• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Dang it, no surprise throwbacks for the Jazz tonight. It would've been the perfect night for it.

Well, maybe 50th anniversary of 1997 instead? :P 

EDIT: Yet the scorebug for Root Sports is using the '97 logo. What.

That's pretty weird.

BpSCXo7.png

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Dang it, no surprise throwbacks for the Jazz tonight. It would've been the perfect night for it.

Well, maybe 50th anniversary of 1997 instead? :P 

EDIT: Yet the scorebug for Root Sports is using the '97 logo. What.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That's pretty weird.

BpSCXo7.png

I'll gladly take the W, but that was indeed weird. It wouldn't completely surprise me if Utah had planned to wear those but for whatever reason couldn't (past the deadline, too many uniforms, etc.) I'd say there's a good chance that they bring the mountain throwbacks back next year. (A single purple throwback/alternate would also placate me enough regarding it's use.)

On 2/24/2017 at 9:56 AM, Fuhrms said:

Are the Pistons' current road unis a lighter blue than the Bad Boys era? ColorWerx says no, but the shades look different to me.

IMG_0272.PNG

IMG_0273.PNG

With the move to the LCA for next season, I wonder if the Stones will be emphasizing red more in their color scheme. LCA itself is predominantly red because of the main tenant. 

AR-170229966.jpg&MaxW=1400&MaxH=1400

636232674236566202-Capture.PNG

NYCdog.png

2 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

With the move to the LCA for next season, I wonder if the Stones will be emphasizing red more in their color scheme. LCA itself is predominantly red because of the main tenant. 

Their home jerseys are already red-heavy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I wouldn't mind them using the mountain jersey as a throwback, I would definitely like to see it again, however I have no desire to see the mountain identity return on a full time basis now that we got the music note back.

I always thought a "best of both worlds" approach would be the best route to go; J-note logos and wordmark with mountain color palette. Of course it could do without black, and maybe pick-and-choose between light blue or turquoise to simplify, but something like that has always been my dream look for the Jazz. 

But otherwise, I've long wanted an occasional mountain jersey throwback alternate just for the nostalgia rushes. It was the first Jazz uniform I remember, and the one with the best memories to it. I loved those teams from 97-00 more than I've loved any other team in sports. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

I'll gladly take the W, but that was indeed weird. It wouldn't completely surprise me if Utah had planned to wear those but for whatever reason couldn't (past the deadline, too many uniforms, etc.) I'd say there's a good chance that they bring the mountain throwbacks back next year. (A single purple throwback/alternate would also placate me enough regarding it's use.)

I can't imagine with all the effort they put into putting the '97 stuff everywhere - even the scorebugs - that they didn't at least consider throwbacks. I'm starting to think it was talked about, but got nixed for whatever reason. Its really too bad, cause throwbacks and Karl Malone were the only things missing from an otherwise awesome reunion night. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I can't imagine with all the effort they put into putting the '97 stuff everywhere - even the scorebugs - that they didn't at least consider throwbacks. I'm starting to think it was talked about, but got nixed for whatever reason. Its really too bad, cause throwbacks and Karl Malone were the only things missing from an otherwise awesome reunion night. 

Hey, we always have next year's 1998 team to honor. Let's hope for a throwback next year!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/23/2017 at 9:48 AM, NYCdog said:

AR-170229966.jpg&MaxW=1400&MaxH=1400

636232674236566202-Capture.PNG

Are the Red Wings playing there too? If so that may be why there are red seats. 

IxkieML.png

28 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

The Red Wings started the project a few years ago and the Pistons just jumped on board a couple months ago.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Not sure why Joe Louis would be closing up shop this year if the Red Wings weren't playing at the new arena.  :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Lebron wore protective eye glasses during the game last night vs. WSH, due to getting his eye scratched in the game before.

Is this the first time he has worn glasses or goggles in an NBA game?  I know he has worn protective masks before but I don't recall him ever wearing glasses or goggles in a game.  I'm also trying to figure out whether the yellowish tint of the lenses intentionally matched the yellow jerseys (which is kind of cool, never seen that before), or if they just happen to be yellow.

9970577-nba-washington-wizards-at-cleveland-cavaliers-850x560.jpeg

30 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Lebron wore protective eye glasses during the game last night vs. WSH, due to getting his eye scratched in the game before.

Is this the first time he has worn glasses or goggles in an NBA game?  I know he has worn protective masks before but I don't recall him ever wearing glasses or goggles in a game.  I'm also trying to figure out whether the yellowish tint of the lenses intentionally matched the yellow jerseys (which is kind of cool, never seen that before), or if they just happen to be yellow.

9970577-nba-washington-wizards-at-cleveland-cavaliers-850x560.jpeg

yellow lenses are used by shooters to help with visibility. it is the first time he wore goggles and he clearly didn't like them, tossing them across the court in the middle of the game after missing a shot.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

yellow lenses are used by shooters to help with visibility. it is the first time he wore goggles and he clearly didn't like them, tossing them across the court in the middle of the game after missing a shot.

Yeah, I guess if he ripped of sleeves of his jersey mid-game after missing shots in the past, I guess throwing his glasses after missing a shot was just something waiting to happen.

Archived