2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Don't forget Oilers-Jets outdoors today, should be a good one.

This is the first outdoor game I've been excited for in a good long while, and I don't even get to watch it!

Also, this is already the 19th(!) outdoor game. Way too many.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

6 hours ago, RedRenesis said:

It's a low bridge, which the league banned some fifteen years ago, after a hit like that ended someones season. 

Hmm, i don´t see any suspension headlines on nhl.com ?

Of course, that site is also impossible to navigate on PC :wacko:

Your weekly Columbus Blue Jackets thoughts: 

- A 2-2 record in these first four games is my Stanley Cup. We didn't start 0-8, and I went viral (https://twitter.com/McSports3/status/789929443326296065)

- Zach Werenski has played two NCAA seasons, won a Calder Cup in the AHL and won't turn 20 until July. Somehow he looks completely unafraid of the NHL. Torts has him on the #1 powerplay and not only does he not look out of place, he looks like he's been running it for years. He's so smooth with the puck, his vision is amazing, his passes out of the zone are what I've wanted out of a PMD for ten years. Can't rave enough about this kid. 

- Bobrovsky is playing really well. I love the World Cup of Hockey!

- Ryan Murray is made out of cheese. 

- They're 15/16 on the penalty kill. The one goal they allowed was with an empty net late in the game against San Jose, which means they have yet to allow a power play goal with Bob in net. If they're going to hang around and compete they need to keep a high level of penalty killing. This was one of their main problems a season ago. 

- This schedule doesn't get any easier, but I'm encouraged by the way they're playing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Turns out Barclays Center only has PVC piping running beneath the ice, not metal piping, so they can't maintain ice to NHL specifications and don't want to bother trying:

Just freeze the ice with your phones, geez

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A shame to be a wild fan in Texas can't watch any games the wild look alright right now I kind of wish we didn't fire yep as I think he wasn't the big problem with the team but boudreau is a good coach from what I read at hockey reference so who knows

59 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

A shame to be a wild fan in Texas can't watch any games the wild look alright right now I kind of wish we didn't fire yep as I think he wasn't the big problem with the team but boudreau is a good coach from what I read at hockey reference so who knows

I feel like Yeo wasn't exactly the problem either, but something needed to change in the Locker room... 

And the Wild have had some good moments this season too. Some bad, but mostly good. I actually really like our PK. Usually it's a little disappointing and you worry about the other team scoring when you take a penalty, but I'm honestly kinda excited every time they get a chance to kill one off. They play very good on the kill...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Brooklyn is on the "actual Island."

I guess, but most people think of it as an entirely different place. Brooklynites are generally hipsters, which is the polar opposite of Long Island. I was trying to say that the Islanders should move back to where they belong, in the Coliseum.

Archived