NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Just stop Nike, that is not the reason for this abomination 

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

Excellent!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

2ewzd55.jpg

Jaguars

8 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Orlando Magic

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/6uFEAxP

it won’t show directly because I’m in phone, but the point will still be made.

ExJworW.png

50 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Nike_NBA_City_Edition_Uniform_Washington

Oh no, the wordmark *and* numbers are at an angle?  <_<  I'm sure they'll come up with some Nikespeak about how the angle matches the angle surveyed by Benjamin Banneker, or some such.  EDIT:  oh, it might just be the odd angle of the jersey in the photo.

Meanwhile, I (still) challenge the board to find an NBA jersey in history with more letters on the front.  I don't care how small they made the font; that word mark is too busy.

I found it interesting that the Lakers want to make the City Edition the ‘Lore Series’ to honor their stars. They certainly had enough to last them for a decade or so. No other has a nickname that’s as iconographic as Kobe though, Will be interesting to see how they design a Jersey for them

07Giants.pngnyy.png

18 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

According to the Nike article, all 30 teams will get a new city edition uniform every year?

That's a bit over kill isn't it?

NBA fans won't go for changing all the jerseys every year, a la European soccer, so this is the next best thing. But no, there certainly are not enough strong ideas to make this work.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21887992/zach-lowe-new-los-angeles-lakers-uniforms-inspired-kobe-bryant-nba

Lakers almost went with a bunch of crazy concepts including their own sunset-themed uniform too!!?? Wow.

Sounds like they wanted something to invoke the nightlife, and a bunch of other concepts that they might bring back next year like the uniform from this cover.

issue-66-kobe.jpg

shado_logo.gif

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Clippers’ City uniform commemorates the 40th season since they moved to the state. Of course, the LA Clippers began playing in San Diego. 

So...

I’m just glad that they brought back the light blue and orange. 

Not sure why the Knicks haven’t revealed theirs yet, but alas, there’s no firefighter jacket-like stripe going around like I hoped

07Giants.pngnyy.png

49 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

According to the Nike article, all 30 teams will get a new city edition uniform every year?

That's a bit over kill isn't it?

I tend to think so, especially as I noted a page or two back that the Jazz are looking to extend their city uniform an extra year. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Blazers really knocked it out of the park with theirs, IMO. Dr. Jack plaid, Rip City wordmark, Portland city flag on the waistband, side stripes inspired by the stripes in the city flag, etc. I’m biased, but I think it’s easily one of the top 2 or 3 City edition uniforms.

20171212_ely_17109_0.jpg?itok=aHFyCsJI

20170616_ely_11235_0.jpg?itok=qOUQNlGv

20170616_ely_11231.jpg?itok=J5MG5dAD

DSEgceLUIAAwEnC?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

LuJ9Oej.png

Love that they got 3 white sails on the short as a nod to the old San Diego Clippers logo. Plus the orange is nice too

5452.gif

1 hour ago, keynote said:

Oh no, the wordmark *and* numbers are at an angle?  <_<  I'm sure they'll come up with some Nikespeak about how the angle matches the angle surveyed by Benjamin Banneker, or some such.  EDIT:  oh, it might just be the odd angle of the jersey in the photo.

Meanwhile, I (still) challenge the board to find an NBA jersey in history with more letters on the front.  I don't care how small they made the font; that word mark is too busy.

The wordmark is the only thing I even like about the jerseys. 

Looks like a tank top I can buy in a five pack at Target. Not enough colour. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived