Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

\

The partial striping is driving me mad. I wonder if this is the trend we will see on the City uniforms. Voila_Capture-2017-12-27_08-33-30_AM.jpg

4 minutes ago, Teal said:

Any idea when the City sets will be updated and playable in 2K18?

You'd think soon because that's where these originally leaked. :)

9 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Agreed. The collar is the worst part in my opinion. The front is charcoal while the back involves orange and blue. That in addition to the yellow outline on the numbers makes this completely unpalatable.

DSAvOH7UIAA27uF?format=jpg

Nike does a really great job of making dumb templates, and then forcing design elements to highlight their dumb templates. Without Nike's weirdo jersey construction, the random blue/red/light gray stripes on this jersey wouldn't exist.

I like that rainbow Utah jersey. The new Heat set is nice too. But they weren't worth severely damaging nearly every other team in the league -- especially high-profile franchises like Boston and LA.

I'm surprised the Pistons and Nike don't embrace a black alternate with the skull and crossbones for the Pistons. The bland navy and Motor City stuff is uninspiring. I think the Pistons were the league leaders in apparel sales (or close to the top) when they embraced the skull and crossbones.

Something similar to this with a Swoosh would sell like crazy.

IMG_0076.jpg

Just stop Nike, that is not the reason for this abomination 

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

2 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Orlando Magic
The edges of light bordering our universe reveal a vastness greater than our imagination. Emblematic of the desire to achieve more, the Orlando Magic City Edition uniform is the will to break boundaries, push our outer confines and find something greater than our individual selves. Go higher. Go farther. Go deeper. Be limitless.

2ewzd55.jpg

8 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Orlando Magic

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/6uFEAxP

it won’t show directly because I’m in phone, but the point will still be made.

50 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Nike_NBA_City_Edition_Uniform_Washington

Oh no, the wordmark *and* numbers are at an angle?  <_<  I'm sure they'll come up with some Nikespeak about how the angle matches the angle surveyed by Benjamin Banneker, or some such.  EDIT:  oh, it might just be the odd angle of the jersey in the photo.

Meanwhile, I (still) challenge the board to find an NBA jersey in history with more letters on the front.  I don't care how small they made the font; that word mark is too busy.

I found it interesting that the Lakers want to make the City Edition the ‘Lore Series’ to honor their stars. They certainly had enough to last them for a decade or so. No other has a nickname that’s as iconographic as Kobe though, Will be interesting to see how they design a Jersey for them

18 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

According to the Nike article, all 30 teams will get a new city edition uniform every year?

That's a bit over kill isn't it?

NBA fans won't go for changing all the jerseys every year, a la European soccer, so this is the next best thing. But no, there certainly are not enough strong ideas to make this work.

The Clippers’ City uniform commemorates the 40th season since they moved to the state. Of course, the LA Clippers began playing in San Diego. 

So...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21887992/zach-lowe-new-los-angeles-lakers-uniforms-inspired-kobe-bryant-nba

Lakers almost went with a bunch of crazy concepts including their own sunset-themed uniform too!!?? Wow.

Sounds like they wanted something to invoke the nightlife, and a bunch of other concepts that they might bring back next year like the uniform from this cover.

issue-66-kobe.jpg

The dumbest explanations other than the Magic?

I’ll go with ‘grey, the color of unity’ and ‘dancing numbers’ for the Pelicans. 

The Kings numbers look ridiculously small too  

Screen_Shot_2017_12_27_at_11.55.41_AM.pn