Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

VDizzle12    234
12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

At first I was a little disappointed they didn't make it Bucks colors. But the more I look at it, I actually really like how the orange fits with the green and cream colors.

It's refreshing to see teams go with local brands that have some history. Cleveland (Goodyear), Milwaukee (HD), Orlando (Disney), Boston (GE), etc.

Digby    671

Rockets look is much cleaner and less dated, but they still messed up by not making regular versions based on last year's black alt, which ruled. Too bad. 

Bucks officially have way too many colors on their uniform. Harley is an interesting choice, demographically.

Zilla2K    22

UNPOPULAR OPINION: Butt stripes aren't as bad as people make it out to be, it looked good on Phoenix and it was unique. I like the 2-tone approach the Clips are taking with it

Lights Out    2,048

I'll wait to see real pictures of the Clippers' uniforms instead of blurry NBA Live screenshots before I judge, but so far, it's not what I was expecting based on the teaser graphics. I was thinking they'd go with a vintage look, but it seems they're sticking with a more modern approach.

I will say this: I don't think the "butt stripe" is as egregious as the Suns' or Mavs', because it doesn't wrap all the way around the back of the shorts and there seems to be some actual design intent. The two-tone design is kind of cool, actually, and they found a way to do it without ripping off the Pistons.

Jack Holmes    194
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

You can get some brief glimpses at a few of the unreleased uniforms, including the new Clippers white uniform, in this video for NBA Live 18:

It's a pretty low quality video, but I did my best to capture a couple of screenshots of the Clippers uniform. The wordmark is staying the same (sans pool noodles, though), and the shorts have a half-blue, half-red butt stripe:

IMG_6804.PNG.ca4dd9156e9dcc0a1cd6179b97fd133d.PNGIMG_6803.PNG.576e95cfca2ccf637a98c5113953fd74.PNG

Another look at the new T-Wolves in there too.

They could easily make the slimmer chest stripe green and they'd be substantially more rockin' if still kind of underwhelming. 

suns1977    260
32 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

At first I was a little disappointed they didn't make it Bucks colors. But the more I look at it, I actually really like how the orange fits with the green and cream colors.

It's refreshing to see teams go with local brands that have some history. Cleveland (Goodyear), Milwaukee (HD), Orlando (Disney), Boston (GE), etc.

Not a fan of the ads but I agree, this looks better than expected.

suns1977    260
7 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'll wait to see real pictures of the Clippers' uniforms instead of blurry 2K screenshots before I judge, but so far, it's not what I was expecting based on the teaser graphics. I was thinking they'd go with a vintage look, but it seems they're sticking with a more modern approach.

I will say this: I don't think the "butt stripe" is as egregious as the Suns' or Mavs', because it doesn't wrap all the way around the back of the shorts and there seems to be some actual design intent. The two-tone design is kind of cool, actually, and they found a way to do it without ripping off the Pistons.

I just want to say I'm proud my Suns forced the term "butt stripe" into our lexicon.

IceBurgs70    222
20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Have they released the gold jersey yet? I was hoping they would switch the number color on the gold jerseys from white to purple. 

KGeeX5    399
1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

The ad is whatever but what irks me the most is the cream outline on Milwaukee. Totally muddles it up like the Nuggets uniforms. 

pepis21    265
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Clippers uniform. The wordmark is staying the same (sans pool noodles, though), and the shorts have a half-blue, half-red butt stripe:

IMG_6804.PNG.ca4dd9156e9dcc0a1cd6179b97fd133d.PNG

It looks like Clippers decided to take shorts from Suns and retouch it a little.