Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Those were pretty good. Had a good balance of green, actually emphasized the "Timber" part of their name and retained the tree collar, but these will always be one of my favorite NBA unis ever

2960151.thumb.jpg.88af0f07965a58b0c3688712825e6330.jpg

I've never liked the Garnett set. IMO, there wasn't enough color and it looked washed-out. The wordmark they used back then was one of the worst in sports history, too. The post-Garnett set took what worked and refined it to make a modern classic. I know people think it was too busy, but IMO, busy is not the same thing as bad. There's nothing wrong with having an intricate, detailed uniform if it looks good.

13 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Those were pretty good. Had a good balance of green, actually emphasized the "Timber" part of their name and retained the tree collar, but these will always be one of my favorite NBA unis ever

2960151.thumb.jpg.88af0f07965a58b0c3688712825e6330.jpg

That's an upside down 8.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I've never liked the Garnett set. IMO, there wasn't enough color and it looked washed-out. The wordmark they used back then was one of the worst in sports history, too. The post-Garnett set took what worked and refined it to make a modern classic. I know people think it was too busy, but IMO, busy is not the same thing as bad. There's nothing wrong with having an intricate, detailed uniform if it looks good.

I didn't like the Garnett set, either.  Given that the wordmark and number had two outlines, one of them should have been green. I'm also with you on the wordmark.  

While the next set was an improvement, I still think green was too "off to the side" and should have been incorporated into the wordmark and numbers.

Also, I never liked the trees on the trim, which I know puts in the minority.

This last set, sucking the green right out from the previous was Padres-like in that it seemed almost defiant.

But if these images are true, the managed to create a uniform set that will run away with the title of "worst in team history."  Bravo.

(and I did not even mention the inaugural set...far and away my favorite)

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

That's an upside down 8.

All the numbers in that set were top-heavy though.

16 hours ago, Zilla2K said:

Not a fan of Minnesota's new unis 

IMG_0439.JPG

I don't mind this set. It just doesn't seem to fit for the Wolves. With that said, for some reason, that jersey is screaming to have the old Adidas logo in place of the nike logo.
 Logo_brand_Adidas.png

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've been on the record in this thread already about how my all-time favorite set is the Wolves' inaugural uniforms. (I refer to them as the Pooh Richardson era unis.) I get that the logo is dated and has its flaws, so I won't argue that point. But I loved the simplicity of the uniform and just how bright it was. I was really hoping the new Wolves unis would build off of that set.

And since we're talking about it, I'll double-down on my previous sentiments about the Garnett-era uniforms — easily the worst in the club's history. That wordmark alone is enough to tank the set. But the tree-trimmed collars are really cheesy. 

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Shrug. Opinions, man. I happen to love that wordmark. I know people think it was too busy, but IMO, busy is not the same thing as bad. There's nothing wrong with having an intricate, detailed wordmark if it looks good. In this case they offset the extensively detailed wordmark, and number font, and the logo on the right side of the shorts by having a barebones uniform and containing all of the design elements within the trim. (It's pretty similar to the Grizzlies original uniforms now that I think about it). I also love the tiny quirk of having the shorts cuffed on just one side. 

The reason I ranked those above the post-Garnett set is that it had that late 00's thing where there was piping and design elements seemed to bend and curve at seemingly arbitrary points with no rhyme or reason for why they've placed them the way they've placed them. I wouldn't even call it "busy", I'd call it piping for piping's sake. 

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

that late 00's thing where there was piping and design elements seemed to bend and curve at seemingly arbitrary points with no rhyme or reason for why they've placed them the way they've placed them.

Thank you for articulating what made a lot of recent NBA uniforms so bad. You're absolutely right. The last Atlanta Hawks set comes to mind as the worst offender.

I like the leaked jerseys considering its different from the rest of the league. It has basic elements that don't try to be modern. My only negative is that there is a lack of historical team elements that made it stand out.

New wolves shorts. So seeming like no green at all except a tad on the logo. Too bad.

2017-08-09_10-29-54.jpg

8 minutes ago, DJT said:

New wolves shorts. So seeming like no green at all except a tad on the logo. Too bad.

2017-08-09_10-29-54.jpg

Looks like a TINY sliver of green in the slit in the shorts... with is sad :(

Capture 1.JPG

10 minutes ago, DJT said:

2017-08-09_10-29-54.jpg

Pretty much confirms the 2K18 leak

Can someone mock up a few of these in their other colors? Navy one, white one, green one. I'm not talented like that or I would haha.

Unpopular opinion: this leaked uniform is far and away the best Timberwolves uniform since their original away uniforms:

ed09hee1zcguhpjbzykg3hfwi.gif

Not that that's a high bar to clear, granted. The only redeeming quality to the Garnett-era unis were the cuffs, IMO, and I don't like their current piping-happy uniforms one bit.

20 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Unpopular opinion: this leaked uniform is far and away the best Timberwolves uniform since their original away uniforms:

ed09hee1zcguhpjbzykg3hfwi.gif

Not that that's a high bar to clear, granted. The only redeeming quality to the Garnett-era unis were the cuffs, IMO, and I don't like their current piping-happy uniforms one bit.

Extra unpopular opinion, I never even liked the original Minnesota set. Minnesota is a team that has never had a uniform I particularly cared for, honestly. I think the new ones may be the best set they've ever had, but like you said, not a high bar. 

59 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

The template isn't bad. It's just the blatant lack of green that bothers me.

Same.

That's really uninspired. They did a good job with the new logo and went to lengths to promote the new bright green and then they just leave it off the uniform altogether? Why? I really don't understand those decisions.