anythinglogos

2017/18 Soccer Kits

46 minutes ago, Digby said:

I don't love that mockup and the biggest reason is the imbalance. This idea would go a ways toward fixing that.

Sure would be nice to have the correct colors on a USNT jersey, though. Miss you Gold Cup.

Yea I don't understand the obsession with royal/cyan blue. Especially after they changed to the new logo and it was navy. What is so hard about just using the actual colors of the flag/crest? And while the jersey looks like it could be decent it still leaves us begging for a full time look. 

I feel like I'm the only one who really like the use of the brighter colors on the USMNT kits. Especially how they are used in the mock-up.

First real shot of the Italy home shirt:

3ED601E1-C357-41C2-A8E8-83CE4C646E1E.thumb.jpeg.9360646239184a9dfce21da755cbe1ce.jpeg

And here’s one of the keeper shirts:

4BF8E16C-A1AC-4B06-B808-AF3AC3A291D3.thumb.jpeg.5070925e2fb31bfd39bd496b07b8c424.jpeg

And then here’s the Ivory Coast home shirt for the WC:

F53C1828-170B-4945-BAE2-E97222B8D184.thumb.jpeg.8bd17592e8d18aa3e360db0c62b7e535.jpeg

As you can see, Puma is making greater use of their evoKnit technology for their WC shirts, and in the case of Ivory Coast the evoKnit pattern is supposedly meant to form the face of an elephant, albeit more of an abstract interpretation. Also, this image is showing a sample, which is why the neck trim is mistakenly the flag of Cameroon. The neck trim on the final version will almost surely have the tricolor of the Ivory Coast flag.

That Ivory Coast jersey reminds me of the old Canterbury rugby jerseys and the soccer kits Portsmouth wore right after. 

Love that elephant-pattern on the front of Ivory Coast's kit. Though the italy kit is very nice, the crest ruins it for me, doesn't feel european to me. 

On 27/09/2017 at 3:34 PM, upperV03 said:

3ED601E1-C357-41C2-A8E8-83CE4C646E1E.thumb.jpeg.9360646239184a9dfce21da755cbe1ce.jpeg

New badge on there also for the Italian FA.

The Italy shirt will apparently be debuted by Buffon tomorrow evening against Macedonia - the outfield players will be sporting the away shirt.

Buffon in outfield kit is a classic, I remember back in 2003/2004 season, Gigi wore Juve away shirt probably more times like outfield players. He done that also in Parma.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:34 AM, upperV03 said:

Didn't notice that dark bit along the neckline.  Looks a little familiar:

2a376d51b698d4b68428861284b439ce--film-s

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Buffon in outfield kit is a classic, I remember back in 2003/2004 season, Gigi wore Juve away shirt probably more times like outfield players. He done that also in Parma.

It's something you do see in Italian club football, a little quirk I'm rather fond of.

I seem to recall Victor Valdes doing that for Barca in the mid to late 00s. Before Nike templated the hell out of their GK jerseys.

I was not sure where to post this, but we have no specific topic for eSports.

Flamengo has unveiled their new eSports team and the jerseys are great (they are the black ones):

B2B79c5.jpg
NXjGQ5B.jpg

Wish Adidas used this template more on actual uniforms other than Orlando Pirates

I believe Manchester United and most other adidas teams made this shirt available, just nit as gameday gear.

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I believe Manchester United and most other adidas teams made this shirt available, just nit as gameday gear.

Flamengo had that as an avaiable shirt before the eSports team, I think it was the same thing for all the top 6 adidas teams 

I am so disappointed. I really wanted the US in the World Cup. I was also very interested to see how the kits would look. Will those still be released as next year's kit, even if they aren't for the World Cup?

9 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted the US in the World Cup. I was also very interested to see how the kits would look. Will those still be released as next year's kit, even if they aren't for the World Cup?

Most likely yes, it’ll just be used for friendlies and the women will use it for World Cup qualifiers. There really isn’t any reason for Nike to change the design, and not really enough time either, so they’ll just have to change the marketing campaign that’s released with the kits.

14 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Normally they are. National teams tend to change kits every 2 years