduce Exhibit 537: Anaheim's Opening Night ceremony and trainwreck, featuring the dancing candlestick from Beauty and the Beast, the best duck-related animation I've seen, a Be Our Guest parody that should be the mandatory goal song now, a rock song about the Ducks that's almost as bad, and Ron Tugnutt.

I sincerely hope that the first game for Las Vegas will be less embarrassing than this.

More embarassing than an NHL-Disney tie-in promotion for the Magic Kingdom? I don't see how it possibly could be.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Since it's August in hockeyland and news is hard to come by, I thought I would just chime in with this random bit of Brian Burke Aesthetics Strikes Again.

I was watching a feature on Tkachuk's son (Matthew?) being drafted by the Flames. A camera crew followed him around on draft day to capture what that whirlwind of a day is like for 18-year-old kids.

It became a running joke throughout the 5-minute clip they showed on the NHL Network how Tkachuk would show off his new Flames duds (Dad loved the sweater ;) ) but comment that he was not wearing a Flames hat on purpose. And the reason:

Brian Burke does not like draft hats !!!

They then showed Tkachuk in the luxury suite with the Flames brass and Burke must have said 3 times that "Hats are for baseball players, son !" 

So, any Brian Burke-led franchise -- in case you were wondering, ha ! -- will never welcome a new player with a hat. Who knows...maybe they don't even do it in post-games. I'm not enough of a Flames supporter to know.

NHL_Draft_Hockey2.JPG_hFCiHLN.jpg

GettyImages-542870018.jpg

Random, I know, but it seems more topical than half the stuff that's bandied about during the summer.

12 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

rielly12.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

71309526-19th-overall-pick-mark-mitera-o

022113_burke.jpg

brianburke.jpeg

burkepronger.jpeg

Truculent teams don't wear hats, damn't !

To be honest, I'd be a little pissed if I didn't get a hat, when I'm (:P) drafted, because I love wearing baseball caps, and have always imagined throwing on the jersey AND hat and getting my picture taken. (I also wear a hat all of the time, and it would be a good excuse for wearing a hat at a more formal-like event...) 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

I honestly can't believe it has lasted this long. Will someone finally figure it out...

For a second, I thought you were talking about Vancouver, not Calgary.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

Yet he's okay with the dumpster fire, of a uniform, the Flames currently wear?

I know ! It's unreal. You'd think he'd be a traditionalist ... so go back in the history books and pick any early Flames sweater and go from there, Burke ! 

So it's Jets throwback vs. Oilers alternate for the Heritage Classic. I like it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

RNWCMMf.jpg

3NUkstq.jpg

For the Alumni game the Oilers will wear the current homes and the Jets are wearing the 1979-90 whites.

I like the Jets uniforms. Looks like the whites from 1975-1976. Can't say for sure without seeing the pants. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived